So wait... 360 isnt HD?

CZMQFRG said:
No it's not. 720i is. 480p is EDTV (Enhanced Definition). Sorry, I hate correcting people but still :wink:

You my friend are wrong also

Current HDTV standards are defined by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-R BT.709) as 1080 active interlace or progressive scan lines, or 720 progressive scan lines, using a 16:9 aspect ratio. All current HDTV broadcasting standards are encompassed within the DVB specification.

720P is the standard

Source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_television

Last edited:
gamer_of_life said:
My friend was talking to me the other day and he said 360 is standerd def of 780p and PS3 is HD with 1080p whats going on? so 360 isnt HD? its D?
lol wtf r u dumb ir summit cuz u sound it lol.

like thj 360 is hd u idit

02sheslop said:
lol wtf r u dumb ir summit cuz u sound it lol.

like thj 360 is hd u idit

dude, your the one that sounds like a ****ing idiot.

LEARN TO SPELL.

seriously, at least TRY to get some of those words right. If your over 5 you can spell all of that correctly. So theres really no reason for all that crap.

And dont spam. Only post if your post has something of relevance to the topic.

ON TOPIC:

The thing is, whether its officially HD or not, the 360 always looks freaking bad-ass for most games.

Silent-Sniper said:
Lmao the xbox 360 supports 1080p and i, I am looking at the option screen as I speak, mine is set to 1080i.

You can only get 1080P if you have a 1080P TV and use a HDMI cable. Not sure what you have but this is the case.

all of you are bunch of spaceballs

THESE ARE HD:
480P
720P
1080I
1080P

anything below 480 is standard Definition

The Xbox 360 can play 1080i and p, with the HDMI port it will even make it look better.
You just need to buy the HD Cables and make sure ur damn tv can play 1080i or p.

The Wii can only play up to 480p which sucks lol

The ps3 and Xbox 360 are the ones that can play all the way to 1080i

Manny21 said:
correction you are a spaceball

THESE ARE NOT HD:
480i or 480p (EDTV)

THESE ARE HD
720P
1080I
1080P

The Xbox 360 can play 1080i and p, with the HDMI port it will even make it look better.
You just need to buy the HD Cables and make sure ur damn tv can play 1080i or p.

The ps3 and Xbox 360 are the ones that can play all the way to 1080i DON'T YOU MEAN 1080P:wtf:

You my friend know nothing.

480p is the shorthand name for a video display resolution. The p stands for progressive scan, i.e. non-interlaced, while the 480 denotes a vertical resolution of 480 vertical scanning lines, usually with a horizontal resolution of 704 or 720 pixels and 4:3 aspect ratio on standard-definition television (SDTV), or a horizontal resolution of 854 pixels and 16:9 aspect ratio on high-definition television (HDTV). 480p is not high enough to qualify as HDTV; it is considered Enhanced-definition television (EDTV). The frame rate is usually 30 or 60 hertz and can be given explicitly after the letter.

Source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/480p

and enhanced definition TV (EDTV)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced-definition_television

Manny21 said:
all of you are bunch of spaceballs

THESE ARE HD:
480P
720P
1080I
1080P

The ps3 and Xbox 360 are the ones that can play all the way to 1080i
im confused. :scared:

Stranger said:
dude, your the one that sounds like a ****ing idiot.

LEARN TO SPELL.

seriously, at least TRY to get some of those words right. If your over 5 you can spell all of that correctly. So theres really no reason for all that crap.

And dont spam. Only post if your post has something of relevance to the topic.

ON TOPIC:

The thing is, whether its officially HD or not, the 360 always looks freaking bad-ass for most games.

ur jest jelnous cuz i have a 360 an u dont

Last edited by a moderator:
Highest level of HD is 1080p. Both the PS3 and 360 can support that output. Although true, an HDMI cable will make 1080p smoother. HDMI is not needed for true HD because HD is anything 720p and above. Which means there are three standards for HD. All are considered True HD. Just different levels of quality.

Three HDTV standards are currently defined by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-R BT.709). They include 1080i (1,080 actively interlaced lines), 1080p (1,080 progressively scanned lines), and 720p (720 progressively scanned lines). All standards use a 16:9 aspect ratio, leading many consumers to the incorrect conclusion of equating widescreen television with HDTV. All current HDTV broadcasting standards are encompassed within the DVB specification.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_television

Back