Sony finally realizes what is needed, a price-cut

fistpittingnork said:
I knew Costco had a guarantee like this, but I wasn't aware Sam's Club did. I've looked at their site, only briefly, and was unable to locate anything similiar to Costco's return policy, do you know this for sure? If so, I might wait just a couple more months to see if the Ps3 is going to take off (as far as game developing and stability goes) and I might pay Sam's a visit. There are no Costcos where I live.

I bought my tv from sams and thats what they told me. A guy in front of me returned his tv after 3 years of owning it because he didnt use it anymore. They gave him all of his money back that he paid.

Btw you can get a membership online and purchase items online. However if you have a sams near you, just buy it there. They are never in stock at the ones by me. You will probably have a better chance online.

Ruman said:
He means the gaming division, dumbass.

Wow I really get under your skin dont I?? Its funny you get that mad over my posts. Is it your time of the month?

Sony knew they were gonna lose money in the video game department before releasing the ps3. Since they are doing well in other areas it will make up for it. Which is why I posted the link. Did you know sony is able to make the processors cheaper now? They are smaller, less expensive, and produce less heat. Which means it will help to cut losses even less. It will be a matter of time before they start to break even or even make a profit. Probably in about a year after everyone jumps on the blu ray ship. Next time you try and make fun of me, just remember I am smarter than you and you will get burned. I will now bend over so you can plant your lips right on my ass.

Wii&Ps3 said:
I bought my tv from sams and thats what they told me. A guy in front of me returned his tv after 3 years of owning it because he didnt use it anymore. They gave him all of his money back that he paid.

Btw you can get a membership online and purchase items online. However if you have a sams near you, just buy it there. They are never in stock at the ones by me. You will probably have a better chance online.

ok, well when I'm ready and if things start picking up for Ps3's then I'll just goto Sam's, the one thats a mile away from my work always has 60 gb Ps3's in stock.

Thanks for the info.. I wasn't sure if Costco allowed online/distant memberships or not, never really looked into it. But I pay $40 a year to have a Sam's club card in my wallet, might as well use it for more than free flat repairs, $.03 less a gallon gas, and free sample saturdays.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Wow I really get under your skin dont I?? Its funny you get that mad over my posts. Is it your time of the month?

Sony knew they were gonna lose money in the video game department before releasing the ps3. Since they are doing well in other areas it will make up for it. Which is why I posted the link. Did you know sony is able to make the processors cheaper now? They are smaller, less expensive, and produce less heat. Which means it will help to cut losses even less. It will be a matter of time before they start to break even or even make a profit. Probably in about a year after everyone jumps on the blu ray ship. Next time you try and make fun of me, just remember I am smarter than you and you will get burned. I will now bend over so you can plant your lips right on my ass.

I wasn't making fun of you or spitting fire like you think I was. I was just correcting you and telling you which part of sony he was talking about. I know sony can make up for it, he was just saying how the game division is collapsing. I just threw in an insult for punctuation. Stop being so sure of yourself. Just because I post in the same topics as you do doesn't make me a stalker or a kiss-ass or whatever.

Honestly, I can't see a price drop anytime soon. Yes, it's true that production costs will decrease due to more efficient processors, but this is hardly limited to ps3 technology. The 360 will also benefit from this. All a price drop will do is force the competition to do the same. And microsoft and nintendo can do this w/o dipping into the negative. (we can only hope)

However, the ps3 is far from doomed. We just won't see numbers anywhere near those of the ps2.

i dont even care how cheap it gets. when i played ps2, i always got really bored. i thought multi player on it was horrable, not any fun. I also really didnt like the controls.

If Sony loses exclusive MGS4 rights, or FF13 they will be in deep trouble. The price is one thing. The lack of exclusive games will be an outright downfall for any game system. Study failure game systems in the past. They all lacked a large quantity of high selling titles.

MGS4 online for the 360 would hurt Sony in massive ways. I'm also surprised in the lack of comments Konami has made about MGS4 staying exclusive to the PS3.

Wii&Ps3 said:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601101&sid=ajbKoZXI2hOk&refer=japan

Yep sony is doomed :sleep: Brandon I suggest you remove whatever is crammed in your ass and open your eyes. Sony isnt going anywhere ;)

Who said anything about SONY being doomed? read my post above... it says PS3 is doomed. Its paralleling the same things that happened to the Saturn.

I'd still buy a Sony TV? Just not the hunk of junk Blu-ray player with games console on the side known as a PS3...

thoughtcrimnal84 said:
The price isn't the problem. The people who want a ps3 are getting one. It's just that most people realize it is a waste

The price is a big problem... Some people who would love to purchase a PS3 may not be able to afford it. Someone may just want a PS3... lowering the price of the PS3 would encourarge people to buy it. People would be able to buy it if the price was cut.

it's a combination of all the stuff.. of course more people would buy them if they were cheaper, just would it be enough for Sony to make up the difference?? they're probably saying "no" now or else they would lower the price.. i think the system looks great though i'm not interested in purchasing one because i use my computer for those types of games and now i have a wii for all of the other types of games..

oh and i checked the stats, the ps2 is still losing like 20 bucks per system, but they make so much more than that out of the games and accessories that it doesn't matter.. kinda like ink for your printer.. printers are so friggin cheap now but the ink is what kills you.. ps3 is exactly the same just with more expensive hardware

If they lower the price, more will be sold... if they don't some will still be sold... but not as many... therefore it probably won't make much difference whether they retain this price or decrease it.

it would only be practical if they KNEW that people would buy more games because it was cheaper.. otherwise it would really be pointless

There almost better off to give them away for the price of a wii. Think about it. Blue Ray would win for sure, they would win the console war and all the profits would come from blue ray royalties and games.

yeah, if they are really making as much as it sounds on all the licensing stuff then it would probably be in their best interest to completely slash the prices.. do they get a cut for movies and such too??

Back