Sprayed my controller!

rob1016 said:
it looks awesome bro. you should have left the b button white. hey did you see the mod where someone made the a button light up blue. you should do that. again great job.

At first I left the trigger white, but it just looked all wrong.

Yes the mod you were talking about was the "Super Cool Glowing A Button". It is awesome :lol:

FRuMMaGe said:
At first I left the trigger white, but it just looked all wrong.

Yes the mod you were talking about was the "Super Cool Glowing A Button". It is awesome :lol:

are you going to do the nunchuck?

rob1016 said:
are you going to do the nunchuck?

Yeah probably. I'm just wondering if it would look good though considering the cable is white. You can't really paint something that bends.

Also, I would have to leave the analogue stick alone, which may look odd.

inspired :D This weekend, I will be buying a triwing screwdriver, new wiimote, nunchuck, black matte spray paint, blue leds.
Then i will be doing this combined with the "Super Cool Glowing A Button" mod :)

I want an orange wiimote. Which has LEDs which emit black light!

:( gutted :( are there any shops in the UK I can pick up a triwing screwdriver? Or do i have to order and get it delivered?

I've opened an SNES with one of those weird things which has a hexagon shaped hole at the end. So like a screwdriver, just with a hexagon shaped end. Used for unscrewing bolts or something. Can't find a picture cause I have no clue what their called. If you have the right sized screw driver, you can probably get the wiimote open, although you might damage the screws.

JT. said:
I've opened an SNES with one of those weird things which has a hexagon shaped hole at the end. So like a screwdriver, just with a hexagon shaped end. Used for unscrewing bolts or something. Can't find a picture cause I have no clue what their called. If you have the right sized screw driver, you can probably get the wiimote open, although you might damage the screws.
Yeh, i thought baout trying it, but I would hate to damage them and then not be able to open it, so I will have to be patient. (i am Mr Impatient!!)
Did you mean an alan key?

black for monday, red for tuesday, green for wednsday, yellow for thursday, blue for friday, white for saturday, and orange for saturday, if you were that rich :lol:.

Next remote I'm making the top half of the case red and the bottom half black. And then I may do the battery cover in red also for a cool look.

Any other ideas?

FRuMMaGe said:
Any other ideas?

This is just an idea but when i used to work on cars, i remember we had log rolls of shrink tubing. Basically before you soldered wires you'd slide some shrink tubing down the wire, solder the connection, slide the tubing up over the connection and use your soldering iron(or any form of decently high heat like a lighter, etc) and the shrink tubing would... shrink(who'd a thunk it?) Anyway that might work to make the cable for the nunchuck black, the only thing is i'm not sure if they make the tubing with a large enough diameter to fit over the USBish connector. But when/if you open the nunchuck(also depending on your electrical ability) you might figure out how to make that work.

Again just an idea,

Kyle

smyth said:
This is just an idea but when i used to work on cars, i remember we had log rolls of shrink tubing. Basically before you soldered wires you'd slide some shrink tubing down the wire, solder the connection, slide the tubing up over the connection and use your soldering iron(or any form of decently high heat like a lighter, etc) and the shrink tubing would... shrink(who'd a thunk it?) Anyway that might work to make the cable for the nunchuck black, the only thing is i'm not sure if they make the tubing with a large enough diameter to fit over the USBish connector. But when/if you open the nunchuck(also depending on your electrical ability) you might figure out how to make that work.

Again just an idea,

Kyle

Wouldn't this decrease the flexibility of it? Remember you need full mobility in some games.

not in any way i can think of. it's basically the same rubber material that's already around the wires, just not srunk yet. it' doesn't shrink to the point of really sqeazing the cable, just enough to hold it in place really. If you could figure out how to get the tubing to get past the connector it wouldn't be like you would have a pin straight cable with no flexibility. The only reason we used it for electrical work was because it shrunk down enough around the wires to keep water and such out. That's all it was designed to do, it doesn't pull to make a better connection, just stops corrosion.

Short answer- no it should not have any side effects to the flexibility of the cable at all.

-kyle

smyth said:
not in any way i can think of. it's basically the same rubber material that's already around the wires, just not srunk yet. it' doesn't shrink to the point of really sqeazing the cable, just enough to hold it in place really. If you could figure out how to get the tubing to get past the connector it wouldn't be like you would have a pin straight cable with no flexibility. The only reason we used it for electrical work was because it shrunk down enough around the wires to keep water and such out. That's all it was designed to do, it doesn't pull to make a better connection, just stops corrosion.

Short answer- no it should not have any side effects to the flexibility of the cable at all.

-kyle

Good idea, i'll give it a try :yesnod:

Back