Ssbb meta knight

See you can remain positive even when your main is out

Considering I'm happy that both my opponents can't use 'em, and I can't abuse 'em, there's no way I wouldn't be positive. :D

Pikachu thunder spammers are my only fear.

Play a good Pikachu, and legit thunder will be your new fear. It is true some characters have a rough time handling thunder spam, but all characters fall to a sweetspot-offstage thunder... Ugh.

Then again, I main Wolf and soon-to-be Flaco, so thunder ain't exactly a problem for me very often.

Well I like Marth and it quickly becomes a problem

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ F-air/F-smash with proper timing, and you'll counter Thunder perfectly. Speaking of that, counter works against Thunder too.

I'm no Marth main, but I know plenty about 'em.

Funfact: Meta is my main. Or rather, was. Now that he's officially a piece of banned ****, I need to be legit. :lol: I can't say I'm unhappy about losing Meta as my main either, though: it gives me all the more reason to get better.

This is what I like to hear from 'Meta' mainers'. No harm in trying someone else out and getting to a level of godly level with them.
Who tickles your fancy apart from Meta?

edit; I see it's Wolf.

Well your name ssb in it

;)

edit; I see it's Wolf.

CORRECT!

Been mainin' Wolf long before I mained Meta. The instant I saw his playstyle and what a badass he is as soon as his gameplay was revealed in Japan, I was dead set on maining 'em. Lo and behold, he's still a main three years later. :lol:

Falco will probably replace Meta as my to-turn-to top tier for more competitive matches. Although who knows, I might turn to Marth in the long run as well (however long until SSBU is released, anyway...). Loves me some swordplay, and I'm a damn-well dedicated Fire Emblem fan.

Last edited:
If you guys are interested here is the official announcement: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13439900

Any way I fear with the MK ban, we will see an dramatic increase in other top tier characters.
I hope this will force more people to use a mid tier counter
This could create a more diverse metagame but this can also create a top tier overuse in Brawl.

Last edited:
I fear with the MK ban, we will see an dramatic increase in other top tier characters.

Normally I'm not a dick, particularly about a video game, but...

That's an utterly moronic thing to say, bro. ¬_¬ Seeing any character(s) more common than Meta isn't something to fear, it's something to love and damn-well accept. It's like you're saying you'd rather see the flood of Meta remain, instead of Meta usage being split among other top tier characters.

There's already a top tier and previously S-TIER overuse in competitive Brawl. Taking Meta out of the picture means there is no reason to run just top tiers for your main and sub, either. No legal character main/sub for tournaments is Meta as main, Snake as sub anymore. That means people have to play character combinations tailored to counterpicking, so indeed, we might see Top/High or even Top/Middle character pairs winning tournaments. Nothing bad could possibly come from banning Meta, dude. ;_;

/shakefistoverreacting

as i said before this could cause both bad or good reactions.
what i don't want to see is an increase in snake
in my opinion snake is better than mk if played correctly

also, how would this effect the tier list?
a new tier "banned" and all the movements in the tier list?

as i said before this could cause both bad or good reactions.
what i don't want to see is an increase in snake
in my opinion snake is better than mk if played correctly

Opinions normally can't be wrong, but factually, yours is. -_-; Why do ya think Meta is banned, but Snake isn't?

As I said, I'd rather see an increase in Snake and all the other Top Tier fighters, than having a 50-50 between Meta and Snake. I still don't know why you think something bad could come from this...

also, how would this effect the tier list?
a new tier "banned" and all the movements in the tier list?

I didn't say anything 'bout this affecting the tier list, but now that you mention it, it will. I wouldn't doubt that there's a great character in high or middle that gets utterly destroyed by Meta, but can go toe to toe/has advantageous match-ups with top tiers. With Meta gone, a character or two might move up the tier list.

That's not an opinion, that's a fact. I would know, I used him for quite some time.

That's an opinion. :p

You must not underestimate what is a fact.

Let's try an example: Beethoven > Bieber
Would you call that fact .... or opinion?

You must not underestimate what is a fact.

Let's try an example: Beethoven > Bieber
Would you call that fact .... or opinion?

Opinion. You can't compare shitty modern faggot-pop to beauteous, quality classical.

well, i was just asking the question. It was an off "topic" (more like off the tangent we were on) question.

Since that was pertaining to Meta Knight, it's 100% on topic. :thumbsup:

I really am curious though, dude... What bad could possibly come from banning Meta?

Back