SSBB Sells 820K Copies in 1st Week!

manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Nintendo released Super Smash Bros. Brawl in Japan on January 31 and, over the course of the next four days, gamers there snapped up over 800,000 copies of the Wii fighter. Long-running sales chart topper Wii Fit was finally dethroned this week, amid a stable of new releases that also included Disgaea 3, Assassin's Creed and Suzumiya Haruhi no Tomadoi. Also debuting, but not performing quite as well as the Nintendo mascot fighter was Capcom's Devil May Cry 4 which moved nearly a quarter million units combined on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, making it one of three PS3 titles to chart in the top ten.

The best selling software in Japan for the week of January 28 to February 4, courtesy of Media Create, continues after the jump.

01. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) - 820,000 / NEW
02. Devil May Cry 4 (PS3) - 205,000 / NEW
03. Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut (PS2) - 117,000 / NEW
04. Suzumiya Haruhi no Tomadoi (PS2) - 114,000 / NEW
05. Wii Fit (Wii) - 73,000 / 1,356,000
06. Disgaea 3 (PS3) - 55,000 / NEW
07. Devil May Cry 4 (Xbox 360) - 40,000 / NEW
08. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (DS) - 34,000 / 175,000
09. Assassin's Creed (PS3) - 28,000 / NEW
10. World Soccer Winning Eleven: Ubiquitous Evolution 2008 (PSP) - 26,000 / 102,000

11. Wii Sports (Wii)
12. Family Ski (Wii)
13. Mario Party DS (DS)
14. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd (PSP)
15. Need for Speed ProStreet (PS3)
16. Need for Speed ProStreet (PS2)
17. Professor Layton and The Devil's Box (DS)
18. Taiko Drum Master DS (DS)
19. Dorabase: Doraemon Chou Yakyuu Gaiden (DS)
20. Mario Kart DS (DS)
21. Wii Play (Wii)
22. Final Fantasy IV (DS)
23. Lucky * Star (PS2)
24. Nep League DS (DS)
25. Houkago Shounen (DS)
26. Dragon Quest IV (DS)
27. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)
28. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
29. Mario Party 8 (Wii)
30. Animal Crossing Wild World (DS

Source:http://kotaku.com/353711/super-smash-bros-brawl-sells-820k-in-its-debut-week

This game is the best game ever!

Good sales. Although it might be less than the sales of something like Halo 3 you have to remember this was only a Japanese release and not a global one. This game will be immense in America and Europe.

Those are some solid numbers in Japan for sure.
And yes, North America sales should be quite high as well no doubt, which is good to see. Although most of Nintendo's first party games do well, this has been their best game so far.

I also believe that they ran out of stock with the 820k so the number would be even larger if they had produced more. =)

Also this generation with Wii has seen more sales in US compared to JP, so I wouldnt be surprized (with enough copies) that more than 820k will be sold in US.

I wonder if anything will outsell Halo's 2 million+ in 24 hours

Its starting to seem nearly impossible.

I wonder how fast SSBB will sell in US

This is defiantly game of the year material.

This should also help sell a few thousand more wii consoles.The amount of people buying a wii JUST for this game (I personally know at least 20) will surely push Nintendo's stock up a few points.

Extra Life Mushroom said:
This is defiantly game of the year material.

This should also help sell a few thousand more wii consoles.The amount of people buying a wii JUST for this game (I personally know at least 20) will surely push Nintendo's stock up a few points.

I'm one of those that purchased the wii for smash bros, but for other reasons as well.

T3kNi9e said:
I wonder if anything will outsell Halo's 2 million+ in 24 hours

Its starting to seem nearly impossible.

I wonder how fast SSBB will sell in US
ya but that was a worldwide launch i think wasnt it? melee could have if it launched everywhere at the same time... i think if you added up all the pre orders they'd top a couple mill

oh and ot mushroom: i was one of those

Back