Stop slating the Ps3

---Brian---

WiiChat Member
Apr 1, 2007
Scotland
Ok, i own a wii, i dont own a Ps3 but personally i think the Ps3 is a better console and why? well have u seen the games on the Wii, i mean really the only game ive played for more than 10 hours of game-play is Zelda, and ive completed that. Look at the bottom of my signature too see the rest of the games i own, the Wii isnt a console in my opinion, its a party product, good when u have ure mates round, but there isnt any serios games that i cant sit down and play on my own. The Ps3 will win the console war easy, they arent selling well as there too dear, but when it comes christmas they will fly of the shelves, the Wii is selling well at the moment because your average 15 year old boy can afford one, but at christmas the demand will be all on the Ps3. Also ive seen people saying games like Kh are going to xbox and wii, bull crap, no such thing is happening, but Ps3 are losing a lot of there big games, but Ps3are going down a different route, there starting to make new games from scratch such as MotorStorm which was an amazing game. The Wii is good, but when ive saved enough money for the Ps3, il probally just let my wii collect dust, i will play the odd good game that comes for it like SSBB, but the Ps3 is a real console. The same happened with my Game cube, was good at first but after a few months i was back to my Ps2, i only got the GC for Zelda, i only got the Wii for Zelda, but Sonys console is for real gamers.

I feel the same way. I like my wii and all but I will get a ps3 too. I'll get all the really good titles for wii but the ps3 will probably be my main system. I want hd games and blu ray.

People mainly bash Ps3 here because there are a good handful of arrogant Ps3 Fanboys that take a hit on the Wii whenever possible.

There are some Wii fanboys here sure, and some are pretty stupid. But the worst fanboys ive seen on wiichat are indeed sony fanboys.

And PS Brian: No wonder you havnt played any good games, you dont own any except Zelda. And the Ps3 is having just as much problems if not more with their game selection then the Wii just to let you know.

Yea, You 3 are right. PS3 does suck eye

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wii has some excellent (hopefully) titles coming out later in the year such as Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy & Spider-Man 3. The current game list is OK, but it will improve.

I don't think most* people would want to spend £430 on a console to give to someone for christmas

*Apart from rich people :D

well how about ssx blur i am well into 45 hrs or so in to that game and my mate wii-bhoy is 34 hrs into dbz:tb2
the wii in my opinon is not a party product

Don't forget Resident Evil. PS3 and 360 get basicly the same version, while the Wii is getting it's own! Now hell yeah for that. 360 has Forza 2, and PS3 has Gran Turismo.

This Warhawk game everyone's been hyping up is gonna be download only which shows some problems.

Lessee....Oh, Resident Evil 4 is being remade once again for the Wii, with more features and such.

Manhunt 2 is going to be on the Wii.

Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxies, Spiderman 3, Scarface, Driver, and so many others as well. Party item? I think not. Viable investment? I think so.

PS3 is mainly for home entertainment as a whole, not just games. If it were just for games, then the price wouldn't be so god-forsakenly high. Yeah, it's a bargain for what's inside it, but if you took the unnecessary crap out and let the people have it as accessories, then the price would be a helluva lot lower!

The PS3 booth at CES was pathetic. No good games. Hardly any people. People keep talking about how great PS3 is going to be. I'll buy a PS3 when it's actually worth buying, but not now.

I didnt say the games arent good, yeh there great fun, but they arent detailed enough to offer any real gaming experience, Mario, some like it personally i think its crap, Super Mario Sunshine, i played it for an hour and never played it again, paper mario Woohoo! but yeh SSBB will be good, and probally metroid, but i want some decent games now, not the crap nintendo are hitting u with although Blazing Angels is a great game, played that for 20+ hours.

PtonJalken said:
People mainly bash Ps3 here because there are a good handful of arrogant Ps3 Fanboys that take a hit on the Wii whenever possible.

There are some Wii fanboys here sure, and some are pretty stupid. But the worst fanboys ive seen on wiichat are indeed sony fanboys.

And PS Brian: No wonder you havnt played any good games, you dont own any except Zelda. And the Ps3 is having just as much problems if not more with their game selection then the Wii just to let you know.

"ok, so can u suggest any games i can get at the moment in the Uk that can offer me something more than a few hours fun?"

remember the DS launch?? i said that because after 4 months after the DS launch there was nothing... You know why? because the developers didn't know how to use the DS...thats the something with the wii.. the developers don't know what to do with the wii controls... if i were you i would wait till at the very least like a year or 2 before you can judge the wii... the developers need time to adapt to the controls

so...your asking us not to slate the ps3, while slating the wii? ok...

The wii is not a party product, you CANNOT judge a consoles games on launch titles, you have to wait for good games, just like for any other console.

C'mon! Do we not have enough of these threads?! If you just want to ***** about either the Wii, PS3, or 360, read the other 5k threads there are on this subject. The arguments were good at 1st, but after the 1st couple 100 threads it got old. Maybe this will make you re-think.

Ok, i own a wii, i dont own a Ps3 but personally i think the Ps3 is a better console and why?
Ok, so you're about to go into a debate blind-folded...let's see how it turns out, ladies and gents.
well have u seen the games on the Wii, i mean really the only game ive played for more than 10 hours of game-play is Zelda, and ive completed that. Look at the bottom of my signature too see the rest of the games i own
The Wii doesn't have any long lasting games right now except for LoZ, I agree. Well, Ultimate Alliance is long....and I liked it a lot, so there's another one for you; anyways, the games coming out within now and late next year are going to keep us busy till our hearts content, believe me.
the Wii isnt a console in my opinion, its a party product
:lol:
good when u have ure mates round, but there isnt any serios games that i cant sit down and play on my own.
No, there isn't. Not right now. The Wii isn't going to burn out in the beginning and die off, it's going to keep supplying "good enough" games until late this year and early next year, there's the big "POW!" that'll win them the console war.
The Ps3 will win the console war easy, they arent selling well as there too dear, but when it comes christmas they will fly of the shelves, the Wii is selling well at the moment because your average 15 year old boy can afford one, but at christmas the demand will be all on the Ps3.
Don't fool yourself, the PS3 is going to continue to lose the console war, because not only do I think blu-ray will fail the DVD wars (which would result in the PS3's ultimate downfall), but the PS3 will take forever to reach a reasonable price drop, which is when everyone will snatch them up.
Also ive seen people saying games like Kh are going to xbox and wii, bull crap, no such thing is happening, but Ps3 are losing a lot of there big games, but Ps3are going down a different route, there starting to make new games from scratch such as MotorStorm which was an amazing game.
MotorStorm does look amazingly awesome, the graphics must be beautiful....hey, looky there! 1 game! Oh, Resistance....2! Damn, I better go shell out $600!

Yes, they're losing tons of exclusive developers, but they're not making up for it; it's like giving 2 and getting 1. You don't make up for your previous losses.
The Wii is good, but when ive saved enough money for the Ps3, il probally just let my wii collect dust, i will play the odd good game that comes for it like SSBB, but the Ps3 is a real console. The same happened with my Game cube, was good at first but after a few months i was back to my Ps2, i only got the GC for Zelda, i only got the Wii for Zelda, but Sonys console is for real gamers.
Be real kid, if you had a 'mature' taste in games (by 'mature' I mean sophisticated, not shoot em' up, cuss-out, drug games; well thought out games like SSBB, SMG, Kirby (Wii), DK (Wii), AC (Wii), MP3, and so many more) then your PS3 would be collecting dust and you'd be playing all the amazing games coming out for the Wii. Of course I have a different version of the 'mature' than you i'm sure, since you think Wii is crap and PS3 pwns all.

I'm not saying PS3 sucks and the Wii doesn't, but the PS3 does suck in so many more ways than the Wii.

Back