Street Fighter II question

rishees08

Wii God
Dec 14, 2006
Baton Rouge, LA
Wii Online Code
5799-4389-5503-2517
This is one of my favorite fighting games ever! I haven't played it in a while though. Does anyone know if you can play as the last four characters in the arcade mode (Vega, the boxer guy, M. Bison, and the other guy whose name I can't remember)? I think I remember playing as them back in the day.

I could be wrong, but this is the original SF2 and you cannot play as the last 4 characters.

I played this back when the cartridge was out and I remember there being lots of rumors, but I don't think they were true.

Or maybe it was just Bison... Hmm.

You can't in the original SF2. But you can Game Genie them as playable. Or... wait till Super SF 2 comes out. They even made a Super SF Turbo for the SNES, and SF Alpha 2! It's crazy how many games were ported to the SNES. I got SFA2 in cartridge format.

rishees08 said:
This is one of my favorite fighting games ever! I haven't played it in a while though. Does anyone know if you can play as the last four characters in the arcade mode (Vega, the boxer guy, M. Bison, and the other guy whose name I can't remember)? I think I remember playing as them back in the day.

The Boxer Guy is Balrog and "the other guy" is Sagat

Which is the one on Sega Genisis?

And Vega/M.Bison/Balrog Change names all the time in different areas of the world.

I had it on snes, and as far as I can remember you can't play as em. I know for sure on turbo you can. And the other dude was Saget, how do I remember? Cuz it rhymes with one of the f words.

In the original Street Fighter 2 (which is the one on the virtual console) you absolutely cannot, cannot, cannot play as the bosses (well, without a game genie or something).

It wasn't until Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition that you could play as the bosses. It wasn't released on any consoles, but it's successor Street Fighter 2 Turbo was released on the SNES (and on the Genesis/Megadrive named SF2 Special Championship Edition), and would you play the bosses on that.

Super Street Fighter 2 added the four additional characters Cammy, T Hawk, Fei Long and Dee Jay. It was also released on the SNES and Megadrive.

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo added the super bar and Akuma, but was never released on the SNES or Megadrive.

So I imagine we can expect a release of Super Street Fighter 2 at some point, maybe Turbo first, which is somewhat annoying.

Phazer

Actually, there is a 'championship' mode, made unlockable with a certain button code. The mode allows Mirror matches (Ryu vs. Ryu, Ken Vs. Ken, etc.). I was going to ask if any has successfully done it because everytime I do it, it doesn't work.

The code is Down, R, UP, L, Y, B and I think you are supposed to enter it on controller II before the Capcom logo appears up on the start of the game.

Back