Super Luigi Galaxy

This is a spoiler in the very thinnest sense of the word. It has nothing to do with the storyline of the game or what you do while you are playing the game. It has no effect on your enjoyment of the game as you are playing it through.

It's like knowing that when you finish Metroid, you can replay in Hypermode. It affects nothing as you play the first time.

No one is going to by halfway through the game and suddenly think to themselves, "Man, I sure wish I didn't know you could play as Luigi after I finish! This level is no fun now!"

The Smash Bros. Dojo website pumps out spoilers every day - bigger ones that this - and people eat up like a starving man at a buffet.

Skippy said:
The Smash Bros. Dojo website pumps out spoilers every day - bigger ones that this - and people eat up like a starving man at a buffet.

Yep I was just thinking that when reading through the forum. The logic of those complaining is flawed here. This is not really a game spoiler. It's not really the same thing as saying something like "Bowser this time is holding Peach at gun point and Luigi comes out of no where and takes a bullet for Mario and then Mario uses his FS from Brawl and totals Bowser, and Peach sadly, at the same time. Mario holds his brother as he slowly dies in Marios arms and decided that he might as well bang Daisy since him and Peach weren't really heading anywhere." That's what a spoiler is. That should be a movie.

SantaClaws said:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/spoiler/hid...led-317469.php

retards
No... The title of the topic alone which is read just by browsing the gaming forums is a spoiler in it'self. I'm just implying most people are smart enough to interpret it, I find it fairly obvious and don't find myself to be too intilligent.

Retard:crazy:

Last edited:
Stop moaning. Theres enough clues for you to guess Luigi as a playable character anyways. Just think about it it's obvious they'd include him.

Stop moaning ya 'Jackass(s)'

Wii_Smurf said:
Stop moaning. Theres enough clues for you to guess Luigi as a playable character anyways. Just think about it it's obvious they'd include him.

Stop moaning ya 'Jackass(s)'
LOL was he in sunshine or sm64?

and I moan when i want, most people like it:D

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it was obvious they'd include Luigi, though it did seem more likely when he appeared to feature in the single player as a non-playable character. Still, he could have been in SM64 and SMS, but wasn't. But then again, he was an unlockable character in New Super Mario Bros...

I just can't understand why they'd include a full new character with a new range of animations and different properties (increased athleticism etc), but wouldn't include a full two player co-op mode with the brothers? Why the hell have Nintendo forsaken one of the best features about the original SMB platformers?

If anything, this news motivates me even more to buy SMG. I was probably going to anyway, but knowing Luigi is eventually playable seals the deal. Also, it motivates me to get all 120 stars instead of half-assing it just to beat the game.

Thanks for posting. I had heard rumors, but I never anything was 100% certain.

Stalky said:
I just can't understand why they'd include a full new character with a new range of animations and different properties (increased athleticism etc), but wouldn't include a full two player co-op mode with the brothers? Why the hell have Nintendo forsaken one of the best features about the original SMB platformers?
Thats exactly what I want to know.......They put in the coop mode, with the other remote, so why not just let that person control Luigi for real?

My only guess is there could be camera problems with 2 people running around, especially on those really small speres that are in parts of the game. Would've been really cool, if they got it to work though

MySims said:
dont get ticked off at him. Dont read it if you dont want to. and dont go swearing at people for no reason.

Great find by the way
Jackass isn't a swear ****tard.

To anyone who didn't see this coming, I say shame on you if you call yourself a true mario fan.

There were hints to this all along if you kept up with the interviews. They wanted to add a 2-player element to the game from square one, but wanted it to be co-op and not versus. (much to the dismay for many) They also made several hints that Luigi wuld be returning in some fashion.

Now most would've wanted to have a full scale co-op mode, but look at the game and think for a second. Is that feasible? You would have to make it into a split-screen scenario, which would not only slow down the frame rate but it would also most likely confuse and disorient many players. So they added the co-op portion instead and we settle for luigi as an unlockable.

If you wanted to play as the mario brothers in a team scenario, then wait for brawl (where I'm sure he will be a 'alternate costume' for mario:replace fludd blast with poltergeist 3000 air blast, all other moves would be identical)

Yeah in hindsight a spoiler warning would have been nice but it's already over and done with.

Back