Super Mario RPG Rated E

Sticking to what they know will make them money..especially the 3 most wanted games..Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, EarthBound..RPG's of course but over all every website has had a thread containing all those games. Nintendo is really slow on getting what people want, example Extra Guitars for GH3..or even downloadable content for Gh3.. By the way I never said "I loved original Mario Bros as a kid, so let's get it for VC instead of actually getting a new game that I haven't played a billion times" So if your going to quote me at least use my words and not yours.

Adamquest64 said:
You sound pretty close-minded, so try this: Try playing VC games you HAVEN'T played before instead of just saying crap like "I loved original Mario Bros as a kid, so let's get it for VC instead of actually getting a new game that I haven't played a billion times."
People seem to blindly follow nostalgia and that's sad. I never owned a Turbo Graffix, so that's the system that I usually look to on VC, and guess what: Turns out it's awesome! Please get some Turbo Graffix games instead of sticking to only what you know like some sheep.

Yeah you are right, the turbo graffix has some awesome games. Bonk is brilliant :D I never even heard of the turbo graffix till the wii came out lol.

EDIT : South park, golden eye was an amazing game, it came in as my third favourite for the nintendo 64, ocarina of time first and majoras mask second of course :p

Last edited:
Adamquest64 said:
You sound pretty close-minded, so try this: Try playing VC games you HAVEN'T played before instead of just saying crap like "I loved original Mario Bros as a kid, so let's get it for VC instead of actually getting a new game that I haven't played a billion times."
People seem to blindly follow nostalgia and that's sad. I never owned a Turbo Graffix, so that's the system that I usually look to on VC, and guess what: Turns out it's awesome! Please get some Turbo Graffix games instead of sticking to only what you know like some sheep.

Quoted for the win.

I'd never even heard of a Turbografx-16 before it was announced for VC, but I'm glad they're supporting it, because they've got some excellent games (Bonk, Dragon's Curse, Neutopia, etc.). Heck, the reason I find the VC great not for nostalgia, but to try out games I missed the first time.

Deity said:
Goldeneye will not be released on the VC, that the makers (rare) wont let it be released, same goes for all of rares titles (killer instinct, banjo kazooie etc) except donkeykong.

Mario + RPG = has to be good

How come rare wont let it be released? and also why should ninty need there permission anymore? ninty doesnt have any rights to the game at all? im actually asking i have no idea how the legal crap of the gaming industry works.

crazyman2 said:
How come rare wont let it be released? and also why should ninty need there permission anymore? ninty doesnt have any rights to the game at all? im actually asking i have no idea how the legal crap of the gaming industry works.

Right, I know it's a bit confusing so here's the situation: back in the day Rare worked as a "second-party developer" for Nintendo, meaning they were an independent company and owned the rights to their own franchises (Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark, etc.) but exclusively released them for Nintendo consoles (Nintendo often like to use second-party developers- another famous one is HAL Laboratory, who are behind the Kirby, Earthbound and Super Smash Bros. series). A few years ago Rare got bought out and become part of Microsoft. This means that Rare can no longer make their games available on VC without permission from Microsoft (Rare have stated they are willing if they can). This does not apply to Nintendo franchise games which were "outsourced" by Rare, such as Star Fox Adventures or the Donkey Kong series. In these cases, Nintendo still owns the rights and they can appear on the VC. Goldeneye is a special case because it was based on a film, and hence requires permission from whoever owns the rights to the James Bond franchise.

So basically, Rare's games might appear on VC, but don't hold your breath.

i most certainly do! andothers too have voiced that they care. thank you very much mr. napal. but im still alittle confused. so if the james bond movie dudes say its ok for nintendo to release it as a vc its cool? how come microsoft can say ninty cant use the rights they already own? i dont get, if they already had the rights to create the game for the n64 system, how come they cant just copy the game onto vc? its not a new game, and would make sence to me that that means no new rights needing to be had. if they've already developed this exact game, how come they cant copy it to VC's. cuz techniqually its not really making the game for the wii, its still an n64 system. since this is such a new concept, im wondering if there is actually legal battles going on bout this.

Last edited:
crazyman2 said:
i most certainly do! andothers too have voiced that they care. thank you very much mr. napal. but im still alittle confused. so if the james bond movie dudes say its ok for nintendo to release it as a vc its cool?

Honestly, I don't know what the legal situation is with Goldeneye.

how come microsoft can say ninty cant use the rights they already own? i dont get, if they already had the rights to create the game for the n64 system, how come they cant just copy the game onto vc? its not a new game, and would make sence to me that that means no new rights needing to be had. if they've already developed this exact game, how come they cant copy it to VC's. cuz techniqually its not really making the game for the wii, its still an n64 system. since this is such a new concept, im wondering if there is actually legal battles going on bout this.

No, Rare owned the rights to those games, but now Rare belongs to Microsoft., so now I believe Rare needs Microsoft's permission to release their old games onto VC. I know it sucks, it's just the way business works.

crazyman2 said:
How about Goldeneye? Its like the staple game. Thats a damn must have if you own an n64. and my sister real wants pokemon stadium, me included i admit. for the mini games of course

Rare title, so it may not happen, BUT if it does I want online play added!!!

Hmmm

Mario RPG has to be one of the best games I have ever played for ANY system and I liked Paper Mario for N64 (not heard it mentioned) I would'nt mind it on the VC but I don't know what determines what they put on the VC. It seems like theres not many if any 3rd party games on there, If you remember Nintendo had a BIG ordeal back in the day with TENGEN selling games that were remakes to screw nintendo over. Since then it seems like Nintendo is very weary about 3rd parties (I don't blame them)

I only seen one Turbo Graffix 16 in my life and it was when I was in elementary school, Some middle aged guy was playin it on his porch and I went up to take a look. (im 25 now) And never seen them in stores but the graphics were pretty good for the time, It seemed like a cross between a NES and a Sega Genesis and the only game I saw on there was Bonk. I was surprised to find out the Nintendo made that system (or had some part in it)
I first saw Paper Mario for 64 in a pawn shop and the guy there said if I bought 2 games he'd give me that one for free cause he said he could'nt get rid of it. It ended up being the best one out of the 3! (other 2 were Hot Wheels and Pilotwings) got them all for 7.00!

alright thanks again napalmbrain. samXcor, online goldeneye would be sweet haha. Come on nintendo. if your gonna make our christmas surprise anything, make it that!

Back