Team Xecuter video demonstrating Nintendo Switch "modchip"

hybrid -x1

~graceful assassin~
Sep 14, 2010
Shooting Star Suimmit
Wii Online Code
1000-2000-3000-4000
Team Xecuter have finally unveiled their first Nintendo Switch "modchip" - the first in a "SX" range of products.

The video shows off a dongle that connects to the Switch's USB type-C port and an accompanying device that attaches to the Switch's right-hand side Joycon rail. The Switch is then booted into a Team Xecuter custom firmware that shows the Switch running commercial backups and the ability to switch games in real-time.

This is the first in a line of "SX" products from Team Xecuter and promises full compatibility with Switch's from all regions and all firmwares.
Pre-orders for the device are to open this week, with more details to follow.

sx-switch-jpg.123388

Expect some kind of hardware revision soon

If not Nintendo are screwed

Expect some kind of hardware revision soon

If not Nintendo are screwed

Cracked t' hell already? The flash card days unexpectedly live on.

So this "modchip" is called the "SX". Preorders have been up for like 2-3days now and I managed to preorder mine for $41 and it launches June 15.
In case you were interested or curious here is a FAQ by Team Xecutor for the SX.

Team Xecuter has just posted a FAQ concerning some of the questions from the community (via Maxconsole):

Q: Can I update my Nintendo Switch to the latest firmware?
A: Yes, you can. We are compatible with all firmwares and all regions!

Q: How are game ROMs launched? What format do they need to be in?
A: Games ROMs available right now from release groups are compatible as-is.
Copy the XCI files to the root of your Nintendo Switch microSD card so SX OS will be able to find them.

Q: How does the tool (jig) and dongle operate? Are they needed everytime you turn on the console?
A: If you don't want to make any (software) modifications to your Switch Console, both the Tool (jig) and dongle are needed every boot.
SX OS has an optional "AutoRCM" feature that can be installed to your Switch Console such that the jig tool is not needed anymore on boot.

Q: How does the AutoRCM feature work?
A: The AutoRCM feature makes a tiny modification to your system's on-board storage via software, and from there on you will ONLY need the dongle (and won't have to press the volume key) when booting your console.
Please note: With the AutoRCM feature installed, your Switch will only boot up with the SX Pro Dongle inserted or by any other USB-C launching method currently available. Once booted, you can always uninstall AutoRCM through SX OS.

Q: Is the license for life and updates included?
A: Yes, it is! All updates are free and for the lifetime of your console.

Q: Is SX OS tied to my console/dongle?
A: Yes. In case of SX Pro the license is tied to your dongle and console. In case of SX Lite the license is tied to your license code and console.

Q: Can we play eshop games?
A: The current version of SX OS only allows to play cartridge based games. But we're working hard to bring game titles that originate from different distribution media to SX OS as well! It is on our list of features to add in upcoming updates.

Q: How will SX OS work?
A: The SX OS boot file and licenses can soon be retrieved from our easy to use website that will launch shortly. Simply follow instructions and you will be set up in a few minutes.

Q: What do I need if I only buy SX OS?
A: We strongly recommend buying SX Pro for the ease of use and safely streamlined procedure. That being said, SX OS standalone can be launched from Windows using TegraRcmGUI (TegraRcmSmash) or from NXLoader on android (with a USB-otg adapter).
We offer support & warranty on your devices, please note any issues you face by errors/misuse of other methods will not be covered by our warranty.

Q: Will SX Pro work with Switch Linux?
A: We will release a method of (chain)loading Linux using your SX Pro dongle soon.

Q: Do we need to use the L/R buttons on the Joy-Con to switch game ROMs?
A: We are working on a more user-friendly menu that can be launched from the home menu.
We already have a working menu prototype that is fully functional but we are still improving it for our audiences.

Q: Can SX products run homebrew software as well?
A: The initial release of SX OS will not have support yet for running homebrew software for all firmware versions. Currently only the standard method for installing homebrew is supported, which means limited to the specific firmware version 3.0.0.
We are in the final stages on adding support for running homebrew software regardless of firmware version and we expect to have this included with one of the first SX OS updates.

Yeah its not related to the actual firmware, its a hardware hack, akin to modchips, updating frimware will do sod all as it breaks a circuit forcing the console to boot off USB

Only a hardware revision will stop it
So Nintendo, about that upgraded Tegra chip?

Dont really see the need to use it for emulation as I have a Vita (waiting on the recent firmware crack) mainly because ts big and bulky and not really a pocket console (sans MC Hammer)

Cant really hack my main Switch for legal reasons (Looks bad if im running wares on a modern machine), if I get lucky and get another on the cheap maybe

So this "modchip" is called the "SX". Preorders have been up for like 2-3days now and I managed to preorder mine for $41 and it launches June 15..

How's it workin'?

Yeah its not related to the actual firmware, its a hardware hack, akin to modchips, updating frimware will do sod all as it breaks a circuit forcing the console to boot off USB

So it's blatantly safer than software homebrewin' and the like. Fancy that.

Nice, I have purchased one sx pro from Flashcarda.com, after received the sx pro, I don't buy any other game cards.it helps me saving money

Id be careful with them ATM some Switch models have been fixed so the exploit wont work

SX OS Works with every Nintendo Switch console released before June 2018 out there. On every firmware version! If in doubt, please check here if your switch is compatible.

Back