(Tentative) Wii Chat High Scores

supermandudekid

Wiikender
Apr 6, 2007
Wii Online Code
7954-4237-6337-3848
So some of you might know me from the thread "Link's Crossbow Training High Scores" if you haven't seen you can look in my signature.

I was thinking about doing a full wii chat high score table, where not just one game, but multiple games for wii chat members. This would be all inside of wii chat and would consist of high scores from different games posted inside one thread like somewhat of a scoreboard. Some games that come to mind would be wii sports, wii play (thread of "Wii Play High Scores" could be imported into the new thread.), links crossbow training, resident evil:UC, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, and many others.

So if you like this idea, give some feedback as well as some other games that could be included in this new thread. This idea is really to see some of the talented wii players in this forum.

Give it a shot. If it's handled the right way, it might be possible. (But yes, it will be complicated)

I think the best way to do this would be to have an external webpage with just highscores. It would be too much for one forum thread. Having multiple threads for each game would be hard without having its own section. There are already threads for most of the mentioned games anyway.

You might wanna consider adding SSX Blur to your list though.

Last edited:
Barbz911 said:
yea but still how are we going to get EVERYONE to participate???

Well it wouldn't have to have everyone participating,just whoever would like to post.

I think the best way to do this would be to have an external webpage with just highscores. It would be too much for one forum thread. Having multiple threads for each game would be hard without having its own section. There are already threads for most of the mentioned games anyway.

You might wanna consider adding SSX Blur to your list though.

The thing about an external webpage is that it wouldn't have the wii chat member only feel and that some people would be too lazy to bother with another site. If i can fit it nicely with spoilers etc. I think i could get high scores and then a leaderboard for people who are consistently getting high scores in many games. And ya SSX Blur would be perfect.

Great idea. Nice to see intellegent posts from a new guy. I say it's possible, it's not like all of wiichat is going to go for it so it won't be obscene amounts of people. You could always make a simple web page that just holds a table of high scores and let people post them here. Remember to make sure they give you a picture so it's legit. Then you could link the pictures on the web page. I would PM syntax and ask if you could make a website solely dedicated to having a huge table of wiichat member high scores, because there is that whole external link policy isn't there?

you can use your profile's homepage... but there's this fear of you getting hit by a bus and all the work is for naught... :yesnod: or finding a new interest away from wiichat...

(i don't hope you get hit by a bus)

idjut said:
but there's this fear of you getting hit by a bus and all the work is for naught..

haha, that made my day idjut :p

But anyway, yeah it really just depends on member support. People can put links in their signatures and such. I'm not too familiar with the rule about outside links, but I think if its a wiichat exclusive site and supports the community it doesn't really fall under validating what the rule was created for.

Last edited:
Ya, i think the best way would be the external link with the tables and such now that i think about it. Just one thread would be very much too crowded. And i might just go old school and code the html myself with this one.

keep it simple (and alphabetical? only add graphics to first page?) ... if i want to quickly reference high scores in LCT i don't want to sift through Ghost Squad stuff. :yesnod:

your site can catch on quickly if it's a cinche to use and understand...

HEY! perhaps stick with blogger! if it allows you to make a good index! :yesnod: ...you may want to consider if you want commenting turned on in the blog or if you want all commenst to be in wiichat for thread visibility...

hmmm

So this is the start, its not the greatest layout but i will be working on it.
I don't really know the rule about external links yet but i think this will be fine.

Wii Chat High Scores

looks like it can go in the right dierction :yesnod:

try to give it a wii color scheme or some familiar wiichat colors... it will be obvious that they left wiichat, so you could add the following 3 liknks to the blog so members return to wiichat...
these links could help with you keep permission to promote your blog on wiichat. :yesnod:

also... these are links that return the member to THEIR OWN wiichat controls... not your's

Back