The Best Wii Mod Chip?

so what are the odds of it actually bricking your wii? so long as you only run games from your region there is no risk? how hard are they to install?

yeah like playing super paper mario in Uk. Since its not out yet playing it without making sure u update it first will brick your wii. I've got a wii cyclo-wiz V2.

cheburns said:
so what are the odds of it actually bricking your wii? so long as you only run games from your region there is no risk? how hard are they to install?

Odds of bricking your Wii are zero if you update it over the internet before playing a new game. No need to stick to your own region if you are careful.

All the current mod chips are exactly the same, five wires soldered to the drive.

Tezzie006 said:
i don't think the wiikey can play dvd's

There is a GC Linux Media Player program on the WiiKey setup disc. WiiKey (and other mod chips) allows you to run home brew Wii/GC programs like this. Nevertheless, the program requires a GC controller while WiiMote does not work. If you don't have a GC controller, it costs you about the same as buying a cheap DVD//Divx player.

you cant brick the wii.... i tried to run super paper mario on a pal wii and when i hit the disc channel from the wii menu it said 'perform system update now?' so i hit yes and then it worked fine

so no matter what the wii will make you update before playing and "bricking" your wii

as for dvd playback there is a program in development that makes the wii play dvds

source: http://wiihacks.blogspot.com/2007/05/region-free-wii-dvd-player-for-wii.html

ok mr know it all

1. you CAN brick the wii, but its not as easy as it seems
2. i posted that dvd thingo because they were asking about it

How about I say it a different way. If you don't pay attention and upgrade to the latest firmware before playing any new game then its easy to brick the wii? Some releases are mislabeled as being US NTSC when they are in fact patched PAL releases.

i got the us ntsc version of super paper mario specifically to see whether it would work or not

so i put it in the wii... it shows up on the disc channel in the menu, so i hit the disc channel then it says perform wii system update, you cant miss it

only idiots would say no to that

what software do you use to rip/burn the dvds (and does it matter +/-r and all that) because I tried copy one on nero and it said it couldn't recognize the format or something along those lines.

The short answer is that you don't because its not worth the cost/effort/time to do it yourself and any game you have access to has already been ripped and available on many trackers and channels.

OK im thinking about buying the wiikey, but what about the new update coming out? will that affect me adding the wiikey in anyway? i dont want to brick.

there wont be an update for the wiikey

everyones complainign about that these days

i dont see why... it doesnt introduce new compatibility so i dont give a ****

but yeah get it... it wont brick ur wii, just make sure u get a professional to install it because if u solder it wrong then ur wii would be ****d

im not talking about the update for thw iikey, the new update for the wii july 11 you know.

oh yeah well that new wii will probly have a new motherboard that doesnt allow mod chips

but if u have an original wii it will be fine

its not a software issue because the mod chips are attached to the disc drive so it fools the wii into thinking that its a nintendo disc

they are undetectable by nintendo

Back