The Best Wii Mod Chip?

ok well im trusting you, and i woudl love if the new nintendo update opens the dvd player on the wii.

well it doesnt matter coz if u have a wiikey soon there will be programs that allow dvd plaback anyway so it doesnt matter what nintendo do

although dvd playback in original wiis would be nice, dvd channel thats what im talkin bout

yeaaahh

ok well im going to do the wiikey, i hope i dont brick, i dont think i will.
wiikey play dvds itself?

it reads them but u need a homebrew app to load them

ill try to find a link to one

but i know there is one

anyway on the wiikey setup disc

there is an app that lets u play any video file from ur computer on the wii

like any at all

oh yeah

MAKE SURE U GET A GENUINE WIIKEY NOT A CLONE

go to the list at wiikey.cn and buy from that list because they are genuine

CZMQFRG said:
No you just cant talk about where to get them
wtf are you talking about? we arent talking about where to get them, he just mentioned where you can find a list on retailers, just because i go to newegg.com doesnt mean im going to buy something. calm down man.

other note: i heard the Cyclowiz can be updated via dvd. Couldnt find out how the wiikey would get updated if there was a release.

Loki said:
wtf are you talking about? we arent talking about where to get them, he just mentioned where you can find a list on retailers, just because i go to newegg.com doesnt mean im going to buy something. calm down man.

other note: i heard the Cyclowiz can be updated via dvd. Couldnt find out how the wiikey would get updated if there was a release.
same way dude.

ok cool
anyone know where i can buy the PulseUV chip for the wii?
EDIT: wiat i got it, sick mods, but they out of stock :(

Last edited:
Loki said:
ok well im going to do the wiikey, i hope i dont brick, i dont think i will.
wiikey play dvds itself?

wiikey so far allows you to play some import games depending on whether you have a NTSC or PAL wii. Furthermore, there happens to be a problem with the audiostreaming which messes up original gamecube games too. Wiikey so far does not play dvd movies if that was your question - there were suppose to release an update in May which they still have not gotten around to release it yet. But in general Wiikey so far is a very good modchip. BTW it does not play Naruto Shippuden nor does it play Bleach.

If you want the most function then get the Wiinja Deluxe. It has actual working audio fix that lets you play some audio streaming GC games like Eternal Darkness, Naruto and others.

If you want the cheapest and most flexible then get OpenWii. It'll cost you around $9 for a do-it-youself kit. It also has DVD upgrade that lets you update the chip software via DVD.

I don't think WiiKey is the best chip because it is exactly like other chips and doesn't have audio fix. They promised an update month ago, but it's rumored that there will never be an update because how there are a bunch of clones that's way cheaper and does the exact thing.

I have OpenWii installed and I'm very happy with it. All it needs is audio fix so I can play Eternal Darkness and Naruto. Since it's open source, different people all over the world is working on improving the chip instead of a hand full like closed source chips.

Last edited:
sweet, i wont mod if nintendo opens dvd playing in the new update comeing out.

Back