The Darkness is in you Now!

... That's kinda pathetic. x) It really doesn't take much practice IMO. Not 'less your hands have garbage muscle memory.

^ That's jumpin' the gun a tad IMO. Lookin' for strategy guides and such prior to becoming perfectly comfortable and skilled with a character (minus "advanced techniques") is generally a bad idea. Gotta step your game up one level at a time.

Pikachu... Ugh, that yellow rat was too good in 64. I'll stick with Craptain Failcon 'n Fox, thanks. :lol:

Haha my best friend is pretty good with Fox.

Trying to put a revers laser in it can be difficult
Doing a short hop is easy
Using a short hop is hard

Usin' a SH in a sequence of ATs, during a combo or not, is definitely not hard; less you're playin' Fox; just takes practice to gain muscle memory. If somethin' is learnt through time 'n experience alone, I don't consider it rather hard t' learn.

Usin' a SH in a sequence of ATs, during a combo or not, is definitely not hard; less you're playin' Fox; just takes practice to gain muscle memory. If somethin' is learnt through time 'n experience alone, I don't consider it rather hard t' learn.
Adv Tech is muscle memory
From DACUS to Wavedash to Foxtrot
anyway if Foxtrot and dash dance are considered advanced techs then why not short hop?

Eh, I s'pose so. The "advanced" part of AT doesn't really mean that much.
Using it is the hard part
Doing a DACUS was tricky
but once i mastered it, I could do it outside of battle
It took me a while to adapt it into my playstyle even though I could do it flawlessly

IMO, the only DACUS that's difficult to incorporate into a playstyle is Wolf's and Shiekf's. Wolf's is one'a the harder ones to do consistently, and there ain't much use for a DACUS U-smash anyways. Not 'less they're on a low platform or doin' somethin' stupid like charging a move close by, i.e. DK's Giant Punch.

Shiek's is the hardest DACUS in the game, real narrow timing. Ironically, I find it a lot easier than Wolf's. :lol:

... Don't mind our horribly nerdy Brawl discussion, InDarkness. :lol:

It is quite useful
I mastered wolfs but not fully shieks
and if you do falcos fast enough you can perform his dash attack into quick upsmash without the need of a buffer

Wolf's can catch people off guard once in a while
Sheiks's can be done out of a grab
Snake's is easy and very useful
Falco's is used for damage racking

Last edited:
It's an extra option, always good t' have. Wolf ain't too good on approach options as is after all. It just ain't too practical to use it if the stage isn't somethin' like FD. ... Well that, or when you're B-air WOPing and want to suddenly charge in. I ain't one to spam B-air for spacing, but on the rare occasion I do a well-timed DACUS definitely does catch some players off guard.

Using it effectively. It ain't DACUS as an AT overall that can be difficult to apply, that ain't true so long as Snake is legal. :lol: It's individual DACUS'.

Back