The Fireworks thread

Danger and only being useful on one day of the year.

I like looking at them, sure, but they get boring. There's so many people abusing them, even with fireworks you basially have to wear a welding helmet now. Interesting idea. ;)

Yeah wtf is up with that. I've never met anyone even remotely opposed to them yet they are illegal in many places.

Anyone seen the episode of southpark where they make the giant snake since they can't have fireworks for the fourth of july show? Fckin hillarious.

I dunno. The greatest time I ever had was just a few days ago when my asian friend invited me to Chinese New Year. Now the Chinese know how to put on a firework show

Yeah wtf is up with that. I've never met anyone even remotely opposed to them yet they are illegal in many places.

Anyone seen the episode of southpark where they make the giant snake since they can't have fireworks for the fourth of july show? Fckin hillarious.

And that, is why they are dangerous! Even though I've never had a snake, especially one that would grow up at 1000ft tall.

Danger and only being useful on one day of the year.

I like looking at them, sure, but they get boring. There's so many people abusing them, even with fireworks you basially have to wear a welding helmet now. Interesting idea. ;)

LOL! Safety freak.

You don't need any protection at all when using fireworks.
In fact, it's more fun when you are reckless with them.

I think the ban should be lifted in Georgia, because it's a pointless ban. Thousands of people trek to the surrounding states to illegally buy fireworks (including myself) and nothing is done about it. Why not just lift the ban?

How many people do you know have been injured?

My family owned a store a few years back, and they always closed it in fear that fireworks would happen again. My father had just stepped out in the back and then there came a firework. God knows what would have happened if he was actually in there, or any of the kids.

I've witnessed a lot of fireworks being shot off in random directions, random meaning horizontally. With thousands of people and children going to displays, this is going to be awful. No doubt, I'd want to take my kids to displays to see the pretty colors, but I'm going to be scared out of my wits trying to protect them. Maybe I could just shoot the fireworks.

Personal experience is nothing to go by in a good "debate".

I hope you all realize that I'm mostly for fireworks. I just used that as a comparison in the gun ban thread. They're only commonly used on one day a year, pretty doubtful for guns. Unless you want to introduce the art of creating a fireworks display in the Olympics, then they're fine for one day a year.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I remember now. You know those little metal caps that have the little rockets that make them spin up in the air? I got slugged in the face with one of those when I was little :lol:

My family owned a store a few years back, and they always closed it in fear that fireworks would happen again. My father had just stepped out in the back and then there came a firework. God knows what would have happened if he was actually in there, or any of the kids.

I've witnessed a lot of fireworks being shot off in random directions, random meaning horizontally. With thousands of people and children going to displays, this is going to be awful. No doubt, I'd want to take my kids to displays to see the pretty colors, but I'm going to be scared out of my wits trying to protect them. Maybe I could just shoot the fireworks.

Actually, anecdotes are what we base our opinions on. 9-11 happened so now you think every plane you're on will be hijacked even though thousands of flights happen every day. Your father almost got hit, so now you think they should be banned. I haven't met anyone who has been injured, so I think they're okay. A rape victim would say they'd shoot a rapist if they had the opportunity. Etc.

I don't mind the banning of large fireworks, roman candles and the like. But seriously, firecrackers, bottle rockets, and sparklers? D:

I hope you all realize that I'm mostly for fireworks. I just used that as a comparison in the gun ban thread. They're only commonly used on one day a year, pretty doubtful for guns. Unless you want to introduce the art of creating a fireworks display in the Olympics, then they're fine for one day a year.

Ever heard of a ****** chaser? ('scuse the term, I don't know what else they're called xD) Dead fun to play with, you don't know which way they'll go before they shoot off. I've been hit by one, and yeah, it hurt, but that's what's fun about it. xD
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body", no?

Actually, anecdotes are what we base our opinions on. 9-11 happened so now you think every plane you're on will be hijacked even though thousands of flights happen every day. Your father almost got hit, so now you think they should be banned. I haven't met anyone who has been injured, so I think they're okay. A rape victim would say they'd shoot a rapist if they had the opportunity. Etc.

I don't mind the banning of large fireworks, roman candles and the like. But seriously, firecrackers, bottle rockets, and sparklers? D:

No. I don't oppose fireworks, man! Things that can be shot (coincidental, I swear) shouldn't be available to the public.

And I swear I said that opinions can change based on personal experience in that thread too. :p

Last edited:
No. I don't oppose fireworks, man! Things that can be shot (coincidental, I swear) shouldn't be available to the public.

You're the kinda guy who always wipes his seat before he sits in it huh? You worry too much man.

You're the kinda guy who always wipes his seat before he sits in it huh? You worry too much man.

Quite the contrary.

You're the kinda guy who smokes and drinks? Let's see how that turns out for you. ;)

Back