The National Football League Thread

lbu8

O'Doyle Rules
Oct 2, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
This is just one thread that we can use for year round football discusion, instead of making a new one every year. I'm tired of nfl coming up under "these words were too short to search" so I typed out The National Football League.

So, the superbowl is coming up in tampa...who is everyone picking?

yeah, that least they can say the super bowl was played at their stadium

Ill take the Cardinals in a upset. Either way looking to be a great game.

One of the top offenses versus the best defense in all of football. I'm anxious to see what the Steelers' have planned for Fitzgerald, he's a beast. I'm hoping for a Steeler win, and also am thinking they will win, though it won't be easy against that very potent Cardinal offense. What is that famous saying? Oh yes, defense wins championships. Only time will tell if that really is the case.

I don't think that the Cardinals have it. The Steelers stellar defense, I think, has more than enough ability to contain every aspect of the Cardinals offense, and Big Ben is a magician on offense. If the Steelers D does their stuff and Roethlesbergr plays like he has been, they shouldn't have a problem winning this game.

I'm anxious to see what the Steelers' have planned for Fitzgerald, he's a beast. .

Uh the only thing they can do is Double Team him. Thats what they will have to do.

That opens up Boldin and Breaston . So its on them . Also allows for Hightower/James/Arrington more room to run. But im looking at someone like Pope to have a good game. Could be a good target for Warner.

But the Matchup that matters in this game is not the Cards offense vs the Steelers defense. Its the Steelers offense vs the Cards defense. If the Cards stay the best playoff defense then ill take them.

Last year I said the same about the Giants was on there defense and they shined.

But either way its going to be a good game I hope.

I have my suspicions about the Cardinals defense, they haven't really impressed me yet. Steeler's offense has potential, but Roethlisberger will have to get rid of the ball, and not hang onto the ball for stupid lengths of time, and they need to give the ball to Parker and Moore.

As for the Steelers having to worry about James, Hightower, and Arrington, I'm thinking you're underestimating their overall defense. Of course they haven't had to face very many quarterbacks as effective as Warner, with as many weapons. I'm pretty sure we are in store for some fireworks.

I have my suspicions about the Cardinals defense, they haven't really impressed me yet. Steeler's offense has potential, but Roethlisberger will have to get rid of the ball, and not hang onto the ball for stupid lengths of time, and they need to give the ball to Parker and Moore.

As for the Steelers having to worry about James, Hightower, and Arrington, I'm thinking you're underestimating their overall defense. Of course they haven't had to face very many quarterbacks as effective as Warner, with as many weapons. I'm pretty sure we are in store for some fireworks.

I am worried about Fitzgerald, but I have always thought a great wide reciever can be kept in check if the defense tries hard enough. As someone said this opens Bolden and Breaston, along with Pope and James for the short stuff. The Steelers linebackers can be beat by athletic tightends and teams have taken advantage of this in the past. The Cards could spread the Steelers out to help identify blitzers. I don't see the Steelers getting much preasure on Warner because he wants to get rid of the ball so quick.

However this game is going to be desided on the other side of the ball. If the Pittsburgh offense can either run the ball(I doubt it) or if Roethlisberger plays well and mistake free, they can take control of the game. I think Arizona's run d will be able to stop Parker and the weak offensive line, but Ben will have a good day throwing the football.

I'm predicting a Steelers win 20-13 with Roethlisberger as MVP.

Getting off the superbowl subject, as most of you know L.T. and GM AJ Smith have been going back and forth and then today he supposedly called L.T. and attempted to patch things up. Who knows...

Also I don't have any details yet, but I read something on San Diego's Union Tribune website that they are pushing for wealthy investors in the Los Angeles/Orange County areas, which has caused speculation that the team will be moving north.

Back