The NBA Thread

ahh i wasnt impressed by the birthday cake one...but i was impressed when he didnt it between the legs with no shoes on...that floor is extremely slippery...but Dwight Howard def deserved to win that. ALL his dunks were just great and me and my boys jumpin with every dunk he did.

Well you should think about the awareness and athelticism it takes to conciously blow out that candle, then dunk the ball in the same split second.

wat awareness? the cupcake was on the back of the rim, in the same spot as where he was goin to dunk in the first place. all u really need for that dunk is air time. other then that im stickin to it didnt impress me.

To each their own, I was overall impressed by the entire competition, I'd like to see Lebron do the dunk contest in the future, but I doubt that will happen. Like you said it's very slippery and the dunk in his socks was impressive too, thing is he really didn't do anything new in the final round so that's why he didn't win.

yea i agree he should have done a different dunk in the final round....Yea i would love to see Lebron also but its highly unlikely the cavs will ever let him enter. due to the fact he could get hurt....but it looks like the east took the all star game again this year.

Even though the West lost the allstar game who do you think was the MVP for the west?
I say Chris Paul.

Yea, he played very well, Lebron and Howard were showboating for most of the game, they're lucky the East won.

The eight-time All-Star point guard returns to the franchise of his NBA birth after the eight-player deal with New Jersey was finally consummated Tuesday morning. After six days of twists and turns, the Mavs dealt Devin Harris, Gana Diop, Trenton Hassell, Moe Ager, Keith Van Horn, a pair of draft picks and cash to acquire Kidd, Malik Allen and Antoine Wright from New Jersey.
Source: NBA.com

Quite a few no namers, and a has-been in a deal that should help the Mavs now and the Nets later. I dunno how I feel on this one.

Paul Gasol= a 7-footer from memphis averaging 19 points and 9 rebounds is being traded to L.A Lakers to join Kobe Bryant. In exchange for Kwame Brown and rookie point guard Javaris Crittenton to Memphis in the trade along with two future No. 1 picks. I honestly think this is the break Kobe needs because even though he is overall the best player in NBA IMO, he cant take a team to the finals by himself so i think this is great trade for the team.

It was a great move for the Lakers, but there are too many good teams in the west for the Lakers to even make it to the western conference finals (IMO). They're the 3rd or 4th best team in the west.

Lakers (Kobe, and Gasol) played well and beat the Suns, though I was impressed at the level of intensity Shaq played at. His overall numbers weren't too impressive, but his presence was definitely felt at both ends. When he gets implemented more into the offense should make for a deadly situation in the paint.

I'm gonna miss Kidd, but when I heard the news that he was going to Dallas, I couldn't wait to see Marcus Williams start & last night's game (so far at least) was worth the wait seeing him drop 25 points...

oh god, how did i not know this thread existed. shame on me!!

well, kidds game with the mavs was a horrible start he had 6 turnovers did he not?

Back