The official conduit thread - the sequel

Hey, I didn't know Sovieto worked for Gamepro?:wtf:

I don't know if I'd be clever enough to create a review like that just to laugh at all the raging nerds who flock to bash it because I was a bit bored around the office.

I think the game is great, but in the scheme of things its just another generic FPS.It does nothing great but its solid and has great framerateIt is what it is at the end of the day. It just happens to be on the wii which doesn't have as many as say PS3 or 360. Good game though.

yeah, love the graphics, but the enviroments could still use some better textures. and it was dissapointed that there was no sprint.
just one speed.

so I was looking at the wii speak options in the conduit, and there was something about headphones. Anyone care to explain?

er, i don't think the review was TOO far-fetched...the game did prove to be somewhat of a letdown for me. graphics were definitely overhyped to say the least, and the online play seems lackluster when compared to world at war, which wasn't phenomenal to begin with.

Has anyone's Wii frozen while playing the Conduit? Mine has twice so far; once while playing the missions and once while returning to the lobby after an online match. By freezing, I mean the screen is stuck on one image and a high-pitched sound is emitted.

Has anyone's Wii frozen while playing the Conduit? Mine has twice so far; once while playing the missions and once while returning to the lobby after an online match. By freezing, I mean the screen is stuck on one image and a high-pitched sound is emitted.
2x online for me.

so I was looking at the wii speak options in the conduit, and there was something about headphones. Anyone care to explain?

It's probably just referring to regular headphones that you use to hear with, not a headset that can also be used to speak into.

I'm still confused... Why is that option there at all ?

I think because WiiSpeak is set to ignore the sound from your own TV...that's why it says not to change your volume while using WiiSpeak. If you use headphones, there's no sound from your own TV, so WiiSpeak needs to know not to expect any. It's probably something like that.

I think because WiiSpeak is set to ignore the sound from your own TV...that's why it says not to change your volume while using WiiSpeak. If you use headphones, there's no sound from your own TV, so WiiSpeak needs to know not to expect any. It's probably something like that.

Still confused.... Headphones.... There's something I don't know here. Is it possible to plug headphones into the wii speak/wii somehow? If not, why is there an option for it....?

And in my experience, I don't think it does ignore the sound from the tv, because I was able to hear other people dying and their countdowns and other stuff(I think anyways...)

I've found that [Turn while cursor offscreen] set to ON in the controller section seems to smooth the gameplay when using the Wii Zapper. Default when you get the game, this is set to off. Seems smoother to me now while playing. My only real complaints now are no sprint and no weapon choosing.

Does anyone know what good ranking up does for you online?

Still confused.... Headphones.... There's something I don't know here. Is it possible to plug headphones into the wii speak/wii somehow? If not, why is there an option for it....?

And in my experience, I don't think it does ignore the sound from the tv, because I was able to hear other people dying and their countdowns and other stuff(I think anyways...)

I think the headphones option is for when you plug headphones into your TV.

And maybe I'm wrong about how WiiSpeak works, because I've also heard myself speaking from the other person's WiiSpeak. And yes, my Echo option is off.

And vchizzle, I've no evidence that ranking up is for anything other than bragging rights, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I think the headphones option is for when you plug headphones into your TV.

And maybe I'm wrong about how WiiSpeak works, because I've also heard myself speaking from the other person's WiiSpeak. And yes, my Echo option is off.

And vchizzle, I've no evidence that ranking up is for anything other than bragging rights, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Right, tv's nowadays must have headphone jacks. I have an old ass tv, so that didn't even come to mind. I think that about clears it up. And I hope you're wrong about the incredibly vague ranks. I mean, answer me this: what rank are you?

Back