The official conduit thread - the sequel

it was my understanding that it had been confirmed. I guess they could just take it out like they did motion plus. That would drop the value of the game IMO though.

I did buy wii speak just for that. but animal crossing is a lot more fun that i thought it would be.

New trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46432.html

Yes, it is confirmed that WiiSpeak is supported.

It's been a while since we've seen anything out of High Voltage's little-shooter-that-could, The Conduit -- a problem that was expediently rectified on last night's episode of GameTrailers TV. In addition to the revelation that the game won't support Wii MotionPlus but will allow users to chat via Wii Speak, the latest trailer for the shooter, titled "Conspiracy," was aired.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/07/the-conduit-to-use-wii-speak-new-trailer-sizzles-with-conspira/

Having not really, up until now, been particularly bothered either way about Conduit I'm starting to get a little bit excited!

Just thought I'd pre-register my interest in the game on the thread ;)

yeah just watched that video with eric in it, talking about how we should support the game. How freaking foolish of developers to think that people would only want to play bowling games on their wii!!
-edit-
my brother has a 360. He got it cause he couldn't find a wii.

Here's a whole article about why they removed MotionPlus:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173179

"However when we actually implemented it for the Conduit, it didn't really add anything for our primarily ranged combat. We had hoped that it would allow for better off screen IR tracking, but the device seems to lend itself more naturally for hand to hand combat where the player can calibrate in-between bouts. And that just doesn't feel like an optimal fit for how we had designed our moment to moment gameplay."

High Voltage went as far as prototyping several melee weapons specifically designed to take full advantage of MotionPlus but ultimately scrapped them. Nofsinger believed the weapons showed "promise" but without enough time to make them really work before the game's June ship date, they were removed.

ahh i see. Too bad they didn't have enough time to get an enjoyable melee mode in the game. I think there needs to be a FPS(word) game or a chance for those star wars game devs to redeem themselves on the wii.

ahh i see. Too bad they didn't have enough time to get an enjoyable melee mode in the game. I think there needs to be a FPS(word) game or a chance for those star wars game devs to redeem themselves on the wii.

See people, this is why delays are good. To me this is OLD news. I knew this the whole time not because I'm psychic or trying to show off but simply because it makes sense. Why can't people understand that? Instead we want to rush a game because we can't wait.

See people, this is why delays are good. To me this is OLD news. I knew this the whole time not because I'm psychic or trying to show off but simply because it makes sense. Why can't people understand that? Instead we want to rush a game because we can't wait.

I could wait, I've been waiting eagerly since that first demo trailer of the technology they would be using in this game. Them showing true dedication is what made me willing to wait this long.

Besides there's no idea when Wii Sports Resort or Motion Plus will hit, which is disappointing for some developers and games.

Anyways I still hope this game is released in June.

yeah i'd like to see it in june, but if a later date makes it better, i'm all for it.

Yeah, if they can solidly increase the game in general, take as much time as needed. Either way I will be counting down till it comes out!

I could wait, I've been waiting eagerly since that first demo trailer of the technology they would be using in this game. Them showing true dedication is what made me willing to wait this long.

Besides there's no idea when Wii Sports Resort or Motion Plus will hit, which is disappointing for some developers and games.

Anyways I still hope this game is released in June.

Nice. I just hate how the same people who post "NINTENDO RELEASE THIS GAME ALREADYY!!!!!!!!!" are the same heads who turn around and say "Man they could have took more time perfecting the controls." or "Why didn't they spend more time making the single player longer??????"

The thing with The Conduit is that once it found a publisher(Sega) it was put on a tight release schedule. This happens to all games unfortunately. The developer no longer has control of the release date.
Check out movie games for example. The game has to coincide with the release of the film regardless if it's done or not. That's how you get these really sloppy movie games.

Ok so I think that the box art that everyone has been seeing is the actual one... You know that really boring one with basically just the title on a black background. In the new trailer on ign they have that box art in it... Why else would SEGA have put that in there unless it was the official one?

it's not bad.
it doesn't have to be all extravegant.
hmm. sega's website still says that it will be using motion plus. Hmmm what a tease. :/.
I saw the tennis and tiger woods videos on IGN today too. makes me excited again.

Last edited:
Oh I never said it was bad, just boring... I mean they could have atleast put The All Seeing Eye one there (The actual one like the one on the US bills, not the gadget in the game) it's kind of become a logo for the game.

Back