The official conduit thread - the sequel

yeah,
I'm still trying to figure out why the game is named "The Conduit" too.

1. The 'portals' which the aliens come through into our world (the ones that we have to destroy to stop the influx of aliens in the levels) are called 'conduits' in the game.

2. "The Conduit" could refer to the means in which the aliens have infiltrated and taken control of our governmental/authoritative infrastructures for the purpose of domination of our world. In which case the entire plot of the game is for us to discover what this conduit is and how we will go about severing it to stop the aliens from taking over. This is just out of speculation on my part of course.

Ok so I think that the box art that everyone has been seeing is the actual one... You know that really boring one with basically just the title on a black background. In the new trailer on ign they have that box art in it... Why else would SEGA have put that in there unless it was the official one?

The game releases in June according to many sites, and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed.

June would be great, because that would make the Summer even better. I can wait though a bit longer if it really helps things.

1. The 'portals' which the aliens come through into our world (the ones that we have to destroy to stop the influx of aliens in the levels) are called 'conduits' in the game.

2. "The Conduit" could refer to the means in which the aliens have infiltrated and taken control of our governmental/authoritative infrastructures for the purpose of domination of our world. In which case the entire plot of the game is for us to discover what this conduit is and how we will go about severing it to stop the aliens from taking over. This is just out of speculation on my part of course.

I wish i'd never asked now, that was kinda like a spoiler! :lol:
thanks though

I wish i'd never asked now, that was kinda like a spoiler! :lol:
thanks though

Well, not really. It is just me guessing mostly. Point 1 is accurate. Information about about some kind of government conspiracy has of course been confirmed, as well as military being under some kind of alien control.

Yeah, but what I don't get is why they named the enemy the covenant... doesn't that just mean like an agreement...

Supposedly pretty good, we haven't seen much information on it and we've seen no gameplay videos at all... 16 players, wii speak, I think I heard about a lobby system (correct me if I'm wrong)

great interviews and images. I just wish some extra video would have come with it!!
would like to see some more realistic textures in the more subtle parts of the environments. Like the wall with the hole blown in it in that interview's pics. The textures there are beautiful, but the debris just looks...grey. Like its straight out of the 3D engine with no texture applied. I'm sure they've got lots more work to do, and it doesn't look bad, but it reminds me of the old SNES game, "Out of This World". :lol:

Ha I like agent Fords new style of head gear. We brought this up before a while ago, but we've seen clips where he is wearing a tux, and some with a supersuit. What do you guys think the new high-tech suit will give us? New abilities? More health?

I thought the headgear was an upgrade to his supersuit. looks good though. (Bionic hearing and Digital HUD in the galsses?)
P.S.
WOOT! just bought a 32" 1080p TV just for the conduit!!(it's only gonna be 480p, I know). I wanted a 42" initially, but i couldn't justify all of the sapce that'd take up in my apt.

Just for The Conduit? Isn't that a bit extreme?

Tht's what hardcore gamers do! I remember buying stuff just for Resident Evil 4. haha.

... I was just looking at some of the screens for The Conduit and I'm hoping this game has anti-aliasing because judging by some of the screens it seems like it doesn't.

Last edited:
Caliko... it says you're casual up in your motto thing under your name... haha no I'm just kidding. I don't know what anti-aliasing is... care to explain?

Back