This game is to long

took me 37 hours. bosses were too easy, but every now and then a puzzle was interesting and kept me playing. first 15 hours WERE boring but then the story picked up. the artistic design had me stopping and jsut looking around admiring it. other parts, not so much. but the sacred grove, the statue puzzle and the entrance to the temple or time... very very impressive. not as nostalgic as OoT, but still great. just wish some bosses were harder. and wish some enemies were harder. there werent any enemies that I tried to avoid fighting because I was afraid they would kill me. should have been some huge deadly enemies that actually made to avoid them altogether. but still, loved it. way too easy tho.

alot of conceptions of zelda have me slightly frustrated because people try to evaluate pieces of the game individually and critic them, but zelda is made in such a way that doing so does not give it total justice

as is with something like a final fantasy game or some other epic adventure, when playing a Zelda game you are meant to take the experience for what it is all-together...not what you think of the placement of that one chest in that one dungeon in that one room by that one wall...doing so eliminates the idea of an ADVENTURE-esque game. as is with MOST video games, every aspect is not perfect by the standards of which people evaluate it.

expectations were high and opinions were definately bloated due to the fact that, well its zelda, its near impossible to look at near any LoZ game in a negative light (save zelda 2, it has its fair share of critics), but that does not mean it isnt a good a game

some of the bosses may have been easier than expected...(*cough* the seconds boss *cough*) but so what? once again adventure games are meant to be played as an overall and epic experience...you are meant to enjoy the game and the 40+ hours u invested. once you complete it, you will appreciate the beautiful tale that was created geniusely. and besides, zelda is not really KNOWN for its difficulty, especially after it went 3d. i mean look at the final battle in OoT (a tennis match? o plz) and with ganon in WW (just parry repeatedly and your golden) atleast this one actually makes it feel EPIC

for most of you, i think, before you criticize a game of this caliber in a series this prolific...atleast finish it...come on

metalfreak... that was a very long post. And, ganondorf was easy. He died practically the same way he did in Wind Waker. Anyways... I thought this was the hardest boss thread... But the game was a blur for me...

LinksDarkSide said:
metalfreak... that was a very long post. And, ganondorf was easy. He died practically the same way he did in Wind Waker. Anyways... I thought this was the hardest boss thread... But the game was a blur for me...

1. yeah it was pretty long im sorry, it got repetitive probably

2. i never said the final boss was hard just that it was overall EPIC feeling

3. the way he died is irrelevant to how the overall battle went down and no your wrong...in ww he turned to stone with the master sword in his head in the tp he got stabbed in the glowing seam down his stomach and went silent...similar but not the same

4. this game was originally about the game being too long, my post was to indicate that when a game like zelda is just that good its alright

5. how was it a blur? did u think it was too easy? too short? im confused

PS - i like giving long posts

Well, he got stabbed in the head. Same death. I like writing long posts too sometimes, but I like to think of the other's brains. It was a long game, so that's how it was a blur. The epic-ness is amazing in this game, but some of it was easy. The difficulty varies from dundeon to dungeon. And Ganondorf never dies, he's just defeated in a cruel way. He always has the Triforce of power, and that's how he keeps going.

PS: I like pie.

Well I liked it a lot!!!! I did get stuck on the water temple for a bit jus like OoT...lt was truly an amazing game and it wasn't short.....I beat the game in 37 hours and I have now got everything in the game....which makes me have 118 hours of gameplay.....I always play it.....jus because u beat a game doesn't mean u can't still enjoy it....,I love to fight the lizard men or watever they are.....the ones located north of hyrule....It is a great game and that is that

LinksDarkSide said:
Well, he got stabbed in the head. Same death. I like writing long posts too sometimes, but I like to think of the other's brains. It was a long game, so that's how it was a blur. The epic-ness is amazing in this game, but some of it was easy. The difficulty varies from dundeon to dungeon. And Ganondorf never dies, he's just defeated in a cruel way. He always has the Triforce of power, and that's how he keeps going.

PS: I like pie.

i wish nintendo or shigeru or somebody/something would issue an official timeline along with a detailed explanation of events

IGN did a speculatative one but it was done before TP and PH were released, its pretty interesting and neat

i wish instead of banishing him to the sacred realm they could like send Link in with him and kill him there, maybe that would do it? lol i duno but i doubt ganondorf would ever die in a game

question: what's guna happen when miyamoto dies? (this applies not only to zelda but to everything first party created by nintendo, namely zelda and mario)

i know capcom helped on some games like Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Time and they were cool...but wat will nintendo do? hmm...

I actually like the length of the game, I want long games so it can last longer. Even though I got the game last year I still have not finished it because the first wii I got lost all the memory and the files got corrupted, causing it to be sent in losing EVERYTHING. The second wii I got was constantly freezing, had to spend it in again and lost all my memory again. The third wii is perfect and knock on wood nothing will happen again. Anyways I still didn't get to finish it and I am hoping I can soon because I wanna see the ending.

Who kno's....I don't think shiggy would want zelda and mario to end when he passes....he will want other generations to play them.....He will probably tell sumone what inspired him to create mario and zelda and hope they have new Ideas

jinglejangle said:
People constantly complain and nitpick about Twilight Princess for two simple reasons (Two very stupid, simple reasons)

1. They raised their expectations way way too high.

2. They can't see past their stupid nostalgia for Ocarina Of Time and recognise TP for what it is ; A well-crafted, wonderful adventure and a fantastic addition to the Zelda series.

It also makes me laugh that everyone was begging for a game in exactly the same vein as Ocarina Of Time, got it, then complained about it being stuck in the past. :lol:

You're so right, nostalgia is stupid, and OoT is a crappy, bite-sized Twilight Princess.

And for anyone who rushed through the game, you're missing out. My game clocked out at 110 hours, and I loved every second of it.

Dont worry you will get through it intill this happens...
zeldademo28ha.gif

GanNeOn said:
Dont worry you will get through it intill this happens...
zeldademo28ha.gif

lol i remember that video and speculation surrounding the gamecube...i never realized but the final fight in TP is fairly similar to that...hmm

Personally I thought it was a little too short.
And a bit too easy.
Beat it in 78 hours and got everything.

Back