Tired of disconnectors

I just named that off the top of my head for an idea.

A consequence like not being able to use Wi-Fi for 30 Days maybe? Or you get 3 warnings then you are banned?

Sorry, didn;t mean to come accross rude!!

It would cause more problems than solve thought I think! But now Nintendo have recognised that there are probles with the connection to the internet and have tried to fix it you never know!

Maybe it should be written into the scrip in the games when onoine not being able to disconnect! I dont think you can pause a game whilst playing online can you? That has to be a script... Make one for disconnecting!

SIMPLE!!

if youre playing online its just no fun if people disconnect. it takes the fun and tension stuff like that out of the game.

Madden online lets you continue playing against the CPU when the connection is lost. It's a decent solution.

Evolve82 said:
Maybe it should be written into the scrip in the games when onoine not being able to disconnect! I dont think you can pause a game whilst playing online can you? That has to be a script... Make one for disconnecting!

SIMPLE!!
something could be done where you rate the user's profile, if he's a quitter rate him lower so he gets paired with the other disconnectors. only problem are the sore losers who may rate them low because they lost, although chances are that they would have diconnected already. i think that would be a good idea, too late for strikers but ,maybe the next online game like brawl or mario kart.

a simple solution

First off, I think the best and easiest solution is to just give the points for a victory to the person who didn't d/c regardless of score. If your connection is that bad where you d/c all the time, then don't play. I mean I wouldn't care if a person d/c if I get the points for a victory plus the number of goals that I had.

Can't nintendo update the game via our wi-fi connection. I mean I thought another game had an update as soon as you tried to play it, maybe super paper mario, I don't quite remember which one it was.

It is kind of funny how people quit a lot considering you aren't penalized for losing. Sure your record looks not as good but hey, who cares...

It drives me mad too. We all have bad games and get frustrated but disconnecting because of it is just wrong. The other day I don't think I finished a single series all morning!!!

We will see what happen in the new games that are comming out... Nintendo have to do something!! Not sure bout updating the game via connect 24. Will be interesting to hear opinions on this!

i dont think you can really update a game that way. You couldn't change the information on the disk. The only way to update games via the wiiconnect would be if the games were "installed" on the wii hard drive itself (which they aren't)

If only nintendo would create a lobby system where you could choose who to play based on their rank and other information, but oh well

penguinphil said:
If only nintendo would create a lobby system where you could choose who to play based on their rank and other information, but oh well

That is a very very very good idea!! Why dont they do that? and also combine it with the rating system mentioned earlier!!

Perfect answer?!

My friend has MSC also and we played online for the first time yesterday. We were winning but then we got disconnected. We found out that the problem wasn't them but actually that my friend just had a crappy wi-fi. I guess some people have interference between the Wii and the Wireless router and have crappy connections. He's going to get a Lan Adaptor this weekend. So i guess what i'm trying to say is that sometimes people have crappy wi-fi connections that get blocked either through electronic devices between the wii and the wireless or something, not all disconnectors are ragers. Some just have crappy connections.

it's a very involved thing to make. (not that nintendo doesn't have the capabilities) I could see it working much like how MSN games used to be or how pogo/yahoo is set up. This way you don't end up having someone on the top 10 leaderboard playing someone who just put the game in for the first time.

Back