Told you nexgenwars was crud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the VGcharts the software from 94-04 and nintendo totally had the most games there....mario kart 64 totally outsold halo2.

Ok
1) You can estimate by figuring out how many have sold month to month how many will sell every min....
2) the "code" he showed seems to do nothing...in fact if you goto update_dat2.php?x=10000 it will show you the same thing as even if you change X = 100
3) It is an estimation and probably gets updated as the monthly figures come out

VGcharts dont show monthly stats, and so they are less useful.

i wont believe anything thats not offical i love it how reporters and idiots on forums (none of you) talk about how Halo 2 is the highest selling game of all time
because i am 99.99% sure it was not... I'm not going to say what is the highest selling game of all time but i am pretty sure its a Nintendo game which stars a plumber in red overalls but who knows.

btw VGcharts is used by IGN just wanted to point that out. :)

I wonder why he says this at the bottom of his page:

NexGen Wars.com has spent countless hours researching sales facts from dozens of sources to track the worldwide sales of the consoles and monitor the next generation of console wars between the Microsoft Xbox 360, the Sony Playstation 3, and the Nintendo Wii. Remember, these numbers are only estimates, but they are constantly monitored and updated to assure the closest estimates possible for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii.

Maybe its because he knows his numbers aren't exactly correct and changes them when actual numbers come out if his estimates are off?

matguy87 said:
I wonder why he says this at the bottom of his page:

NexGen Wars.com has spent countless hours researching sales facts from dozens of sources to track the worldwide sales of the consoles and monitor the next generation of console wars between the Microsoft Xbox 360, the Sony Playstation 3, and the Nintendo Wii. Remember, these numbers are only estimates, but they are constantly monitored and updated to assure the closest estimates possible for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii.

Maybe its because he knows his numbers aren't exactly correct and changes them when actual numbers come out if his estimates are off?

Wold you go out and say. Hey i have these as close to acurate sales charts, except not really i just steal them from wiki and nexgen wars and you can refresh to change the numbers to your feel. Thanks for using my site! have a nice day... I think not. -_-

The close to exact sales figures last month were 11 million 360, 6 million Wii, 3 million PS3. These sales have changed since then. If you want exact sales figures, go to sites like Gamespot and just look at their monthly sales figures. Don't rely on sites that don't get the sales figures directly from the sources.

sagema said:
The close to exact sales figures last month were 11 million 360, 6 million Wii, 3 million PS3. These sales have changed since then. If you want exact sales figures, go to sites like Gamespot and just look at their monthly sales figures. Don't rely on sites that don't get the sales figures directly from the sources.

I use VGcharts "gamestop" is used in their sales charts. They are actually a company working with IGN to put up those charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back