Top 5 reasons SSBB may suck

Skorp said:
His points on online stuff are worth noting, but its a little far to say the game will suck cause of that. For me his points are rather poignant though cause my friends are spread out and I'll most likely be playing online mostly. I'm still debating getting the game.

whats 2 debate, ssbb is the game that every wii owner will have and that every wii owner will NEED. Also some people that dont have a wii will get one just 4 this game.

Sovieto said:
a couple are good reasons, but not game-breakers.
yea pretty much

this article should be renamed "The bad things in the godly game, SSBB"

that title is so awkward *Shrugs*

no online ranks? the big problem with random games and no ranks is that some people might start to decide that if they arent winning 1/3 into a match theyll leave with nothing to lose and join another one possibly ruining that one also.

no voice chat? i think thats a GOOD thing. id rather be playing the game then talking and playing.

online problems? thats gonna be a wait and see.

3 guys having the same FS? wtf were they thinking that made this important enough to list. its stupid enough to mention but how much are people going to be using FSs anyways...

button mashing? if they find me one pro button masher for any game ill give them props. LOL

EDIT: besides #1 i could do a better top 5.

Last edited:
stupid reasons.

5) button masher? wth? I've seen button mashers play this game and they fall quicker than lead. The beauty about this game is finding a balance between all the moves of the character, and sure, some stages deal quite a beating, but that's why we have some like final destination and the stage editor.

4) yea...because a lot of people NEVER used the clones...and Wolf is soo similar to the other two. But wait, what really makes it worse...they have the same FSA!!! *runs to nuclear shelter*...oh yea, I'm being sarcastic.

3) This is the only good one, imo...it's Nintendo, and if your connection is not up to date, expect delays. But it's not like the game revolves around wi-fi...there's so many more things to do it's ridiculous. And there's such a thing as playing with friends in the same room!!!!

2) What is so much fun about hearing a 30 year-old fatso with no life tell me I suck in life because he KO'd me? another thing: of those who have played pokemon pearl/diamond wi-fi, you'll know most battles had voice chat disabled, because people just don't want to hear your commentary. It's about playing, not making yourself feel better by bashing.

1) BS. There's no fun in being the best player in your community to later see you're at ranking 3478 because you actually have a life and do something besides playing....and if there was a ranking system...wouldn't americans be already screwed by the fact Japan has it already? it'd be a hopeless case, getting to #1...and that person at #1 would stop sleeping to make sure not to lose the rank. It's like turning a wonderful game into a high school by adding excessive competition.

Plus, Sakurai is intelligent...why add all that online ranking crap and complicate life, when players are going to do it themselves? people organize tournaments themselves, people thus rank themselves, so there's no need to waste budget to have an online ranking system.

Those are my reasons why whoever wrote that article is full of s***. I'd like to see him when he gets the game.

edit: I just noticed my numbering was messed up...whoops

Last edited:
anax4aero said:
1) BS. There's no fun in being the best player in your community to later see you're at ranking 3478 because you actually have a life and do something besides playing....and if there was a ranking system...wouldn't americans be already screwed by the fact Japan has it already? it'd be a hopeless case, getting to #1...and that person at #1 would stop sleeping to make sure not to lose the rank. It's like turning a wonderful game into a high school by adding excessive competition.

well whos to say we arent limited to our region for online games. it could be to the average players advantage so that when playing random games you get people around your rank rather then someone who might wipe the floor with you.

There is little to no reason why this game should do badly.

Even those whom aren't very good at the core game can enjoy the mini games (Break the Target, or Home Run Contest). Or they can observe other people's matches and learn some new strategies.
(I plan on spending quite a bit of time watching random matches and analyzing new ways to play..I think spectator mode was on of the best inclusions they could ever give us)

There is a lot of buzz about this game, just like there was about halo 3. Sure you hear a lot of flack about it, the open ended ending, the quirks with the improvisations from halo 2, etc. But the shortcomings be what they may, the game is still and will continue to be one of the most played games on XBL for a LONG time.
So even a game picked apart by critics, and bashed repeatedly in the face with a cinder block, due to not meeting the impossible hype; can still be a success, as long as it's fun.

Last edited:
Lugia said:
well whos to say we arent limited to our region for online games. it could be to the average players advantage so that when playing random games you get people around your rank rather then someone who might wipe the floor with you.

I could see it working if it wasn't exactly online ranking, but more of a system like Mario Kart's, where you could play against "rivals" and it pitted you against people with your same level of wins/loses.

Still, read that last thing I said...in the end, the gaming communities will do their own rankings, and chances are more people will play through friend codes than in "anyone" mode..."anyone" is more for unorganized, random practice/gameplay, cases in which you really wouldn't care about winning or losing.

anax4aero said:
I could see it working if it wasn't exactly online ranking, but more of a system like Mario Kart's, where you could play against "rivals" and it pitted you against people with your same level of wins/loses.

Still, read that last thing I said...in the end, the gaming communities will do their own rankings, and chances are more people will play through friend codes than in "anyone" mode..."anyone" is more for unorganized, random practice/gameplay, cases in which you really wouldn't care about winning or losing.

thats y when SSBB comes out I'm adding every1 on this site with SSBB to my friend list.

~X

Extra Life Mushroom said:
There is little to no reason why this game should do badly.

Even those whom aren't very good at the core game can enjoy the mini games (Break the Target, or Home Run Contest). Or they can observe other matches others and learn some new strategies. (I plan on spending quite a bit of time watching random matches and analyzing new ways to play..I think spectator mode was on of the best inclusions they could ever give us)

There is alot of buzz about this game, just like there was about halo 3. Sure you hear a lot of flack about it, the open ended ending, the quirkes with the improvisations from halo 2, ect. But the shortcomings be what they may, the game is still and will continue to be one of the most played games on XBL for a LONG time.
So even a game picked apart by critics, and bashed repeatedly in the face with a cinder block, due to not meeting the impossible hype; can still be a success, as long as it's fun.

Yeah, Halo 3 had the biggest hype.

Now, who is still playing halo 3 24 hours a day?

With better games like Call Of Duty 4, Mass Effect....

Brawl may have lots of hype too, but some people already have this game, and we already know what their thoughts are on it.

Sakurai himself stated that he wants people to play Brawl for a good long time, which is why he went over the top with the game's options and game modes.

Fact: Brawl will be a GREAT game.

Interesting points but it wont make SSBB suck, some of the things will just hold back SSBB from living up to its possible potential.

Button mashing was one thing I didnt like about Melee. There really was nothing but button mashing the whole time and jumping around. Though it was still fun, it ended up feeling like luck on whoever won.

Some things are gay like, No Voice Chat and No Ranking.

Im also skeptical on how the servers will run because the guy is right. Wii is young in the world of online gaming, something tells me the servers wont be able to handle all the people and lag alot. But I could be wrong.

But even after all that I still think it will be a great game and im still buying it when it comes out.

No doubt it will be one of th, if not THE greatest title released on the Wii.

But the critics that pick over these games, scrutinizing every tiny flaw they find, it's almost as if they don't want anyone to play anything.

I mean holy crap there's no headset for Brawl! I'm going to boycott the game and shortchange myself of an awesome gaming experience because the one aspect isn't to my liking....yeah right.

There is nothing wrong with a competitive online gaming environment that doesn't allow trash talking.

Take CS for example: The servers I play on don't allow mic usage. Anyone using one will be banned. Reason being is the game is full of 10 year olds whom all have four letter vocabularies and think that screaming into their mics every time they die will make things better.
Do you want that to happen to Brawl? Every time you use an advanced technique a kid screams "OMG HAX!!" That is what will happen the minute they include voip support into Brawl. Thousands of preteen fan boys whining how you cheated every time they lose a match. That's not something I;d willingly subject myself to.

Shion said:
Some people really just don't want this game to be good...

Seriously, Sony and Microsoft fanboys are the reason.
as i recall though

nintendo fans were bashing "button mashers" and saying the wiis control is the future. yet its #1 title is a button masher!? hyyyyypooooocccccccrites

thats just someone trying to find flaws in the game. nothing is perfect but even with all those reasons the game would still be great. all of the problems are mostly online stuff. and they developers put alot of time into the adventure mode so i dont see what the problem is.

Back