Trading my Wii for a 360 Elite

pro gamer said:
I am congratulating him.

I know, but there are other people who aren't. I'm just saying it towards those who are trying to say how bad it is.

And yes Dorkfish, those are one of the best games on 360.

manred said:
The way I see it is that nobody should come into this thread dissing on the 360. Bad or not, he's trading his stuff for it. The least we should do is congratulate him and if you are just going to come in to try to change his mind, then you're wasting your time, IMO.
Thanks for your posts mate.

Got a 360?

Dorkfish said:
I love my 360, because of Mass Effect and Oblivion. Without those it would be sold immediately.
You wouldn't even wait for GTA 4?

My Xbox that I had for a good year and a half died about 4 weeks ago. It wasn't the RROD, but some other hardware failure. Of course, warranty wasn't extended for other problems, so they wanted me to pay $100 bucks and send them my Xbox and wait a good month or so until it comes back.

I basically said "Lolno" and now have a dead Xbox in my room that I've got to sell. I would've fixed it, but I'm afraid of it dying on me for good after I have it 'repaired'. I'm gonna try to get a nice gaming computer. All the games that I played on my 360 are on the PC, anywho.

You got a pretty good deal. The whole desktop computer seems like a bit much, though.

VidyaVince said:
My Xbox that I had for a good year and a half died about 4 weeks ago. It wasn't the RROD, but some other hardware failure. Of course, warranty wasn't extended for other problems, so they wanted me to pay $100 bucks and send them my Xbox and wait a good month or so until it comes back.

I basically said "Lolno" and now have a dead Xbox in my room that I've got to sell. I would've fixed it, but I'm afraid of it dying on me for good after I have it 'repaired'. I'm gonna try to get a nice gaming computer. All the games that I played on my 360 are on the PC, anywho.

You got a pretty good deal. The whole desktop computer seems like a bit much, though.
Honestly, the desktop is crap, it has no use to me and takes up space which i don't have.

On a random note I am so excited bout CoD 4 and GTA 4 ><

Silent-Sniper said:
Honestly, the desktop is crap, it has no use to me and takes up space which i don't have.

On a random note I am so excited bout CoD 4 and GTA 4 ><

You'll LOVE Call of Duty 4. I'm willing to put money down on that.

Well, for me (IMO), i would never trade 360 because im just simply mario theries fan (mario kart, mario glaaxy, etc).
And since brawl came out, I think trading 360 is crazy idea. But if u hate brawl than thats other topic XD
Also, I dont really like 360 games. 3d games gives me a headache. That goes for mario galaxy(sometimes), cod4, tony hawk, halo3 , all the 3d shooter games, etc.

Silent-Sniper said:
Yeah a sign that the wii community is full of 11 year olds.

Didnt you just tell someone to stop being a fanboy and grow up? Seems like your the one who needs to grow up mate.

:cool:

lawls pointless arguments going on in this thread.

i think its a pretty good trade, considering the PC is crap and your getting a whole lot of games for 360. ive had my 360 forrr about a year and a half and havent had a single problem and i love it. im sure you will too.

Let me start by saying I have both (yep and elite). I still consider myself a PC gamer though (killer rig and a handfull of PC's in the P4 range, plus a handfull in the P3 range). I'm not a fanboy in any way, I just go by facts and when I state my opinion I make sure people know it's my opinion.

First: Very few PCs are "only" good for office, email and internet. I would say that one would have to have a P2-266 or below for that to be the case. No, I'm not crazy. Many people who think their PC is junk simply need to reload the OS and make sure they have at least 1GB ($30 now) RAM. Even builtin video is good for most gaming. However, there are a handfull of current PC games which really need a "killer" PC which would only run about $1000 not counting display. Those people spending more than that amount are getting MINOR benefits.

Second: Most "trades" (in Ohio) for Wii's to 360's are even swaps. I've know of many people who have gone either way on this.

I do have to say I play the 360 more. Mostly because it's in my office, and my wife tends to get annoyed if I hog the family room where the Wii is. I have about 10 games for each. I find that most console games bore me quickly. About the only 360 games I re-play are Crackdown and Burnout: Paradise. For the Wii, it's TigerWood '07, bowling and Excite Truck. I'd say I spend more non-Summer time play the 360. During the Summer, I'm on break since I'm a teacher and I set up an outdoor screen and spend way too much time playing golf and bowling with the neighbors.

Would I make the trade the OP is going to? No, I don't think so. But I buy equipment for the long haul. I still have and use old commodore computers back to the PET 8032.

Even though I bought the 360 specifically to play Crackdown (got tired of begging the son to play his :) I don't think one should buy a 360 for just one game. For me, games like Halo (all), CoD4, ME, BS, etc. just don't have the the replay wow factor. I seem to do most of my replay on PC games. I also don't like that most 360 games are going to about 10 hours to completion of single play. I'd much rather have lower graphics and 40 hours of play.

If I really didn't want the Wii (and stuff), PC and iPod I would craigslist/ebay them and then get a NEW Elite and craigslist/ebay the rest.

IMHO.

strommsarnac said:
Let me start by saying I have both (yep and elite). I still consider myself a PC gamer though (killer rig and a handfull of PC's in the P4 range, plus a handfull in the P3 range). I'm not a fanboy in any way, I just go by facts and when I state my opinion I make sure people know it's my opinion.

First: Very few PCs are "only" good for office, email and internet. I would say that one would have to have a P2-266 or below for that to be the case. No, I'm not crazy. Many people who think their PC is junk simply need to reload the OS and make sure they have at least 1GB ($30 now) RAM. Even builtin video is good for most gaming. However, there are a handfull of current PC games which really need a "killer" PC which would only run about $1000 not counting display. Those people spending more than that amount are getting MINOR benefits.

Second: Most "trades" (in Ohio) for Wii's to 360's are even swaps. I've know of many people who have gone either way on this.

I do have to say I play the 360 more. Mostly because it's in my office, and my wife tends to get annoyed if I hog the family room where the Wii is. I have about 10 games for each. I find that most console games bore me quickly. About the only 360 games I re-play are Crackdown and Burnout: Paradise. For the Wii, it's TigerWood '07, bowling and Excite Truck. I'd say I spend more non-Summer time play the 360. During the Summer, I'm on break since I'm a teacher and I set up an outdoor screen and spend way too much time playing golf and bowling with the neighbors.

Would I make the trade the OP is going to? No, I don't think so. But I buy equipment for the long haul. I still have and use old commodore computers back to the PET 8032.

Even though I bought the 360 specifically to play Crackdown (got tired of begging the son to play his :) I don't think one should buy a 360 for just one game. For me, games like Halo (all), CoD4, ME, BS, etc. just don't have the the replay wow factor. I seem to do most of my replay on PC games. I also don't like that most 360 games are going to about 10 hours to completion of single play. I'd much rather have lower graphics and 40 hours of play.

If I really didn't want the Wii (and stuff), PC and iPod I would craigslist/ebay them and then get a NEW Elite and craigslist/ebay the rest.

IMHO.

Thing is I am skint so listing on ebay, sending them out etc will just be a hassle, I am getting a new ipod soon anyway, the PC doesn't get used and neither does the wii.

Plus I want the 360 asap for GTA 4 release.

Also I am an impatient soab.

Back