Transferring game data from SD to new Wii console

KrisKhaos said:
That doesn't make any sense.

Sure the game creators want you to enjoy the games however not everyone enjoys exactly the same. If people wish to enjoy and share save game data that is there choice, and going so far as to copy protect this data is going overboard. I say if this is the reasons behind this move then I well literally sell my Wii and that will be the end of Nintendo for me, even if I don't utilize the option personally. I will not be told how I am supposed to enjoy my purchases and do not care for such dictator style enforcement either.

I clearly hope this was NOT the reasoning behind this. :yikes:

I mean they will lessen the experience of others online. They could download a game that had full stats on everything (just an example). This would cheapen the experience for people who actually cared. I think I saw it in an interview in Nintendo UK magazine.

FRuMMaGe said:
I mean they will lessen the experience of others online. They could download a game that had full stats on everything (just an example). This would cheapen the experience for people who actually cared. I think I saw it in an interview in Nintendo UK magazine.
Cheapen the experience? Say "No" to temptation if you actually care and don't download them, likewise companies should not dictate what we should be allowed to do with our game purchases....enjoy them. :wtf:

-EDIT-
Seriously, if I find out this is truly the case and reasoning behind the inability to transfer save game data then my Wii will be up on eBay. I'm not joking.

kris take it easy. and if it is the reason im willing to buy that wii of you for $100 which is fair.

MRCOOLGH said:
kris take it easy. and if it is the reason im willing to buy that wii of you for $100 which is fair.
Thanks, but your offer is far from fair. Even used Wii's are still selling for close there full value, sometimes even more. Take a peek at the closing prices on eBay sometime. :)

Secondly this argument seems bogus anyways, as I backed up my original game save from Rampage: Total Destruction and successfully copied one from the Internet to my SD Card, and ran perfectly on the Wii. If you are having difficulty copying them then your card's data is corrupt or you are somehow doing it wrong.

So, crisis diverted. Please note I am using Wii firmware 3.01U with a 1GB SanDisk SD Card, and played a copied saved game file without a single hiccup or any special means in which to copy it. (Now I need to restore my original game save. :lol:)

Last edited:
MRCOOLGH said:

:lol: Hahahahahahaha! :lol:

FRuMMaGe has spoken :cool:

Back