[UK] If you still don't have a pre-order look here

Cabe

Wii Owner
Nov 12, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Wii Online Code
2836-6898-4933-5432
If you're in the UK and you've still not got a pre-order then I may be able to offer a glimmer of hope.
I was planning on getting one from Amazon.co.uk today but extenuating circumstances prevented me from being there when the pre-orders went live >_<

I was planning on just going into town on the launch day with some friends and getting one but I decided to have one last look around.
I found Argos.co.uk ( Shop for WII Console with Wii Sports Game - available 8th Dec. at Argos.co.uk ) and noticed the message underneath

This item will be delivered when it is released on 8th December.

I thought to myself that this would probably be left over but I decided to check it out. I gave them a phone and spoke to a friendly customer services rep who happened to live just 5 minutes up the road (its a small world) who was able to confirm to me that they could guarantee that I would recieve a Wii upon launch day (give or take a day or two because they post them in advance to try get them to the customers on launch day). Needless to say I placed an order of '1xWii Console with Wii Sports Game' :thumbsup:

Now I'm happy as can be. I just thought I would post this to try help people who may still have been looking for pre-orders in the UK.
Good luck to everyone in getting their Wii's

I know, argos are damn great. I ordered my wii with them on the 14th November.

On digitalspy there is an argos staff member and the preorders will be shut down as soon as the stock runs out

micster said:
I know, argos are damn great. I ordered my wii with them on the 14th November.

Thinking back I actually think I've got the majority of my gaming devices from Argos...
Gameboy Pocket - Argos
Gameboy Color - Argos
Gameboy Advance - Argos
Playstation 2 - Argos
PSP - Argos
Wii - Argos

Hmm... I never ever realised this until just then. Oddly enough I never buy anything else from them :S

*Bonus Fact* I JUST discovered (about 2 minutes ago) That the PS logo on the disk drive of the PS2 can be rotated so that its always the correct way up even if the console is vertical or horizontal. O_O HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS! I've had the PS2 for 5 years(ish) and I NEVER noticed that

Cabe. The PS2 blinds you with awesome blue light. Nothing else matters.
.... oooh pretty light......

Anyway, Argos is the king of all shops. It has the laminated book of dreams, know why it's laminated? To catch the tears of joy.
It's the Narnia of house hold goods, the Tardis of toasters.
And let's not forget the pale mythical wardens of the treasures that lie within!

*Walks off to watch Part Troll again, damn that Bill Bailey for being so funny*

P.S. Congrats on the confirmed pre-order. Less than 3 weeks.

You never knew about the PS2 logo?! Im sure it was in the instructions ...

Anyway, Another tip for alllll uk wii players

The RRP of Wii games is £40. HMV.co.uk: Music CDs, DVDs, Games & More sell wii games for £35 with free delivery!

If you have an instore HMV GAMES card then you can register it with hmv online and if you have 1000points then you get a £5 discount meaning wii games are just £30!

[I ordered red steel for £30]

Ooh. Another tip for UK people.

Get a friend in Jersey. My mother lives there. Tax free. I've ordered the game I need (not want... need) here but all the others I've got coming from Jersey. Cheap as cheap can be :D

Oh yeah, HMV online is based in Jersey i think :'D

Another tip. Buy a wii and a game and get £10 off!

funny you should mention this as i have just ordered my wii with z:tp there last night!

do you really think that means we will get it at launch? i was just hoping really!

advice: don't buy something more that 50 quid from argos. they have crap customer support and won't let you return anything

Yeah, if theres a problem you'd contact Nintendo in this case.
@YellowLizard - Fingers crossed eh

haha yeah thanks

hey guys, how come i haven't heard much about upcoming wii games? I check ign etc like every day! I know about smash bros obviously lol

and i'm not too bothered about multi-platform games, as i've got a 360 for those, and for graphics!

Can't wait to get my wii though!

Back