Unofficial Metroid Prime 3 Thread

I've completed the game on novice with 100% pickups and replaying it on hypermode (basically every creature you meet is in hypermode). I've only got about 10 scans to get now.

You get extra credits for performing certain tasks - e.g. on the first ship when the pirates start to attack and your wandering round the corridors, you get credit for saving soldiers lives.

i've got the screen shot tool, the wii bobble head, the ship stickers and 2 of the dioramas.

think i'll play MP3 till GH3 is released (2nd November I hear)

i think it is a disgrace to the video game's industry that one of the biggest game's every gets a huge delay for AUS and EU (jokes, i was a bit overdoing it there) but seriously, this is soo anoinggg. if it happenswith galaxy and brawl i will probably cream my pants in anger. is this game really worth getting, whats the replay vaue like?

Stallyon - how do you know how many scans you still need?

Also, how did you locate all the pickups?

The last boss is kicking my ass in veteran mode. I've been killed in this spot like 20 times already. I got the floating head down to where I only needed one or two more strikes and then it killed me. I almost threw my remote through the tv (on purpose!) when that happened!

If I'm having such a tough time here, I hate to see how hard hyper mode will be.

By the way, I purchased the bumper sticker package, and I would say that it is decidedly "eh".

No recommendations for other purchases?

pkstudios said:
Stallyon - how do you know how many scans you still need?

Also, how did you locate all the pickups?

i've no idea how to pick up all the scans - i've yet to get all the scans but only have about 7 left to get...on skytown if you go to the observatory you can boost up the side of the walls and bomb some switches which wil then unlock locations of items

pkstudios said:
The last boss is kicking my ass in veteran mode. I've been killed in this spot like 20 times already. I got the floating head down to where I only needed one or two more strikes and then it killed me. I almost threw my remote through the tv (on purpose!) when that happened!

the trick is to go full pelt at the red circle on his back...only thing is he is always facing ya...
when his bottom drops ready to blast a bomb shoot the bomb loads of times and the head will become stunned - run behind it and shoot the red part...another attack is the 4 lasers - stand beneath the head when this happens and position yourself so that you get clear shots of the back again....always charge up your weapon ready for when you get the chance to shoot the back...when the head spins on the floor charge up a shot and aim for the base of the head this may stun the head again allowing you to get another go at the back

Last edited:
So, getting started on Hyper mode, the Bezerker guy at the end of the 1st scene took a completely ridiculous amount of firepower to kill. I hope the whole game isn't like that. I've got carpal tunnel from mashing on the A button as it is.

pkstudios said:
So, getting started on Hyper mode, the Bezerker guy at the end of the 1st scene took a completely ridiculous amount of firepower to kill. I hope the whole game isn't like that. I've got carpal tunnel from mashing on the A button as it is.

i thought he was easier than first time round but then i knew what to aim at this time lol

Argh, I want this game so much!

England doesn't have it until next friday!.

If I've completed Prime 1+2 100% reckon I should start on veteran? Oh, And another question, My brother plays Halo 3 and you get a different ending if you complete it on Legendary mode, is it the same with Corruption on Hyper mode?

Sethoi - you unlock 2 additional sequences at the end for getting 75% and 100% of the available pickups. Each one only lasts about 10 seconds but I suppose the hunt is worth more than the prize sometimes.

Hey - and thanks to the admin who fixed my bad spelling in the title of the thread!

I have to say I'm noticing a lot of little things as I go through the game here for the 3rd time that I missed the 1st two times through. Just little extras through taking more time to scan things, and seeing enemies standing on top of ledges and running away before a scene starts. Sort of like a movie where you pick up the richness of the tapestry only after the 2nd or 3rd time you see it. The developers obviously spent a lot of time on the little details of this game.

Last edited:
I'm getting my a$$ totally handed to me in the area where you have to grapple the bottom of the generator to reveal the battery cells.

Anyone have any good secrets for this space?

Specifically, it's in Bryyo, from Destroy Western Energy Signature through Generator Hall South to South Jungle Court.

I have 5 full lives going into the situation, but there are four phazed-up pirates that I have to use hyper mode to kill before even getting to the generator, so I get there with 3 and change every time. The best I've done is get one battery exploded and the second one pulled down, but as far as getting all 3? It seems pretty much like no chance.

UPDATE: Made it through, finally, by doing the same thing it always seems to take in these situations, where you feel like there's no possible way: change your tactics, change your approach, do something differently from the way you've been doing it, and at some point you'll hit on something that works.

In this case, I was trying to avoid the pirates, but I decided to attack them instead during the period after blowing up the battery cells when the bottom is inaccessible anyway.

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to play it much so I'm still trying to beat the ice boss in Bryyo.

Back