Unofficial MLB 2K8 Tips and Tricks Thread

Yeah - I have 'earned' a bunch of points and can unlock the VIP stuff, but would like to buy the 83 Met's uni's myself. The only place I see them is when I go to play the game and they say locked. Where did you go to buy them?

In the skybox section. I bought everything there, but there's still more to unlock.

theres 2 sections for unlockables,it goes in alphabetical order.

Does anyone need me to post any pics of the game or anything like that to know if they should buy it

Go get 'em, torontowii. I already have the game, obviously, but I'd be interested to see your screenshots nonetheless.

why....if you have the game,why not just turn it on and see how it looks..but i will just do some of a stadium,a player batting,pitching,fielding and thats it

I don't know - I thought maybe you were thinking of showing me how to do something. No worries.

kestu - it seems like you can just scroll through the different uni's by using the up/down on your nunchuck when picking out a game, at least via the season schedule.

Did you know you can call for a mound visit? Press 1 to bring up the menu and select mound visit. It will increase the pitchers confidence, meaning he will pitch more accurately and the pointer will be easier to aim. Use this after your opponent gets a couple men on base and it will greatly increase your chances of getting out of an inning without a run.

Load Franchise

I just got MLB 2K8 and started a franchise and played a couple of games. I saved and left for awhile. I came back, loaded my profile, but now, I can't figure out how to load my franchise and start playing games.

My profiles says that my record is 2-0, which is correct, but I can't find the schedule or anything like that.

Any helps or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

OK from the main menu go to 'My2k8', then on the right side it says 'save/load', click that and select load. Your franchise should be there.

skidmarx said:
OK from the main menu go to 'My2k8', then on the right side it says 'save/load', click that and select load. Your franchise should be there.

I do that. Then how do I play a game or go to the schedule menu?

i want the 1977 jays uniforms. ive unlocked all the trophies in cat. 1 of unlockables, but where is section 2? i move the pointer everywhere and i cant find it.

gee sorry I've forgotten most everything about that game, and I bet everyone else has too.

Back