User Agreement

tbc111

Wii Biker
May 14, 2007
Wii Online Code
4160-1366-0917-2329
Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times but here goes...

I've set up my Wii to hook up with my wireless router (Linksys WRT54G) and updated my Wii system successfuly. Problem is whenever I start going to the Wii channels, I am told to view the User Agreement or the Wii24 is turned off.

I click on the User Agreement and I dont see anything there and I dont see the "on" or "off" key for the Wii24. Someone please help.

WiiTNA said:
I think you go to options and turn WiFi 24/7 on. Not totally sure though.

Mind telling me where that is? The blue light on the disc slot doesn't even go on.

Welcome to wiichat and enjoy your stay. Happy gaming.
The options section can be found from the main menu. I think its the furthest button on the bottom left >> Wii settings >> Wiiconnect24 >> Turn On.

Thanks Byuakuya but unfortunately, I can only go as far as the Wiiconnect24. No "ON" or "OFF" keys. Did I do something wrong when I was setting it up the first time? I know I followed every instruction.

Byuakuya said:
Try here and follow the instructions. I hope it works out for you.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/menus.jsp

When I move over the cursor to the WiiConnect24, I am not directed to other options such as :

1. WiiConnect24
2. Standby options
3. Slot Illumination

I am directed instead to a screen that says I have to view the User's Agreement, etc... then an attempt to connect to the internet is made but obviously it fails and an error code is prompted.

As a matter of fact, now I don't even recall seeing the End User's Agreement when I powered on the Wii for the first time. Is there someway I can reset this? A friend suggested removing the unit's built in battery.

Last edited:
E-Mail nintendo from their site.....
Maybe they can help. I don't see a falut in what your trying to achieve

Wii_Smurf said:
E-Mail nintendo from their site.....
Maybe they can help. I don't see a falut in what your trying to achieve

I did already a few days ago and haven't gotten any reply yet. This is a bit frustrating friends. Hope someone here has a ready solution to my dilemna.

Update: I spoke with a customer rep about an hour ago and we went through the set up process step by step and as expected, the details of the User Agreement did not show up. After clicking on that option, I was immediately directed to connect to the internet (which didn't work anyway because I haven't agreed to the UA).

The rep told me to email tech support instead. Oh well...

tbc111 said:
Update: I spoke with a customer rep about an hour ago and we went through the set up process step by step and as expected, the details of the User Agreement did not show up. After clicking on that option, I was immediately directed to connect to the internet (which didn't work anyway because I haven't agreed to the UA).

The rep told me to email tech support instead. Oh well...
Thanks for the update. Goodluck with it.

wampa said:
Formatted didnt do the update still No Joy?

Please help!!!

Welcome to the club wampa. I'm still waiting for Nintendo's reply to my email. Hopefully they'll have a solution to our problem. Btw, where did you get your Wii console?

You already configure it to detect your Wi-Fi signal? You must do it this way first before continuing.

deafy said:
You already configure it to detect your Wi-Fi signal? You must do it this way first before continuing.

It picked up my router's access point right away and DID download an update. But when connecting to the Wii channels and the Wiiconnect24, it tells me that I have to agree to the User's Agreement. When I click on the User's Agreement, the text isn't there for me to agree or disagree to.

Back