User Review: Tatsunoko vs capcom

No not really. There are some similarities, like Ryu's hadoken, spinning kick and dragon punch are performed using the same inputs but the combos, special moves and tactics are a lot different. You could say that they are the same because they are 2D fighting games but then you could apply that to any fighter, it's like saying Mortal Combat, Street Fighter or SSBB are all the same.
Breaking it down a bit.
All fighting games involve hitting your opponent to win (Street fighter, MK, King of Fighters, Power Stone Fighters destiny), but the same can be said for FPS games only your using bullets.
It is quite rare to get a game that is really different these days, one that changes how things are done. I think the last as Portal, it looks like a normal shooter till you play it and find out that you don't anything but Portals
I believe that the balance issues were with the original 'Cross Generation of Heroes' Japanese release. They were supposed to be addressing this for Ultimate Allstars and I haven't noticed any really overpowered characters yet.
Nar its rare to get a fighting game that is perfectly balanced these days or in fact ever as you always get cheap characters (Ironman IM LOOKING AT YOU!)

DPRINNY said:
Nar buy it anyway (Zavvi sell it for under £18 and at that price im tempted, but alass I need the money for arcade machine parts and that will make me more money in the long run)
Smash Brothers is hard to call a traditional fighting game

BOY!! That's a good deal, but I'm in the U.S. though. (NTSC) I would buy it at that price. You should too, I also heard it's the most balanced fighting game, even more that Street Fighter.

raisinghelen said:
That makes sense. I always used to apply that to my games in the past, it was kind of a gauge as to how successful a console was for me. I'd want a good fighting game, a racer, a platformer, a RPG etc. The Wii is a bit different because it has some games that don't really fit in traditional genres, so now I just tend to buy whatever interests me. It seems to be working out ok as we have quite a variety of game types.

Well My friend is tempting me to buy it. Every hour it's:

*RING RiNG*

:Yawn:"Hello"
:eek:"Dude Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom is the BEST!!!"

*RING RING*

:eek:"Dude THE STORYLINE!!"

*RING RING*

:eek:"Sooo Many cool characters and moves and specials and characters and..."

*RING RING*

:eek:"Dude Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom bought me coffee this morning!!"
*click*

Nar its rare to get a fighting game that is perfectly balanced these days or in fact ever as you always get cheap characters (Ironman IM LOOKING AT YOU!)
The only characters that don't seem to match up are the gestaults because they count as 2 characters but are a bit weak. The rest seem fine to me, although I haven't tried using Casshan or Tekkaman Blade yet.

Are there any characters that you've found to be very overpowered?

Back