VC = Smash bros promotion

lloyd_yayo

Nintendo 4life
Oct 16, 2006
ohio
Wii Online Code
7527 1826 6337 6464
is it just me, or has anyone got to thinking that nintendo is releasing their vc games in accordance to promote smash bros? by this i mean they're puting out games that feature charchters that will be in the upcoming smash bros. if im correct, this is a brilliant stradegy, nintendo already knows smash bros will be the best selling wii game, and with all the "new gamers" the wii attracts, they can use the vc games to lure these new gamers into buying smash bros brawl.

think about it
super mario bros/world/ 64 = mario, luigi, yoshi, peach, bowser
kirbys adventure = kirby, meta knight, (maybe dedede)
kid icarus = pit
ice climbers = popo&nana (the ice climbers)
donkey kong country = donkey kong, (maybe diddy kong and king k. rool)
zelda:link to past = link, zelda
f-zero = captian falcon

now pokemon will sell itself, everyone knows bout pokemon. then u got wario ware that released for wii to promote wario as a new comer. and if you look at the games that are registered with the ESRB you see that STAR FOX 64 is comming and metroid. my guess is as metroid will release next, then star fox, near the release brawl.

Well, considering the fact that most of the characters from SSBB have major games... it only makes sense that they would release those games, but I do see what you're saying.

But Ice climbers aren't in SSBB.

Homesrfan said:
Well, considering the fact that most of the characters from SSBB have major games... it only makes sense that they would release those games, but I do see what you're saying.

But Ice climbers aren't in SSBB.

It's not been confirmed that Ice Climbers are in it. Nor has it been denied.

I would definatly say its just a coinicidence, and not that big of one considering SSBB characters are all from major Nintendo games.

Ranathis said:
It's not been confirmed that Ice Climbers are in it. Nor has it been denied.
Meh - I think it's safe to say they aren't in it.

Anyways, I'm not going to say it's a coincidence, but I don't think it's the sole reason they released it.

yeah, i see what your saying.. maybe all the games out have characters that are going to be in brawl...

I mean i doubt it but maybe

I'd say coincidence. The VC is just putting out some of their best games, which happen to include the star characters. Just makes sense.

lloyd_yayo said:
is it just me, or has anyone got to thinking that nintendo is releasing their vc games in accordance to promote smash bros? by this i mean they're puting out games that feature charchters that will be in the upcoming smash bros. if im correct, this is a brilliant stradegy, nintendo already knows smash bros will be the best selling wii game, and with all the "new gamers" the wii attracts, they can use the vc games to lure these new gamers into buying smash bros brawl.

think about it
super mario bros/world/ 64 = mario, luigi, yoshi, peach, bowser
kirbys adventure = kirby, meta knight, (maybe dedede)
kid icarus = pit
ice climbers = popo&nana (the ice climbers)
donkey kong country = donkey kong, (maybe diddy kong and king k. rool)
zelda:link to past = link, zelda
f-zero = captian falcon

now pokemon will sell itself, everyone knows bout pokemon. then u got wario ware that released for wii to promote wario as a new comer. and if you look at the games that are registered with the ESRB you see that STAR FOX 64 is comming and metroid. my guess is as metroid will release next, then star fox, near the release brawl.

I'd love to see King k rool in SSB, it would be awesome

i realize they're classic titles, but its the timing of the release for these titles.

it would be an easy coincidence, due to the fact that most characters came from major nintendo games... but its a very interesting theory

jessetheinferno said:
it would be an easy coincidence, due to the fact that most characters came from major nintendo games... but its a very interesting theory

i agree with you but i think it is a little far fetched:crazy:

You all who think Ice Climbers and others in melee except clones won't be on Brawl are naive and stupid, of course they will be in it, imagine if they are not, they won't take out characters, the will add more...and yes I agree, and I have thought of it before, Nintendo is fomenting their franchises for Brawl and it works because it makes mw want to buy those classic games..I got Kid Icarus and will be buying Ice Climber probably

Axtlar said:
Nintendo is fomenting their franchises for Brawl and it works because it makes mw want to buy those classic games..I got Kid Icarus and will be buying Ice Climber probably

EXACTLY! i was so tempted to buy kid icarus cuz i know he's in brawl, and ice climber just because of that. i bet anything in the next two weeks metroid will be released for nes.

Back