What Can Wii Expect?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Many Wii owners may have started thinking as to what is next to come for their little machine. And can we expect something else good and new before the Holidays? Well only time will tell, but besides great games coming out, now would be an opportune time for a new channel to come
out as well.

With a new channel, there are so many possibilities. Many have already been talked about, but I am going to go over a few more of what could
occur.

Demo Channel

Seems to be the hot topic of debates all over the planet, and would easily be the best addition to the Wii. Could give gamers a better look at new titles that they have not heard much about, or play a bit of one of their favorite upcoming games. Again this seems to be the most wanted channel out there, and would no doubt be a good move by Nintendo if they were to do so. I mean, playing some of their new releases could add for more sales, and could allow for Nintendo to make new Franchises, knowing that people have had a chance to play them already and might sell well later on.

Sports Channel

Yes there is already sporting news in the News Channel, but what I would like to see happen is different. Starting out, Wii owners would set their setting on the channel, where they live etc. Then depending on where they live, they can receive up to date sports news about all of their favorite regional teams. As well, they could look at different things, like team line-ups etc, and if the right things were put in place, could perhaps watch a select number of games on their Wii. Now of course, Nintendo would have to team up with some sort of Sporting franchise/company and would need tv settings on their Wii. Which leads me to my next point.

TV Channel

Could allow Wii user's to watch certain programs on different channels. And by that I mean of course, when you are in the "TV Channel", you can switch channels and volume while on the "TV Channel" with your Wii remote. + and - buttons used for the volume, control pad up and down for channel changing and the 1 and 2 buttons for tv menu's or perhaps a tv guide. Its a long shot, but again if they teamed with the right people/network it could happen. Also obviously you would not be able to watch a lot of shows, as if they were just starting out, they would only have a few available. Also, if they worked out things with the movie people, they could have movies downloadable in the shop channel, and have them watch them on their "TV Channel" of course. Ad for whether or not they would be new or old Movies, well I could see older movies working better, a chance for movie makers to give their films made a while ago a last ditch effort to make some more cash, and have people watch some of their favorites while growing up, or be watched by those who were not around to watch them the first time around.

Now of course, these might be far fetched, and may never happen. But we may see variations of these channels, and we can all hope for the best and expect the best from Nintendo.

you know, i really would rather have more great games then channels, i rarely use those channels in my wii anymore.....im sure the same would happen with the new channels with me

I'd enjoy a high scores channel and a demo channel.
I'm sick of not ever having demos from Nintendo, and they have a great chance to revolutionize demos...

Demo channel would be nice, but the sports and tv channels are kind of... well, you have internet access and a TV already. That stuff is readily available. And there's other ways to download and recieve movies that are just better.

And actually, I don't think that we need a demo channel, they should just make that stuff available in the VC like they did with the metroid prime preview.

I think I posted this in another channels thread, but anyways, I'd like to see a instant messaging and e-mail channel that is available on the Home menu. So you can recieve your aim/yahoo/msn messages on your wii, and reply with out shutting off whatever game you're playing.

Demo channel definately will be great!

Sports channel we dont really need,We have the internet for that.

And Online play on wii definately needs improving.

Tairusu said:
And actually, I don't think that we need a demo channel, they should just make that stuff available in the VC like they did with the metroid prime preview.

The Metroid Preview channel came from the Wii Ware option in the Wii Store, not the Virtual Console.

There are plenty of code breaker owners out there who can mod their game scores. It would be like the Dreamcast all over again. I remember on the Sonic website people had speed times that were impossible. Some stages were completed in 3 seconds. It turned into a boasting ground for people with hacks.

Skippy said:
The Metroid Preview channel came from the Wii Ware option in the Wii Store, not the Virtual Console.

That's just splitting hairs, the point of the post was that we can potentially download demos directly with out a dedicated channel.

i woul like to see more assories before christmas but im down for more chanels i love everybody votes chanel...!

Just an idea I had, felt like writing a bit again, its been a bit.
Ideas were still decent though despite being far fetched right?

Back