what do you do for a living?

owlsgo said:
brilliant. as one should be.

as for myself, we're in somewhat of a family business. my mother makes clothes for strippers and prostitutes, and i go out at night on the weekend to the brothels/gentleman's clubs and sell the dresses to the girls in the change rooms.

...yep.

Does this job yield any perks??!!:smilewinkgrin:

@ DR MARIO

First, for some reason, I thought you were 16...

Second, "A brief history of time" is the first book you should read, just to get the fundamentals down. :lol:

WiiWouldLike2Play said:
I don't ask my parents.. They give me money. Lol
My mom gives me 15 bucks a week, for lunch money.
But she knows that I don't eat lunch (because the food
stinks there). So, yeah. I prefer A JOB THOUGH!! But, I
can't drive (Age, 14) and there's no one to drive me to
work..
lol i do the same, cept i'm just one year away from being able to get a job.

i get lunch money, and if there's a game i really want coming out, i starve myself for a couple weeks, and have enough money to buy it.

Work part-time at a grocery store, but am on more hours than even the managers atm. I dont have bills or rent to pay, so 1/2 of my pay a week may go into games if I find anything decent I want, the rest is put into a high interest savings account for when I start uni next year...
BTW, first year I've had a job and its great when it comes to Christmas...you don't want anything, cos I may aswell get the games I want right now, instead of wait a month lol.

TortillaChip520 said:
lol i do the same, cept i'm just one year away from being able to get a job.

i get lunch money, and if there's a game i really want coming out, i starve myself for a couple weeks, and have enough money to buy it.

LMAO, don't starve yourself! Ahh, well. I don't eat at lunch. That's why
we have house food! Yay!

I'm in college and being in the second year there's a hell of a lot of work so I quit my job end of the summer.

I get payed £30 a week from my college just for turning up though so.. I use that money to get my games.

Think I'm gonna start selling some photography soon though, entering compeitions and such..

@ Owlsgo, how'd you get into THAT? It's not like you woke up one morning and said, "The biggest missed marketshare HAS to be the prostitutes."

@ Every person in the UK. $60/week to GO to school. >_> I have to PAY 30,000 a year. That's 288 pounds a week! Dang I hate UK welfare...

Entrepreneurial Slacker, Occasional Software Architect, Technology Innovator, Business Strategist - on my 3rd company [World HQ in beautiful Vilano Beach, Florida USA].

FWIW, I don't buy tons of media just to have a giant collection of plastic cases - I'm pretty selective about movies and games I want to own.

Last edited:
Well im an accountant..yea i handle YOUR money...lol...and also freelance graphic designer.

Bartender.

3rd year college student studying finance/marketing/specializing in accounting.

Brawny said:
@ Owlsgo, how'd you get into THAT? It's not like you woke up one morning and said, "The biggest missed marketshare HAS to be the prostitutes."

@ Every person in the UK. $60/week to GO to school. >_> I have to PAY 30,000 a year. That's 288 pounds a week! Dang I hate UK welfare...

No, it depends how poor your are on the poor scale, it's up to £30 a week.

If your household income is:

up to £20,817 per year you get £30 per week
£20,818 - £25,521 per year you get £20 a week
£25,522 - £30,810 per year you get £10 a week
more than £30,810 per year, no entitlement to EMA.

Back