What happened to just being a Gamer?

daviduk200

The XBOX 360 Guy
Jul 18, 2007
Scotland
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
what happened to just playing games for the games

when did we actually start being fanboys (i know some of us are not)

when i was 6 i got my first ever game Crash bandicoot one on the PS
and when i was also 6 i got Mario 64 For the n64

i loved both of these games to death and i loved them for the games i didnt care what console they were on and probably never thought about it.

my point being why have we become more concerned with the console than the gameing experience

i love all consoles, only one i disliked was the Original Xbox.

but restricting ourselves to Fanboyism or one console

makes us idiots and forces us to miss out on great gaming experiences

MGS series
Final Fantasy series
Resistance fall of man

Halo series
Mass effect
Gears of War

Mario series
Zelda Series
Metroid Series
Super smash bros Series

and there is many more

i would just wish one day that they all became on and made a mega console to rule them all

(but just not to exspensive)

chat

ill elaborate more later

P.S i hope i got my point across weel i couldnt think of how to do it, ill make it clearer later

Last edited:
Wow you are young. My first console was the atari 2600 when i was about 8-9 years old. Soon afterwards the NES got popular and that was my second. But damn i'm like 3 console generations older than you, heh. Anyhow i still play games to have fun, nothing more, nothing less.

lol im 16

is that young? lol

actually come to think about it. in a couple of months ill be 17

well, it just really depends what games are the most appealing to you. then you basically will choose a console to get for the games. you shouldn't just get a console for the heck of it. i still play games and buy systems for the games. i have a wii and a 360 and i like them both.

i think im still a gamer....cause i still play all of the other console games like playstation, xbox, but i play the nintendo consoles more

if you put them all on one console, there'd be no competition, devs wouldn't care, and the games would become crappy. that's why there's no mega console.

=] I remember when I was like 6-7 I used to enjoy gaming on every console not caring about fanboys but since more people joined game and made more clans there have been "Console Fanboy Wars". Now if you excuse me I am going to buy myself a new PC since to me PC has the best games and graphics lol =]
+Rep for Topic

wow when i was 6 or 7 i was banging that atari joy stick around :lol: i love all systems also....its the creators that have done this to us, making different games for different platforms. To me game play is more important that graphics, but dont get me wrong i enjoy nice graphics as well. And it gets ugly when my friends and i who mostly have different systems argue to back up our own system. But i def agree with u that one "mega" system would be great.

Mmm... It's just a loyalty thing with me. It's not like I go OMGFANGIRL on Nintendo, I like plenty of games on other consoles, I just want to stick to Nintendo. FOREVER.

I first got my N64 when I was 10. Yeah, I came into the gaming scene late, because I used to live in the islands where we didn't have access to much electronic technology.

With the gaming industry constantly advancing the way it is now, there really isn't anything we can do when people start becoming "hardcore" or "casual" or what have you. And it affects us too. I'm sure many of us call ourselves one of these names.

I have no problems with being a Nintendo wife. XD Sounds good, actually. <3

There were fanboys back in the SNES and Genesis days, oh boy lol. It just wasn't as crazy becuase they didn't have the super intellectual internet that we have today.

Sega does what Nintendon't

Minako said:
Mmm... It's just a loyalty thing with me. It's not like I go OMGFANGIRL on Nintendo, I like plenty of games on other consoles, I just want to stick to Nintendo. FOREVER.

I first got my N64 when I was 10. Yeah, I came into the gaming scene late, because I used to live in the islands where we didn't have access to much electronic technology.

With the gaming industry constantly advancing the way it is now, there really isn't anything we can do when people start becoming "hardcore" or "casual" or what have you. And it affects us too. I'm sure many of us call ourselves one of these names.

I have no problems with being a Nintendo wife. XD Sounds good, actually. <3

I think the real reason you came into games late is because you weren't born soon enough, hehe ;)

My first console was the original Atari back in the late 70's. "Tanks" and "Pong" were high tech I recall.

Basically, you can't be a gamer if you follow only one company? Sure, I've dabbled in a bit of Sony's consoles and they've never appealed to me, and seem to be weaving away from my tastes even more, the same with Microsoft.

True, I have been led by Nintendo ever since I was little by my uncle, and I intend for it to stay that way. Still makes me a gamer in my eyes. :p

The thing that started this nonsense, would have to be games coming out and making the series continue.
Then people started comparing which series was better etc, then what system has the best new game and so on.
Something like that, thats how I see it anyways.

im not saying people who follow consoles are not games.

im saying what happened to JUST being a gamer, playing a game for the game not caring what system it was on

Back