What is a good game for my little girl?

rtr1900 said:
Pikmin: I think my girl is too young for that one.
And you got a good point with when to start with pokemon. My girl talks about it and has some cardcollection (she started as her classmates started it), but i am also not sure if she might play it because of the violence.

One game she loves is the shooting in Wiiplay. But the game gets boring too soon.

I have kept Tory away from the cards but she loves the show and the movies.

There is no doubt that you would need to help her on Pikmin but its so cute Tory loses to play and even just to watch me play. How has your girl done with Wii sports?

munnin said:
I have kept Tory away from the cards but she loves the show and the movies.

There is no doubt that you would need to help her on Pikmin but its so cute Tory loses to play and even just to watch me play. How has your girl done with Wii sports?

Hi Munnin,

I saw some Picture of the game and it looks great! SOrt of "Populous-game" of the Amiga500 COmodore :smilewinkgrin:

My girl like especially the bowling part and the boxing. She even beats me at bowling.:cryin: Ok, not for ever, but the first week you always won. She had one strike after the other. Once she had 150 points!!!!!:yesnod: And for a 4 year old, that is amazing I think. She also likes the boxing. And as it isn´t showing any vilonce, I think it is OK.

Bu as I have a lot of confidence in Nintendo, I am sure they will make good games for "very" little children.

And also hopefully Disney will release some "Princess" games. I wonder if there are any on the GC. Maybe I should try to find some secondhand games of the GC for her. Could be fun I guess.

Anyway. I thought also that the makers of the games (and not forget the gamemagazines) should post always the ideal age for a game. Example: The games Formule 06 for the PSP says "age3+". Ok but that doesn´t mean a 4 year old person can drive the car. It only says that there isn´t any violence in it and that a person of 3+ can watch it. But to play it you must be at least 6 years I think.

I just talked with my girl and she loves the idea of the "Cooking Mama" game. So maybe when it comes out I will buy it straight

hmmm you goy wiiplay and sports, and even wario wares. This is a little tough, if kornokopia is too tough then... Try super monkey ball, or mabey even super paper mario. My cuz's first game was mario 64 and donkey kong 64 now he can own at mostly all games. (if not paper mario for her then for you. It owns :D)

My daughter has just turned 4 and her fav game is Monkey Ball. She also loved Mario Sunshine on the gamecube so maybe that'll be worth you buying it cheap.

My 4 year old niece likes DDR, granted, the GC one wasn't THAT great, but who cares for a 4 year old? Like they know the difference.

My nephew can also play madden 07 with me lol.

Last edited:
rtr1900 said:
Hi,

As I am totally new to the console world I would like you tol help me.
I am looking for some games for my 5 year old girl.
Anybody has any suggestion? It doens´t have to be especially for the Wii only, it can be also a game for the GC.
She likes for example Kororinpa, but after the second level it is just to hard for her.:cryin:
The only games I have are here below in my Signature.

Thx you all

mario kart double dash or mario party 7

minismok said:
mario kart double dash or mario party 7

I will try if she likes Mario Kart 64 on the VC. Maybe she will ikes it.
I am getting more and more interested in Cooking Mama and the Monkey Ball games. I saw some pictures of the monkey game and it seems a lotr like Kororinpa. And there are also extra small games in it.
I guess at least I will buy those games over the next months.

What she really loves, like any other 4 year old girl, a game where you can dress the Disney princesses.... Hopefully one day it will come out.

Rayman Raving Rabbids is really fun but it gets a bit challenging and maybe she would like all the funny minigames!
Animal Crossing for the Gamecube is also a game that my 3 year old niece loves! Its pretty easy and it will let her explore and do what she wants.

rtr1900 said:
Hi Munnin,

I saw some Picture of the game and it looks great! SOrt of "Populous-game" of the Amiga500 COmodore :smilewinkgrin:

Well its a lot cuter and less complicated at first than Populous. Some of the puzzles on the higher levels would be too difficult for her to solve without help. If she is anything like my girl she won’t save and keep repeating the early levels.

rtr1900 said:
My girl like especially the bowling part and the boxing. She even beats me at bowling.:cryin: Ok, not for ever, but the first week you always won. She had one strike after the other. Once she had 150 points!!!!!:yesnod: And for a 4 year old, that is amazing I think. She also likes the boxing. And as it isn´t showing any vilonce, I think it is OK.

Tory bowled a 170 last night in front of grandma and grandpa. She also beat grandpa at golf. She likes Tennis since we can be on the same team.

rtr1900 said:
Bu as I have a lot of confidence in Nintendo, I am sure they will make good games for "very" little children.

And also hopefully Disney will release some "Princess" games. I wonder if there are any on the GC. Maybe I should try to find some secondhand games of the GC for her. Could be fun I guess.

Anything princess related would be great and an immediate purchase, the Barbie series has been very popular with Tory lately so I imagine that when they put out one of those games I will get it as well.

rtr1900 said:
Anyway. I thought also that the makers of the games (and not forget the gamemagazines) should post always the ideal age for a game. Example: The games Formule 06 for the PSP says "age3+". Ok but that doesn´t mean a 4 year old person can drive the car. It only says that there isn´t any violence in it and that a person of 3+ can watch it. But to play it you must be at least 6 years I think. .

Well clearly they are only labeling for the degree of maturity for watching the content rather than their ability to comprehend and play. Toys are labeled by ability to play and interest all the time here in the U.S. so you would think game manufactures could do the same.

At 4 my Daughter would freak at the slightest appearance of violence in movies or even verbal fights between couples. This was true even when the good and bad guys were clearly labeled. Some where after five that disappeared.

rtr1900 said:
I just talked with my girl and she loves the idea of the "Cooking Mama" game. So maybe when it comes out I will buy it straight

I had not thought of that as a good choice but will have to get a chance for Tory to try it. Have you looked at Katamari Damac? Tory loves that one as well, I am not sure which versions are available for the Wii.

munnin said:
Tory bowled a 170 last night in front of grandma and grandpa. She also beat grandpa at golf. She likes Tennis since we can be on the same team.

That is amazing! She really is good in that!

munnin said:
Anything princess related would be great and an immediate purchase, the Barbie series has been very popular with Tory lately so I imagine that when they put out one of those games I will get it as well.

Same here, she has all the Barbie movies and a lot of dolls. I just hope the games will come

munnin said:
I had not thought of that as a good choice but will have to get a chance for Tory to try it. Have you looked at Katamari Damac? Tory loves that one as well, I am not sure which versions are available for the Wii.

I tried to look up Katamari Damac, but I coul´dn´t find anything clearly about it. Is is a game?

What is it about?

Thx!

rtr1900 said:
That is amazing! She really is good in that!

Well it was her best score ever, but she has done amazingly well with bowling and golf.

rtr1900 said:
I tried to look up Katamari Damac, but I coul´dn´t find anything clearly about it. Is is a game?

What is it about?

Thx!

Sorry I was looking stuff up and found out that it exists only on the PS2. I am amazed that it's not out on other platforms as it is so popular.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katamari_Damacy

munnin said:
Sorry I was looking stuff up and found out that it exists only on the PS2. I am amazed that it's not out on other platforms as it is so popular.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katamari_Damacy

Seeing the picture I recognize the game from the PSP. Collecting all kind of stuff maiing a big ball..... That would be indeed great for my girl. Simpel and fun I guess

There are probably more Gamecube games suited to under 4's than Wii games at the moment, id imagine that its only a matter of time before Disney release some though as there are lots on the GBA and DS.

The Mario Party games and Pikmin Gamecube games are good suggestions.

A few others could be:
Disney's Magical Mirror - Gamecube
Disney's Party - Gamecube
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg - Gamecube
Animal Crossing - Gamecube (but soon to be for Wii)

Maybe some of the old Sonic games too.

raisinghelen said:
There are probably more Gamecube games suited to under 4's than Wii games at the moment, id imagine that its only a matter of time before Disney release some though as there are lots on the GBA and DS.

The Mario Party games and Pikmin Gamecube games are good suggestions.

A few others could be:
Disney's Magical Mirror - Gamecube
Disney's Party - Gamecube
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg - Gamecube
Animal Crossing - Gamecube (but soon to be for Wii)

Maybe some of the old Sonic games too.

i just saw that Cooking Mama will be release in spain on th 11th of May. So still a long time.
That game animal crossing, sound great. Should I wait for the Wii version?

Back