What is the Wii's graphic potential? A little disappointed so far

I think Sonic and the secret rings is a good example of what the console is capable of when the game is made exclusively for the Wii. Have you played that? I think the graphics will get better over time, but developers need to take more tiume instead of churning out ports to make some quick cash.

Skorp said:
Welcome to wiichat Gypsy.

As people have said most companies underestimated how much the wii would sell and put resources into developing games for the other consoles. Now caught off guard they are scrambling to offer some games on the Wii to make a quick buck off it's success. The games that come out middle to end of this year should definately have better graphics. Look to the first and second party titles. The third parties are jumping on the Wiiwagon fairly quickly and in a year I'm sure we'll see much better graphics in third party games too. I've heard that the wii is about twice as powerful as the PS2, in time we'll really see that.

I totally feel ya about the born again bit, I stopped with consoles at the N64. I've been trolling the forums here since I got my wii. I feel crazy to be so obsessed, but its the truth.

The GCN was almost twice as powerful as the PS2,processor wise,I hope the Wii is at least 3 times the ps2....not that I care,I love gameplay not graphics(and yes I have a 37" HDTV) but when the hell are we ever going to get "official" specs?

I've mentioned this before and I think it's something worth chewing on....

PS2 > XBOX1 > Wii , now look at God of War 2 and imagine the possibilites of Wii. It's all about how much work the developers want to do.

It has a great potential. It's clearly not as great as the 360 or the PS3. But we have to remember most of the games we are seeing now were originally made for the GC and ported to the Wii. I'm sure we'll see some stellar graphics meanwhile the 360 and PS3's will get even better but the Wiis will become mroe acceptable over time :D

Super Mario Galaxy looks like it's as far as it'll go which isn't that bad, but we have yet to see a realistic type of Wii game truelly look better on the Wii.

Metroid Prime 3 looks like Metroid Prime on the Gamecube with moon lighting effect so far.

Hmm i guess you dont remember when the Xbox 360 came out huh? The first 360 games looked exactly like regular Xbox games. Fast Forward to one year, GoW comes out and is rated Best Graphics of the year.

Capt Elmer said:
Hmm i guess you dont remember when the Xbox 360 came out huh? The first 360 games looked exactly like regular Xbox games. Fast Forward to one year, GoW comes out and is rated Best Graphics of the year.

Some yes, but there were original 360 games that are still graphically awesome today.

Kameo was one and it still looks like an awesome game and easily beats out most 360 games graphically today.

Same with the gamecube. Early on during the GC launch that Starwars game came out and so did Metroid Prime and they still look awesome and better than most Wii games. No other games were much better after that.

I believe it's different with the Wii though, we have yet to see the good graphics.

Number-wise, Wii has about 250% power of a PS2.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii#Technical_specifications
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS2#Technical_specifications

While this is a rough estimate to begin with and would not translate into a specific ratio, we (Wii?) can expect to see much better graphics than any PS2 or XBox title.

As for the MP3 Corruption, as far as I know any and all images/movies that were released so far were some modified version of the previous game (for demonstration purposes) and the actual graphics engine still remains to be seen.

Back