I'm extremely disappointed in the WII

Sovieto said:
all the new technology costs a lot
sorry 360 or ps3 dont have NEW technology, just upgraded
and the hardware specs? need people be reminded..PS2 WAS THE LOWEST IN HARDWARE TERMS AND IT WON LAST GEN

p.s. GC was pretty much equal to XBOX in power, yet didnt appeal to hardcoregamers even though the XBOX did, so since the wii dosent have the graphics it wont appeal to hardcore gamers? jeeze! how do you appeal to such people!? you got me in a twister. and lets not forget the ps2 again...

Does it never occur to you people that despite PS2 winning and having the lowest sepcs that the same won't happen with Wii?
Look at it this way, 9 of my friends have replaced their PS2s 2 times or more due to hardware faults (Disc drives not ejecting, lasers scratching discs etc.). If they had to replaceit 3 times or more, then PS2 hasn't achieved much more than Xbox or GC.

Do the maths:
1x GC per customer = 21 million units
1x Xbox per customer = 29 million units
3x PS2 per customer = 100 million units

Now, divide the 100 million by 3 and you get 33.33 million recurring. That is not the most substantial victory of a console war.

I know that's not very accurate, but I'm betting that's most of the reason Sony won the last one.

All you wii people...dont flame this dude just because he is personally disapointed in the wii. You make yourselves look like idiots. He hasnt done anything expect post his opinion. All of you are posting your opinions. Should he flame you for that? All of us want Wii to be a good system as we all have 300+ dollars saved up for it. We want it to be a success so we will naturally defend it. Kenn just ignore the people that flame..they are just defending their home country..

From, the mediator.

And now for my personal opinion..

I personally played the PS3 and the graphics were absolutely beautiful. Its like watching football in hd for the first time. That being said, the Wii will not have these graphics, ever. But what it will have is better gameplayer coming, mainly, from the new wiimotes.

We all have contrasting opinons but lets keep the flaming down. Please.

I completely agree I was watching some direct-feed of Red Steel and Call Of Duty 3 and the graphics were terrible. I know, I know your saying gameplay over graphics, right? Well honestly, some gamecube games looked better than some of the launch titles. Although Nintendo did create an amazing experience with this controller, the graphics lack so bad the gameplay can barely make up for the graphics. I mean, it would be truly revolutional if Nintendo made their console nearly or as powerful as the Xbox 360 or PS3, great gameplay and graphics, but no, Nintendo lacks the graphics this generation. Even in Red Steel, there is like 3 swings you can do based on my experience with many direct feed videos, how fun is that? It's just my opinion, flame me if you want.

Try the Wii yourself and you'll see. Red Steel graphics aren't bad, it's just CoD3 and Farcry dont' relaly show off what the Wii can really do

Rand said:
All you wii people...dont flame this dude just because he is personally disapointed in the wii. You make yourselves look like idiots. He hasnt done anything expect post his opinion. All of you are posting your opinions. Should he flame you for that? All of us want Wii to be a good system as we all have 300+ dollars saved up for it. We want it to be a success so we will naturally defend it. Kenn just ignore the people that flame..they are just defending their home country..

From, the mediator.

And now for my personal opinion..

I personally played the PS3 and the graphics were absolutely beautiful. Its like watching football in hd for the first time. That being said, the Wii will not have these graphics, ever. But what it will have is better gameplayer coming, mainly, from the new wiimotes.

We all have contrasting opinons but lets keep the flaming down. Please.
I agree with what you said. except the expect part :p

but we got some opinions too, maybe some people THINK he is an idiot (not me, i don't care) but that's their opinion. what was he expecting hugs and kisses? this is a Wii forum 99% of the people here like the Wii, and will defend it like you said.

Last edited:
COLDshiver said:
Try the Wii yourself and you'll see. Red Steel graphics aren't bad, it's just CoD3 and Farcry dont' relaly show off what the Wii can really do

You can say all you want but nothing's going to change the way I think about the Wii. This may seem a bit closed-minded but I know what I saw and have seen and I'm not impressed.

i remember i time when i went to a videogame store and couldnt decide wich system to buy my friends would say buy the xbox or the gamecube or the playstation 2 all of them had theyr strong points others had superior graphics other had the best library and other were just the new kid on the block but all of them had almost the same price tag.

so now i dont see the excuse of those skyrocketing prices graphics or no graphics it comes down to one thing....games
the only reason i would buy a second platform console is to be able to play a game so out of this world that only is playable in another console or it has something so unique i have to have another console.....sure great graphic doesent hurts one ego but once u get past all the glitter and glamour all u can remember is how tough the game was how the game separated from other games how many times did u play the game even tought u finished it because it was just so damn cool or how many great endings did the game had to reward u for playng so damn long that u forgot what sleep is .

that my friends is what a game is all about after a couple of days of playing the graphics goes into a second plane to gameplay and videogame content

sure graphics are important its not like the Wii sports the graphics of a gigapet key chain but if we keep concentrating in graphics in the end we will have to purchase a videogame monster console that can power up at least 5 countries and the power of those power hungry consoles will leave us bald and unable to conceive children because of the radiation of those mega powerfull consoles
in the end it will leaves us broke and have daily inspection of the U.N. in our room
because of the nuclear threat.

Im not going to try reading your post zrad..your grammar completely sucks.

i don't think this guy realizes wii is not suppose to be a graphical powerhouse

While I do respect the OP's honesty, I am once again amazed at how many people take offense to his kind of post.

His lengthy prose was descriptive in saying everything we've already heard. EVERYONE, including Nintendo fanboys, knows the weaknesses of the Wii - we embrace it. People like the OP are a little more hardcore in their gaming and there's nothing wrong with that. While everyone will have something to say about price/power/hardware/etc. and it's always been this way.

We cherish the originality, and love that Nintendo isn't wasting time fighting for the horsepower needy niche. There are lots of people disappointed like the OP, but Nintendo isn't exactly targeting people like that. Great thread BTW, keep posting.

TIsk Tisk Tisk...
The creator of this posts is wrong!
The Wii is like a 2- 3x gc with a completley new type of controller! And game play. Rewind back before the release of ps3 and 360, people were satisified with the graphics... We have gotten past ps1 and n64 and Nintendo thought the graphics Wii powers are good enough. If you check out madden for the Wii you will see improvement. The improovement is touched up graphics and extremley well thoguht out gameplay.
Nintendo basicly invented the controller that ps3 and 360 use today.
Now they have done it again. The nintendo Wii gets the gamer connected with the game in a way that the other systems can't. These high power graphics are nice eye candy but that effect starts to fade. Then its about the gameplay. This is were the ball is in nintendo's court. Then think about the virtual console. Free internet browsing. This all equals fun. This fun is at half the price of the other two systems!
What is there to ***** about!?
The controller price? Big deal its 10 dollars more expensive than the 360 controller. Im not sure about the ps3 controler since they decide to copy after the Wii.
Either way you have got nothing to complain about, we have been on the net we all know the Wii was not aiming for the graphics of the other consoles. So it really sounds dumb to complain. Im not complainig about the 360 not having as high tech of a controller as the Wii. Why would any one complain about the Wii not having the graphics?
Lets be smart people. Lets enjoy this generation of gaming.
Im favoring the wii and 360, I think the ps3 is to expensive. It graphics are to close 2 the 360's and I do not want a blue ray player...

Last edited:
Wait a second, you are saying the majority of hardcore gamers go to the graphically superior?

Explain the PS2.

zraductus said:
i remember i time when i went to a videogame store and couldnt decide wich system to buy my friends would say buy the xbox or the gamecube or the playstation 2 all of them had theyr strong points others had superior graphics other had the best library and other were just the new kid on the block but all of them had almost the same price tag.

so now i dont see the excuse of those skyrocketing prices graphics or no graphics it comes down to one thing....games
the only reason i would buy a second platform console is to be able to play a game so out of this world that only is playable in another console or it has something so unique i have to have another console.....sure great graphic doesent hurts one ego but once u get past all the glitter and glamour all u can remember is how tough the game was how the game separated from other games how many times did u play the game even tought u finished it because it was just so damn cool or how many great endings did the game had to reward u for playng so damn long that u forgot what sleep is .

that my friends is what a game is all about after a couple of days of playing the graphics goes into a second plane to gameplay and videogame content

sure graphics are important its not like the Wii sports the graphics of a gigapet key chain but if we keep concentrating in graphics in the end we will have to purchase a videogame monster console that can power up at least 5 countries and the power of those power hungry consoles will leave us bald and unable to conceive children because of the radiation of those mega powerfull consoles
in the end it will leaves us broke and have daily inspection of the U.N. in our room
because of the nuclear threat.

I think the whole nuclear threat thing is a bit too dramatic, don't you think?

Nintendo basicly invented the controller that ps3 and 360 use today.

Nope, the PS1 did.

Scholarship

The original poster writes well and articulates "his" views well. Unfortunately, everything he has said about the Wii, it has been said before by someone else.

In good scholarship, the writer adds to existing arguments or even comes up with a new one by examing two separate arguments.

All I see here is the same old tired regurgitation of criticisms.

I posted somewhere (not sure where) why graphics were not important after a certain level of realism.

Cognitive film theory studies the effects of films on viewers. Why do we react to film as we would to similar situations in real life? Why do scary movies make us jump? Why do we cry when we witness a celluloid tragedy?

Film is only 24 frames per second. It is blurry and has soft edges. The look of film is anything but realistic. So why does it affect us as if it were real? The answer is simple. It is close enough. We don't need 400 frames per second. We don't need to witness the actual event to be affected emotionally or physiologically by it.

Having said this, viewers tend to prefer film over high definition. Filmmakers are always comparing HD with film. Which is better!? The argument continues. Many people say it is like apples and oranges. You can't compare the two.

High definiton is sharp and real. The colors are vivid and life like. There may come a day (very soon) when HD is numerically superior to film. Will people still prefer film? What do you prefer: the look of a soap opera or the look of a film?

As I am a filmmaker, I use the argument of cognitive film theory that graphics are unimportant after a certain level. Realism is . . . not necessarily better or efficient.

Please add some new arguments or perspectives rather than vomiting out old criticisims and ideas.

Last edited:
Also, I would like to add . . . the Wii allows for a $7 profit (or so). The other consoles lose money.

I agree that the games should be less. I feel no anger towards a company for making a profit at the get go. If they do, they shouldn't try to make such a large profit on the games.

Back