When you beat the game: Did you use a guide?

I used a guide twice, both in Toy Time Galaxy (once at the beginning of the first mission, and once towards the middle of the last mission)

Atomheart said:
I don't see why anyone would need to use a guide with this game. Not only is it ridiculously easy, but I don't see how a guide would really help. Everything is pretty straight forward.

I agree it's straight forward thus far but I'm just starting out with 4 stars.
I do have the guide and I have looked at it but the info was wrong.
It stated that you had to hit Dino of the new egg galaxy 3 times and I found out it was 4 times.

I have the guide because I like to have all available resources when playing.

I have a guide, but never used it, until the very end, so i didnt have to take the time figuring stuff out, but its pretty staright-forward.

I have to first admit that I use the guide any time I am stuck. In my ways I have a looooot of fun with the game. I get to play the wii only about 4 hours in a week and Mario is all I play these days. I am not very good in all my controls but I am improving and I am enjoying the game in my own way.

For many comments it is said why use a guide for this game when everything is so easy. Not the case with me. So I use the guide atleast 50% of the time and I have to admit that I am having fun. I wish I had more time to play this game and if that was the case I would not have gone to the guide as often as I do now.

Anyways in the 1 year that I have had the wii (this is the first game console that I have after I played the atari when I was a kid) Mario Galaxy is the best game that i have really enjoyed and think was fully worth my $50 (of course Wii sports).

I guess this is exactly why wii is so successful since for casual gamers like me it is a lot of fun.

Any ways sorry for the long talk...bottom line...Yes i use the guide and Yes i love this game and yes i have a lot of fun.

59 starts to date

I only have 61 stars so far, and haven't even thought about using a guide. At this point in the game, most things are pretty straightforward.

wait after you get all 120 with mario theres more for luigi??? or am i misunderstanding something?

Didn't use a guide once in SMG but every Zelda game I have played (except Wind Waker) I have used a guide. Didn't take the fun out of it but actually made it more enjoyable because I didn't get stuck in one of the many puzzles and put the game down.

Guide?

Been playing SMG for a while now, and I'm gonna go ahead and say that it pretty much mirrors Mario 64. Is it possible to get all 120 stars without outside help? Yes. In fact if you put your mind to it I think you could do it without too much "head bashing against wall" action.
However for the non-pro gamer, its usually better to be able to say "What the heck do I do with that Gold chomp?" and spend about 2 minutes online, rather than spend 30 minutes trying every possible action, path, and probably dying at least once.

So just as with M64, it is very possible to fully complete this game without any form of guide, but not everyone will want to go through the trouble of exploring every corner and secret. So don't hate on people who get hints, because at some point during your life, you're gonna get stuck on a game, and it'll be straight to the net for you.

That being said, I still have no idea what to do with that Gold Chomp... although I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. :smilewinkgrin:

!S

i had to use a guide to find some hidden stars, etc. but all in all i didnt really use one

i referenced a guide for 2 things, other than that everything was done on my own, 100%

When I bought the game, I also bought the guide with it. I agree this game is fairly easy and can be done without the guide. But I like having this resource readily available when playing, mainly because hubby will be on the internet when I am playing SMG and I can't get to an online guide when I need it.

Back