Where's the Metroid love?

Transfixed

WiiChat Member
Oct 7, 2006
So I've been a regular visitor and reader at this site for a while now, skimming the forums, checking updates etc... and I have to wonder:
Where the $#%* is the hype, the excitement, the ANYTHING about Metroid Prime 3?!??! I mean come ON, we're all drooling and frothing at the mouth over SSBB, and all hyped up for SM Galaxy, and these games don't come out till the end of the year! Prime 3 is MERE WEEKS AWAY PEOPLE!!!
Just look at the permanent game threads under "gaming"
We've got one for Twilight Princess, SSBB, even one for Mario Strikers, but NOT for the supposedly massively anticipated new Metroid?
What's WITH you people, does no one care? I'm practically pulling my hair out having to wait till the end of August, and all seems dreadfully quiet here regarding what could well be the best game for the Wii. Ever. It's possible....
SO - am I missing something? Where's the frickin' METROID LOVE, PEOPLE!!?!??! :yikes:

Here's some love for MP3! Gotta remember, these are difficult games and alot of the people on this forum are too young to get into that. Also, not having Wifi has disappointed alot of people as well. It does seem to be lacking some hype around here, maybe that will change in the coming weeks.

i've played and beatened Metroid Prime, Metroid Fusion, and Metroid Zero Mission, and in my opinion i'm not hyped because there isn't enough action. most of it is backtracking.
However, i did love fighting the tough/fun bosses, like Omega Pirate, Thardus, Mechanical Security Bot, The BioOrganic Manta Ray from Fusion, and all forms of Ridley.
When i saw my friend play Metroid Prime 2, though, i was thinking, it's great that the worlds are getting bigger, but then there's too much jumping around on platforms, too many puzzles. I was bored often whenever i saw him play, and he needed a strategy guide to figure how to get to the next part of the game. If mp3 kept going in this direction, i'm pretty sure i'd rather not bother with it.
all i want from this one is more challenge, and more obvious goals.

ya i might pick it up but no online play hurts it and no co op i mean thats a joke

here another question #where is the SMG love the mario kart love etc but you see the most hype comes from SSBB just now and no nintendo staff memebr can change that with a few words

im hyped up for it and i havent heard almost anything about mario galaxy, its not that we r not hyped up its that they havent made a whole thread section for it

kevbomac05 said:
ya i might pick it up but no online play hurts it and no co op i mean thats a joke

:yikes:

who cares about online, metroid prime has always been about you exploring the world for your self, not like the ds version where everyone buys it to play online and skip the single player

i, for one, am glad it doesnt have online, cause when u make a game online, it lowers the single player capabilities, and for a metroid prime game i want the most i can get

and yes, i am also hyped for mp3 and cant wait till Aug 27

There have been many threads about this game, so trust there is a lot of love for it.

I for one am heavily dissapointed. Call me whatever you like, but I want online play. I had always expected an in-depth story mode, so theres nothing to hype about. No surprises...

I have beaten Metroid Prime 1 and 2 and they were my favorite GC games, aside from Brawl. I WILL NOT be buying MP3 on release date and probably wont get it until the price comes down. I'm simply not too excited for it, I can wait. I DO however need one good single player game to hold me over. No, this wont be Super Mario Galaxy either, it'll be RE4. Call me crazy but I am saving MP3 and Mario Galaxy to buy when there is a game drought. Hopefully Strikers and RE4 will hold me over until Brawl, then Mario Kart. I wont be getting MP3 or SMG for a very, very long time.

I don't care a crap about online. Online is fun, but to me a good 1-player game is awsome.

People obbsess over online games and I don't see why. Really, I'm not getting Brawl because of the online, I am getting it because I've seen videos of it, and it seems fun. Super Mario Galaxy just looks incredible. I can't wait for the game. Super Mario Galaxy will be really fun, and I can see myself playing it all day. My favorite game is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and that's a 1-player game. Really the only reason people get Halo is because of all the violence and the online. I don't see why people think Violent games are fun. That's the reason GTA is so popular, it's all about violence. I like all the Mario games, and they don't have to be very violent to be good.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic.

I might get Metroid Prime 3, and I agree that it's not getting enough attention. Same with Super Mario Galaxy. All the hype is on Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Why? because it has online. Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 need more attention

Nfanboy said:
I might get Metroid Prime 3, and I agree that it's not getting enough attention. Same with Super Mario Galaxy. All the hype is on Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Why?
Replay Value, Depth, Online.

^Halo and Metroid could not be more different.

Mind explaining your reasoning?

Ye I agree, when there is online there is so much more to a game. Once you beat the single player you still have hours of fun in the online play. Also I think the fact that it is a slow shooter as in not much action kinda disapoints me, since I did own an xbox before I am use to game like Halo. Well when it come out I will decide, I mite still buy it but I really wanna try the Metriod series before I do.

Back