which one to get ... ?

sam13_90

Mystic Master Sam
Mar 10, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
1952-6600-8624-7120
My dad got about 2000 tax refund back from the government and is going to use it for Christmas presents. i have asked non-stop for an xbox for about a month now, and he has finally caved in and said he will get me one.

we went out today to get one(he said that he would hide it and not let me have it until Christmas). We went to Walmart, Bestbuy, and Ebgames. i really want an elite because it will be my first xbox and i like the look of black better than white(darn Nintendo not making black wii's)

all three stores did not have a single elite but have more than 4 copies each of the xbox one.

i think i might tell me dad to buy me the halo one because it is also cheaper. **i have looked at the floated thread already**

i am asking everyone here to tell me, which one is better, please dont tell me that the elite is better because of the 120 hdd.

i need to know, if i get an elite, i will most likely get a splitter to turn the hdmi signal into a dvi-d signal so i can play it on my computer monitor.(my tv is not a flat screen, its a tube tv and only has composite input(red, white, yellow)

which one would be better for my home, which one is the better deal?

well the elite is a better deal, your basically paying for a green paint job and cool controllers if you buy the Halo 360. personally, id go with the elite. 20gb just wont last you. if you want to buy movies, games, download demos/videos its going to fill u quick. im already considering getting a second 20gb hard drive.

Difference between the Xbox 360 Elite and the Halo 3 Xbox 360

Halo 3 Xbox 360:

Cost: Around $400.00

Features:
This new Special Edition contains these components:

* Halo 3 Special Edition Console
* Halo 3 Special Edition Wireless Controller
* Halo 3 Special Edition 20GB Hard Drive
* Halo 3 Special Edition Wired Headset
* Halo 3 Special Edition Gamer Pics and Theme (Exclusive download via Xbox LIVE)
* Component HD AV Cable
* Ethernet Cable
* HDMI Port
* Play & Charge Kit
* Xbox LIVE Silver Membership
* One-month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership

Xbox 360 Elite:

Cost: $449.99

* Xbox 360 Elite console: The console is equipped with an HDMI port, HDMI cable, a black wireless controller and black Xbox LIVE® headset. It also comes with three powerful core processors, 16:9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound, and DVD playback with upscaling capabilities right outof the box.
* Xbox 360 120GB hard drive: The huge 120GB detachable hard drive allows gamers to save their games and store television shows, movies, music, pictures, trailers, extra game levels, demos and other content available from Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Also sold separatley.
* Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (black): The sleek black finish of this high-performance wireless controller matches the style of the Elite Console. It has a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of 30 hours on two AA batteries. Also sold separatley.
* Xbox 360 headset (black): Now available in black, the headset lets you strategize while playing together online or trade taunts with your opponents. You can also send voice messages to friends on Xbox LIVE.
* Xbox 360 HDMI cable: New to Xbox 360, HDMI lets you get HD video (up to 1080p) and multichannel surround sound, all from one cable.
* Xbox LIVE Silver Membership: With this, gamers can chat with friends online, collect achievements and gamerscores, send and receive voice and text messages, and access Xbox LIVE Marketplace content such as game demos, HD movies and TV, as well as the best in downloadable games from Xbox LIVE Arcade.
* One-month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold: An Xbox LIVE Gold Membership provides a complete online entertainment experience. Subscribe to this premium service and engage in competitive online multiplayer matches, tailor your matchmaking via feedback and accomplishments, chat with more than one person at a time, and take advantage of unique privileges in Xbox LIVE Marketplace and Xbox LIVE Arcade.

Basically if I were you I would go with the Xbox 360 Elite considering that it is only $50.00 more than the Halo 3 Console and that it comes with a 120 GB HD instead of a 20 GB HD.

I would also recommend the Elite over the Halo edition Xbox 360 for the reasons listed above, the 120 gig hard drive more than makes up for the 50 dollar difference, seeing as how by themselves the 20 gig sells for $99.99 and the 120 gig sells for $179.99 (Best Buy). Also I personally think the Halo edition looks terrible, that color is hideous.

Last edited:
You were going to get the Elite because you like Black more than White?

:wtf: :shocked: :yikes:

I agree that is not a good reason to get a system, but the black is a big draw for me as well, but I'm stuck with my white 360 and my white Wii, oh well, there are worse things. Pretty soon Sony is going to release a white PS3 :D.

of course the black console was not the only reason i liked the elite, i liked that it had the 120 gig hard drive, i just wondered if i would have to use it.

i also liked the fact that black is a better color than that (almost) sickly green.

i am also thinking of waiting till Christmas to get it.does anyone know if the new 65 mm chips will be out by christmas?

Game stop has an Elite holiday bundle for $450 right now with Forza 2 and Marvel alliance something. I figure you save $79 on the bigger HD, $50 for the HDMI cable, $100 for the games and it comes in black for free. That's saving your Dad $179 over buying the halo version and everything seperate. Or $200 over the Pro version. BTW I just ordered one for myself, can't wait until it gets here in 5-10 business days!

JerryC said:
Probably but I heard they already included them on the Halo Xbox's (if they're still seeling those)
I don't see why they would still be selling any with out the new chip but hey what do I know about makeing billions of dollars? Lol

Probably just withholding regulars with the 65mm for the holiday season and released the Halo ones because well.. Halo was in September lol

Yeah but they would save a ton of heart ache buy releasing it as soon as possible that way they spend less money and man hours repairing the broke back 360's, since there wouldbe less of them out there.

that would make the most sense, but as we all most likely know, Microsoft hasn't made the best decisions lately. i mean ... vista ... cmon Microsoft!

also chewtoy, thanks for telling me about the Xbox bundle. unfortantly, they wont ship that item to canada, and thats where i live.

Back