Which Professional/Freelance Artist(s) Inspires You?

Gikoku Harakami

ミュージック
Oct 25, 2007
どこかに日本でか。
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
As the title says, who out there inspires you?

For me..

Jason Chan

images.jpg

I greatly enjoy his realistic Anime art-direction, I'm definitely not as good as him.. But I'm still practicing.

mom2.jpg
boy.jpg
scene2_visions.jpg
zombieplayground.jpg
junk-angel.jpg
cocktailparty.jpg
There are other artists out there that fascinate me, but i just wanted to get this thread going already. Will add more later.

Hmm, off the top of my head...

Alex Grey

I love the way he uses colors and human anatomy in all of his artwork. I would love to be able to create something like these:
alex-grey2.jpg

Alex_Grey_parabola1.jpg

Alex_Gray.jpg

M.C. Escher

mcescher.jpg

esc-e6.jpg

mc_escher02.jpg

Awesome thread....how is there only one reply?????

Im practically inspired everyday, I love to browse designers galleries and get a feel of what they are doing. A few of my favorites are:

Edgar Degas
A French artist from the 1800's. He is regarded as one of the founders of Impressionism. I get that raw feel from him, smudge feel to put into GFX terms.

538px-Edgar_Germain_Hilaire_Degas_021.jpg
800px-Edgar_Germain_Hilaire_Degas_004.jpg

Alberto Seveso
An Italian graphic design. i see a lot of myself in Seveso. He cant draw and is in love with photo manipulation. He became famous recently for his ESPN cover of Michael Phelps. His style i can seriously stare for hours. Love it!

phelps_01.jpg
569201233868397.jpg

Heiko Klug
A German graphic designer. Klug is also known for his photo manipulation, which IMO are just ****in GODLY!!!

hydro.jpg
RidersOneTheStorm.jpg

Marek Okon
A Digital Painter from Poland. Now this man i am soooooooo jealous of. The things he paints on a computer and makes them seem so real, its amazing.

3z.jpg
4.jpg

Oh god. My inspiration as a cartoonist is the Spaz himself. I've basically took his style, and enfused my own habits and techniques I learned over the years to make a unique style of my own. If you're familiar with his work and then view my work you can definatly see I draw a lot of inspiration from him.
I get complemented a lot for drawing hands so well. I have Spaz to thank for that. I was horrible at hands and so one day I looked at his stuff and drew a whole notebook just full of hands till I got it down! :lol:

http://archive.sonic-hq.net/images/scans/archie/large/ss7poster.jpg

Last edited:
Back