Which Zelda to Buy?

selowitch

WiiChat Member
May 17, 2007
I've never played Zelda and would like to. I'm thinking of picking up the GameCube version of Twilight Princess to play on my Wii, because for longer games I like a more traditional control scheme.

Am I out of my mind, or do I have some company here?
Are the older versions of Zelda, such as those found in the Collector's Edition, worthwhile for Wii owners?

i say get the wii one. with the aiming your bow and stuff its really fun. and u dont even have to stand up for zelda either. u can sit down and play it. u can swing your arm in a chair

Shoko said:
i say get the wii one. with the aiming your bow and stuff its really fun. and u dont even have to stand up for zelda either. u can sit down and play it. u can swing your arm in a chair
Sounds good to me. What about Orcarina of Time? Should I get the GC version or VC version?

Last edited:
I think all Zeldas are worth a play. whichever one you pick up it will be worth it.
I think the old ones are worth a play but there nothing wrong with starting on the newest addition of Zelda

You can't play Zelda : OoT on Gc only On Wii - VC :)

Jan22, You can.
You can buy the collectors edition for the GC which has them all on [Apart from TP obviously]

Wii_Smurf said:
Jan22, You can.
You can buy the collectors edition for the GC which has them all on [Apart from TP obviously]
Aha. Now the question is, assuming I only wish to spend the money for one game, do I run out and by the Collector's Edition or do I forget that and get TP for the Wii?

selowitch said:
Sounds good to me. What about Ocarina of Time? Should I get the GC version or VC version?
yea, if u want to. orcarina of time is really fun and is kinda long so itll last you a long time.

I agree with Shoko you should definitely get the wii version its not that much movement involved and the controls add a lot to the game in my opinion

majoras mask is always fun too but to get a feel for the style of gameplay and thegeneral likeness of the zelda games i think oot would be your best bet.

selowitch said:
Aha. Now the question is, assuming I only wish to spend the money for one game, do I run out and by the Collector's Edition or do I forget that and get TP for the Wii?

I'd rather buy a disc with all the old ones on than the new one for the Wii,
Don't get me wrong TP is soooo good, But I had the collectors edition awhile ago [Borrowed it from my mate] and it's good to have 3 or 4 old classics on one disc.

man, just buy every zelda game lol. just do that. theyre all awesome, even the 2-D ones

Ocarina of Time was for the N64 I thought, was it redone for the GC? Anyway, it's been a while since I played a Zelda and with TP being so revolutionary, we could get used to the Wiimote, which is so cool you want to learn to master it anyway right? Link's sort is worthy of movement from our shoulders!

In your situation, i'd go for the Collectors Edition, and then TP after completin them. Make sure to get both at some point though ^^

Back