Who else couldn't live without the homebrew channel?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewborn

The Cinephile
Aug 10, 2009
Goshen, Indiana.
Wii Online Code
1501-7886-1310-7503
I use it more than anything else on my Wii.
I download movies in .avi format and watch them on MPlayer CE.
I emulate SNES games and GBA games.
I play homebrew games and use homebrew applications...
I download cool **** with the homebrew browser...
I listen to internet radio...
I mean Jesus, the list goes on.
Buying an 8 gig SD card was the best purchase I ever made!

i miss it so much since that update i got banned from "WTF" need to formatt my wii to play wifi again but WTF i got it back playing 70+ GBA games and Quake online im happy
homebreew online works its weird

I had it, had like oh 20 games for nes, 15 for snes, 30 for genesis, and 9 for gba. and like 5 or 6 homebrew games, like operation and helium boy and stuff, and the DVDX player and stuff. :( I fugin updated so now i don't got homebrew, but i'll get it back someday I enjoy playing doom and quake w/the wii controllers ****ing awesome.. and i loved the point and shoot feature on the nes, snes and genesis. Someday i'll get it back...Stupid Nintendo, the homebrew channel is only enhancing the wii. a girl from canada and i were talking about homebrew on ACCF last January, she said that homebrew is only enhancing the wii nd she is right in my opinion.

i miss it so much since that update i got banned from "WTF" need to formatt my wii to play wifi again but WTF i got it back playing 70+ GBA games and Quake online im happy
homebreew online works its weird

whats WTF ? thought it only meant What the F**k.

When you update your system channel, it doesn't get rid of your homebrew channel.
If you update to 4.0 or 4.1, all it does is make the Twilight Hack not work, which doesn't matter anyway because the bannerbomb exploit is easier and better.
If you updated it it shouldn't have deleted your homebrew channel...

And have you gotten quake to work online?
How?

this is an illegal hack/channel. anyone caught using it will get the 20120 ban from the internet. nintendo is not happy about the people using this to hack, nor the illegal roms being used. still a cool channel, but definitely not legal and i don't think it's worth it to be banned.

I use it more than anything else on my Wii.
I download movies in .avi format and watch them on MPlayer CE.
I emulate SNES games and GBA games.
I play homebrew games and use homebrew applications...
I download cool **** with the homebrew browser...
I listen to internet radio...
I mean Jesus, the list goes on.
Buying an 8 gig SD card was the best purchase I ever made!

Cool taste in music/movies/games.

you play call of duty?

this is an illegal hack/channel. anyone caught using it will get the 20120 ban from the internet. nintendo is not happy about the people using this to hack, nor the illegal roms being used. still a cool channel, but definitely not legal and i don't think it's worth it to be banned.

It is perfectly legal to install homebrew channel to load backups of your games, and any data that can be played on it like music/movies thatr you own. I don't know what country you live in but I'm not in communist Russia.

It is perfectly legal to install homebrew channel to load backups of your games, and any data that can be played on it like music/movies thatr you own. I don't know what country you live in but I'm not in communist Russia.
ok. well i talked to nintendo of america today, and they told me that it is illegal. they also told me about the 20120 ban code. they said that anyone caught using the channel will be banned from using the internet on the wii. they are tracking the mac addresses of people using it to hack games to cheat. also if you do a system update with the channel on your hard drive you get banned.

Last edited:
ok. well i talked to nintendo of america today, and they told me that it is illegal. they also told me about the 20120 ban code. they said that anyone caught using the channel will be banned from using the internet on the wii. they are tracking the mac addresses of people using it to hack games to cheat. also if you do a system update with the channel on your hard drive you get banned.

There is no law against using a piece of technology you own to play backup copies of the games you own to prevent the disce getting scratched.

also, you can manually update :p

i dont use it to cheat online, until today i didnt even know you could, and have no interest in cheating online.

Personally, I haven't used it recently but it did satisfy me for awhile when I was having a drought with my wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back