Who said Ppl wouldnt buy Dated Graphics Again!?!?

CyanRussel

2062-8990-6509 GET READY!
Mar 19, 2007
In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
Wii Online Code
3760-9059-7725-6846
Though lacking in sex appeal, last-gen graphics tech continues to shine in U.S. video games sales, according to official NPD data released on Thursday.

PS3 sales were ahead of Xbox 360 in Feb., but behind both Wii and PS2
On the hardware side, Nintendo continues to dominate both home and portable system sales, with the DS remaining the top-selling platform in America followed by Wii.

The seven-year old PS2 sold an impressive 350,000 units, enough to make it the third best selling system last month and ahead of both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in that order.

Top-selling platforms were as follows:

Nintendo DS - 587.6K units
Nintendo Wii - 432K units
PlayStation 2 - 351.8K units
PlayStation 3 - 280.8K units
Xbox 360 - 254.6K units
PlayStation Portable - 243.1K units

"I was most surprised by the PS2 hardware sales numbers this month," said NPD analyst Anita Frazier. "While it certainly has earned its spot among the now-gen slate of console systems because of it staying power in the marketplace, the fact that it realized such significant growth this month is really a testament to its broad adoption."

Top selling U.S. games for Feb. 2008

(PS2 still doing good....there talk that wii would sell any!!! I guess that put the STFU on ppls mouths...)

*Your Opinions on this matter*:lol:

Fun > graphics

You know what my friends were playing last time we went to visit them? PAC-MAN. On the Wii (VC).

Apparently there are plenty of people that sat and waited hoping the PS2 would get supper cheap before they picked it up. Now not only is it super cheep because its "last gen" but its also highly supported still because Sony is still a little ways away from letting PS3 run on its own.

Even with the perk in PS3 sales this month, I would be suprised if Sony ever said its good bye's to the PS2 if it keeps selling like this.
I mean MY GOD who couldn't have a PS2 that really wanted one after 8 years! Maybe they are onto something with a 10 year lifespan. It might not be the best sales in the buisness with this strategy but heck its still more than enough to keep you in the buisness it seems.

The future gaming market with consoles.

Hardcore "make it hard make it the same"
Casual "something fun and appealing"
Cheep "waiting for the 7th price drop"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
I like how game developers are able to make great looking games on less powerful machines. I love cell shading and the blooming effect FTW!

or theyre the cheapest and appeal to casual gamers.

but if one were to choose ps2 > wii.

but are you saying out dated graphics dont mean anything? you guys should want good graphics. yeah super mario bros 3 was awesome but how could they have done galaxy with those graphics? remember that game that half and a quarter of you guys claim is the "best game ever mades!"

so keep thinking dated graphics are alright and youll be seeing 20 year old graphics on the Wii 3, cause its all about fun, right?

Sovieto said:
so keep thinking dated graphics are alright and youll be seeing 20 year old graphics on the Wii 3, cause its all about fun, right?

Well if your gonna go by the facts "aka numbers" instead of you own opinion on it, Then YES, Fun seems to be more important than graphics. Atleast to the majority of gamers.

Everyone has a different view of whats important to them. Thats easy to see based on the sales of consoles variety of games and wide range of demographics associated with each of them.

Thats assuming all games with great graphics suck...

Because I had a shitload of fun playing Mass Effect and blasting Saren into oblivion.

Ironically there are more shitty games on the Wii with bad graphics than the 360/PS3 with good graphics lol

Anyway, this news has already been posted like 2 days ago. Maybe yesterday...

T3kNi9e said:
Thats assuming all games with great graphics suck...

Because I had a shitload of fun playing Mass Effect and blasting Saren into oblivion.

Ironically there are more shitty games on the Wii with bad graphics than the 360/PS3 with good graphics lol

Anyway, this news has already been posted like 2 days ago. Maybe yesterday...

I'm not assuming anything. I'm just saying it as it is for the majority of video game consumers.
Again this is your own opinion of games and everyones will be different. Fun is fun no matter how it looks, and its subjective to each individual person. No ammount of good graphics will fix a bad game and no amount of motion control will fix a bad game if its not fun to you. These things are simply perks to add to an already fun concept, if it isn't fun it doesnt matter what it has.

But just based on overall sales and if you break it down each individual game's sales. Fun is the key factor no amount of eye candy or waggle will save a game.

wezeles said:
Well if your gonna go by the facts "aka numbers" instead of you own opinion on it, Then YES, Fun seems to be more important than graphics. Atleast to the majority of gamers.

Everyone has a different view of whats important to them. Thats easy to see based on the sales of consoles variety of games and wide range of demographics associated with each of them.
thats where this post is wrong. the reason these consoles are selling is because of the soccer moms buying them cause its the cheapest, or the non-gamers. remember, casual gamers? yes there are gamers but everyone whos a gamer and already wanted a ps2 owns one and the wii is being advertised as a strict casual gamers console. seriously, there were advertisements for the wii all through out my mom's home improvement magazines. -_-

Sovieto said:
thats where this post is wrong. the reason these consoles are selling is because of the soccer moms buying them cause its the cheapest, or the non-gamers. remember, casual gamers? yes there are gamers but everyone whos a gamer and already wanted a ps2 owns one and the wii is being advertised as a strict casual gamers console. seriously, there were advertisements for the wii all through out my mom's home improvement magazines. -_-

A gamer: is anyone who plays video games.

Be it a casual,harcore,non-gamer "which is a bad name for them, they should be called noobs if anything because if you go by the true deffinition the second you play a video game your a gamer". Hardcore? No obviously. Still Hardcore gamers are the minority, thats pretty easy to see now with sales numbers. Not many people have huge librarys,wide selections, and large budgets for video games overall to be in the Hardcore Gamer category.

It's pretty petty when the best argument agenst it is your own personal view of a deffinition of a word. :lol: :lol:

wezeles said:
A gamer: is anyone who plays video games.

Be it a casual,harcore,non-gamer "which is a bad name for them, they should be called noobs if anything because if you go by the true deffinition the second you play a video game your a gamer". Hardcore? No obviously. Still Hardcore gamers are the minority, thats pretty easy to see now with sales numbers. Not many people have huge librarys,wide selections, and large budgets for video games overall to be in the Hardcore Gamer category.

It's pretty petty when the best argument agenst it is your own personal view of a deffinition of a word. :lol: :lol:
k.
we all know what a gamer is and youre not one the second you play a game. are you a baseball player if youve only played baseball once?
if you cant expand yourself into 21st vocabulary replace non-gamers in my post with casual gamers.

A average person does not see a casual gamer as a "Gamer". Even casual gamers themselves do not seem them selves as gamers. "Gamers" are usually referred people who spend a good deal of time playing games and/or learning them.

My dad plays games every once in a while and he would never consider himself a gamer, nor would I consider him a gamer.

Hell my mom even played Mario Bros on NES years ago, does that make her a gamer?

Sovieto said:
k.
we all know what a gamer is and youre not one the second you play a game. are you a baseball player if youve only played baseball once?
if you cant expand yourself into 21st vocabulary replace non-gamers in my post with casual gamers.

Well technically your a Baseball player if your getting paid to be one, same goes with every sport. But I know what you mean by making that comparison.

I don't know why we are talking visuals here though. Sure Wii's are dated, but they can still look decent. Well Nintendo themselves knows how to make it decent I guess, but still.

With better games coming out for the Wii, those people who were unsure about buying one may go out and purchase one now. Casual Gamers may not consider themselves as gamers, but they are still there buying and playing the Wii and were the reason for the Wii's success in 2007. Now in 2008 its time for Nintendo to start doing better Software wise and start selling consoles based on the "good" titles coming out like Mario Kart, Brawl etc.

Back