Who said Ppl wouldnt buy Dated Graphics Again!?!?

Before this descends into another fanboy graphics v gameplay or ps3 v whatever or even whether you can even call yourself a gamer or not, I'd just like to point out that these games systems are meant for entertainment - fun!

Whether it's a quick blast on a mini-game collection or several hours puzzle solving in Zelda, the Wii is in an enviable position in that it is accessible and attractive to a huge age range, and the games reflect that.

To knock it for having casual games seems pretty dumb, especially as we're seeing more serious and quality games coming to the Wii.

I'm not dissing the PS3 either I've had plenty of fun on Fifa 2008 etc, but for me now, I feel that simple button mashing is fine for some games but I've seen the future and it's wiimote shaped ;)

Neil

Last edited:
hencam[uk] said:
Before this descends into another fanboy graphics v gameplay or ps3 v whatever or even whether you can even call yourself a gamer or not, I'd just like to point out that these games systems are meant for entertainment - fun!

Whether it's a quick blast on a mini-game collection or several hours puzzle solving in Zelda, the Wii is in an enviable position in that it is accessible and attractive to a huge age range, and the games reflect that.

To knock it for having casual games seems pretty dumb, especially as we're seeing more serious and quality games coming to the Wii.

I'm not dissing the PS3 either I've had plenty of fun on Fifa 2008 etc, but for me now, I feel that simple button mashing is fine for some games but I've seen the future and it's wiimote shaped ;)

Neil

I agree, no matter the console they're all made for fun. I don't know why some people (who tend to be Wii only owners) act like 360/PS3 is inferior compared to the Wii when it comes to fun factor or gameplay. I think Wii-mote was a huge sucess and its a nice way to play. But IMO im not sure if it will actually be the future. Because there's still ALOT of people who prefer using the controller. This can be seen in the sales of other consoles... Wii is doing well, but it's not miles ahead of anyone. Which is why alot of people say there is no clear winner.

Im extremely curious to see what Nintendo has up its sleeve for the next console and how Sony/Microsoft plans on countering it.

T3kNi9e said:
I agree, no matter the console they're all made for fun. I don't know why some people (who tend to be Wii only owners) act like 360/PS3 is inferior compared to the Wii when it comes to fun factor or gameplay. I think Wii-mote was a huge sucess and its a nice way to play. But IMO im not sure if it will actually be the future. Because there's still ALOT of people who prefer using the controller. This can be seen in the sales of other consoles... Wii is doing well, but it's not miles ahead of anyone. Which is why alot of people say there is no clear winner.

Im extremely curious to see what Nintendo has up its sleeve for the next console and how Sony/Microsoft plans on countering it.

Too true! I think that a lot of Wii owners (maybe myself included) are a bit suspicious when topics like this crop up because there has been a lot of flaming from non-wii owners about the graphics etc...

There are great games on all the systems, and hopefully this will continue for many years to come!

HOWEVER! I have to also add that it's not only Wii owners who are suspicious - I was pretty appalled when I was researching whether a Wii was right for me and I checked through the reviews on Amazon... It had a few poor "1 star" reviews and when I read them, they said stuff like "the graphics are bad, no online, and the controller is unreliable and does not work properly", and then I would click on their other reviews and it would be all PS3 games...! They were obviously worried about something, maybe the Wii succeeding?

There really shouldn't be all this fanboy crap - I know you feel loyal to the brand you own, but it gets a bit ridiculous with some people! :)

Yea those are idiots who think their console is the best. I see it everywhere from Amazon, Gamestop to Circuit City website.

I even see some 360 owners who start to say "graphics mean nothing" when they see PS3 are starting to have better graphics. It's just so very funny how hyprocritical people are. Fanboys always downplay other consoles and hype their own.

T3kNi9e said:
Yea those are idiots who think their console is the best. I see it everywhere from Amazon, Gamestop to Circuit City website.

I even see some 360 owners who start to say "graphics mean nothing" when they see PS3 are starting to have better graphics. It's just so very funny how hyprocritical people are. Fanboys always downplay other consoles and hype their own.

I too think that Dill Pickles are better than Sweet pickles, but my grandmas pepper pickles pwn all!!

You seem to use the word hypocrite alot, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

(I too see this happen alot, but from an non-hypocritical standpoint, graphics do have effect on whether people buy games, so they must matter.)

Back