Who Won E3?

bruceleroy

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
Here are their top exclusives that was showcased at E3 2009

Microsoft
1. Project Natal - hopefully inexpensive, accurate, n gets developers support
2. Halo Reach- Can't go wrong w/ Halo unless you don't like FPS or tired of em.
3. MGS - Sony fanboys all over shed some tears.
4. L4D2 - More zombie madness
5. Alan Wake - About damn time.
6. Mass Effect 2 - Should be better than the 1st one.
7. Splinter Cell - Haven't played series b4 but this has potential.
8. Halo ODST - Seems like Metroid Prime in HD minus wiimote

Nintendo
1. Wii Sports Resort - Working motion control today.
2. Metroid - Nintendo can't get anymore hardcore than this.
3. Mario Galaxy 2 - 1st one was great but easy, this is supposed to be harder.
4. Red Steel 2 - Closest thing to slicing n shootin some1 unless uve done it b4
5. Grinder - L4D but with the Wiimote
6. No More Heroes 2 - 2 lightsabers, blood, and decapitation
7. Super Mario Bros Wii - 4 Marios running around at the same time = madness
8. Sin & Punishment 2 - Gameplay reminds me of Starfox

Sony
1. New Motion Control - HD graphics + wiimote controls
2. God of War 3 - Never wanted that demo to end.
3. Gran Turismo 5 - Best looking racing game ever.
4. Uncharted 2 - 2009 GOTY candidate
5. MAG - Did he say 200 something players?
6. FF 14 online - Sony fanboys all over shed some tears again.
7. Agent - Made by Rocktar North(GTA4)
8. The Last Guardian - That dog/eagle/fox thing looked sick, reminded me of Never Ending Story in HD.

Some would say MS won because of Natal but I think it's too early for that tech. Some say Sony won because of their exclusives but all 3 has theirs. Some say Nintendo won because they're the current leading system w/ working motion controls today and everyone else is just trying to catch up but I think that may change in a few years. I don't think anyone lost or won because all 3 systems are having an impressive E3 showing so far.

Who do you think won and why?

Last edited:
I'd say Sony. Uncharted 2 FTW!

I think it was actually Microsoft that won the conferences. They produced the most interesting (admittedly I have no interest in Halo, but their other stuff seemed at the least intriguing) that hasn't already been announced.

Nice touch from Nintendo though, showing New Super Mario for the Wii. I felt my heart lower for a moment, and then those other Mario titles, and finally with the Galaxy 2 announcement, I was actually quite happy. Also the Team Ninja Metroid: Other M came out of nowhere and it was a massive surprise. Most of the other stuff from Nintendo wasn't too exciting.

I got the feeling Sony were trying to pat themselves on the back too much with their conference, and they took too much time showing PSP games.

Overall, I think all three could have been better, but Microsoft pulled out the best surprises. Now if Nintendo showed a glimpse of the new Wii Zelda, or Starfox, or F-Zero, I think they could have potentially stole the show.

Oh, and did anyone else notice with Microsoft's Natal, how the body was meant to move as realistically as possible, until the conputer got confused and seriously mangled the avatar?!

I think it was actually Microsoft that won the conferences. They produced the most interesting (admittedly I have no interest in Halo, but their other stuff seemed at the least intriguing) that hasn't already been announced.

Nice touch from Nintendo though, showing New Super Mario for the Wii. I felt my heart lower for a moment, and then those other Mario titles, and finally with the Galaxy 2 announcement, I was actually quite happy. Also the Team Ninja Metroid: Other M came out of nowhere and it was a massive surprise. Most of the other stuff from Nintendo wasn't too exciting.

I got the feeling Sony were trying to pat themselves on the back too much with their conference, and they took too much time showing PSP games.

Overall, I think all three could have been better, but Microsoft pulled out the best surprises. Now if Nintendo showed a glimpse of the new Wii Zelda, or Starfox, or F-Zero, I think they could have potentially stole the show.

Oh, and did anyone else notice with Microsoft's Natal, how the body was meant to move as realistically as possible, until the conputer got confused and seriously mangled the avatar?!

The new Zelda Wii has been confirmed by Miyamoto. It will be released 2010 and MotionPlus compatible.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174564

Here's the reason why there's no Starfox.

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/1428...videos/sin_and_punishment2_trl_e3_060209.html

it's tough to say who won, as all three had a really good showing. wii sports resort, though... :thumbsup:

Yeah I think this one is tough to call. I think all three companies adequately solidified what their fans had been wanting to see.

Microsoft answered their fans call for something fresh and new with their current games. Mass Effect 2 looked gorgeous, Modern Warfare 2 was AMAZING!, and the fact that they have Metal Gear Rising (not sure wether or not its an exclusive) is a big plus. And they teased their fans with Project Natal, which looks pretty cool at this point.

Nintendo has finally stepped up to the plate to bring us more hardcore games. Ubisofts showing of Red Steel 2 was nothing short of breathtaking, The Conduit's new trailer was very good, Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles looks amazing. Ubisoft also announced that they will be publishing Suda 51's No More Heroes Desperate Struggle. And Nintendo's new announcments solidified 2010, with Metroid Other M and Mario Galaxy 2.

Sony stepped up to the plate hard with a good mix of fresh IPs and impressive sequels. Also its good to see that they are pushing the PSP, looking at the conference made me want one. That new game from team Ico looks good, ModNationracers looks even better than LBP, and of course Gran Turismo 5 looks amazing (They got NASCAR OMG!! EA is screwed!). Then GOD of War 3 spoke for itself and got the loudest eruption of applause I heard all night.

Because of the great mixture I would have to call SONY the winner as far as pure content level goes, but in a sense everyone won (i know it sounds corny but its true) since they appealed to and pleased their fans. Good job big three...its going to be a good year for gaming.

Who gives a **** who won, seriously??? Since when did E3 become a contest to be judged by fanboys who have nothing better to do with there paltry lives then criticize the 3 greatest entertainment companies on the planet. Who won or what won just doesn't matter, what matters is that we will continue to have great games and there are definitely a ton of great games coming out for everyone. You can say MS won or Sony won or even that Ninty won, simple fact is with the success of the Wii everyone is trying to incorporate motion control of some form in order to catch up, which is fine, that's what makes tech better. Someone creates something and someone else has an idea to make it just a bit better and in the end we all benefit. Anyway just my two cents but I really don't give a **** who won or lost, all I want are some tasty waves, a cool bud and a kick ass game to play.

Who gives a **** who won, seriously??? Since when did E3 become a contest to be judged by fanboys who have nothing better to do with there paltry lives then criticize the 3 greatest entertainment companies on the planet. Who won or what won just doesn't matter, what matters is that we will continue to have great games and there are definitely a ton of great games coming out for everyone. You can say MS won or Sony won or even that Ninty won, simple fact is with the success of the Wii everyone is trying to incorporate motion control of some form in order to catch up, which is fine, that's what makes tech better. Someone creates something and someone else has an idea to make it just a bit better and in the end we all benefit. Anyway just my two cents but I really don't give a **** who won or lost, all I want are some tasty waves, a cool bud and a kick ass game to play.

Yeah I agree, today's gaming world has become too heavy on criticism and is less about enjoyment. I wish everyone could stop all the fanboy system bashing bullcrap and just play the games they enjoy and give everyonelse their props.

i love the competition. i dont care much for e3, each of these systems could promote their stuff without it. anyway......i am glad these systems are head to head in competition, this means better technology, games, and lower prices for us:thumbsup:

the coolest thing i saw was natal. yes i did see the avatar get confused, but the fighting part was pretty much the coolest thing ive ever seen from a video game system. im not sure natal will work as well as its claiming but the technology is being worked on and it will be here in the next few years for sure.

microsoft - best technology of the show for sure
nintendo - best games - 2 marios, metroid, etc
sony - i thought their motion control was pretty stupid to be honest and was poor in comparison to the natal.

If you own a Wii or
If you own a 360 or
If you own a PS3

You won.

There are so many great games coming out for all 3 systems we, the gamers, are the real winners.

Personally im a Wii owner and im really excited about the Wii games and motion plus in the near future.

If you own a Wii or
If you own a 360 or
If you own a PS3

You won.

Best answer yet.

Personally I was very impressed with Nintendo's show. Microsoft's was good too. Games like COD:MW2 don't get me too excited though because we've known about it for ages, so Microsoft's Halo games and Nintendo's Mario and Metroid were the winning games for me as they were newer announcements. I'd take Mario and Metroid over Halo any day, so for me Nintendo had the best new games on show.

Back