whose your favorite band?

ssbb_lover said:
?

You mentioned it first?

dancew28wmzh4.gif

no i did not?

Spiritshotgun said:
What's wrong with power metal?
Lol, I don't think he's dissing it, maybe just laughing at the name....?

And sorry Taco, I was thinking of SpiritShotgun who first brought it up, not you. :/

lee.jarratt said:
lol at euro-pop

LOL at modern pop music

Cant be arse to wright lets reuse some one else's

Isn't Power Metal bands like Dragonforce?

Dragonforce are, IMO, possibly the most over-rated band of this millenium. Sure, the guitarists might be good but everything else underneath the guitars is completely out of rhythm, out of tune or just - to put it simply - unneeded. Not only that, the lead singer sounds like a cat being dragged backwards through a blender and could do with some serious lessons on how to write lyrics.

Thrash Metal > Power Metal anyday.

o.o;

Although there are some good Power Metal bands. Iron Maiden, for instance? Nothing recently, though. Or at least nothing I have heard/nothing I can think of/nothing not by a band formed before 2000.

Griever said:
Isn't Power Metal bands like Dragonforce?

Dragonforce are, IMO, possibly the most over-rated band of this millenium. Sure, the guitarists might be good but everything else underneath the guitars is completely out of rhythm, out of tune or just - to put it simply - unneeded. Not only that, the lead singer sounds like a cat being dragged backwards through a blender and could do with some serious lessons on how to write lyrics.

Thrash Metal > Power Metal anyday.

o.o;

Although there are some good Power Metal bands. Iron Maiden, for instance? Nothing recently, though. Or at least nothing I have heard/nothing I can think of/nothing not by a band formed before 2000.
Dragonforce claims to be Deathmetal, but they're more power metal (IMO). Dragonforce is freakin fast, that's a lot of what Power Metal is about. It's very hard to get faster than any of the musicians in that band, any of them. (notice I didn't say impossible, just VERY hard) I like Dragonforce, but they wore on me. Still can't wait for their next album, but it's not on my #1 wanted list.

One thing that's so annoying is when people call Dragonforce underground. I introduced Dragonforce to some of my friends and they think they're so cool because they know this awesome, fast "underground band". THEY AREN'T UNDERGROUND. Not even remotely close.

HAHAHAHAHA @ DRAGONFORCE CLAIMING TO BE DEATH METAL!!!!! who the HELL told you that? They're speed/power, and frankly they suck balls because there is no variation in their riffs not to mention the vocalist gets on my nerves, they're a novelty band.

Death metal bands include:

Bolt thrower
belphegor
fleshgore
necrodeath
the absence
cannibal corpse
cryptopsy

NOT dragonforce XD.

herman ri bores the holy crap outta me, i also hear he's a dick too. Kinda like yngwie.

Nothing recently? check out these power metal bands:

gamma ray
meduza
stratovarius
blind guardians nightfall in middle earth album (fkn fantastic)

I'm not big on power metal myself, but i give credit where it's due and hansi is a great vocalist, so is kai from gamma ray, he's also a great guitarist, their albums are solid.

I do indeed love thrash too. :).

Back