Why do Wii Owner feel the need to Attack PS3?

wow then i must have nightmares of a giant black brick attacking me.

it is like comparing Apples to Oranges, they will never be on the same playing field, therefore never deserve to be compared to one another.

PS3 = next gen
Wii = new gen

Get over it.

Let’s praise the Wii for its entertainment factor and fun, and leave the PS3 out of the equation, your mealy sounding stupid when you try to compare the two.

Tell that to the gamesite reviewers (Gamespot, etc) who always compare PS3 graphics with Wii graphics, PS3 hardware with Wii hardware. The 3 consoles on the market are all different generations. Wii is the new generation, while PS and Xbox are next generation. Sure, compare Sony and Microsoft for their multimedia centres, but Nintendo built the Wii purely for gaming so the other 2 shouldn't even be in the same league as the Wii.

personally i wouldn't attack the ps3 due to the fact that it would be way too easy. Anyone that has been a gamer long enough knows that buying a Sony Product within the first year of the product being on the market is a "Buyer Beware" situation. Due to the fact that it has an at best "50-50" chance of going out on you within a year. Just to clarify this isn't an attack at Sony or the ps3, it is just stating a clear and present fact. I love my Wii and i will aquire a ps3, but not for at least a year. That is all i have to say, thank you and have a nice day.

i flame on the Ps3 because i have a Wii and its sick, plus i hate the PS3, but i am ot sure why. The 360 is awesome too as said in my sig.:D

DarkDepths said:
I think that the main reason people that like the Wii attack the PS3 is because we are insecure. We love our console, but we don't really know how it functions. We haven't seen anything eye-popping, even on the gameplay side. I think alot of us, (Not me!) are worried that we "made the wrong choice." We all want to see the Wii win. We want Nintendo to reign supreme, but there is one obstacle. That obstacle is Sony, and its infamous PS3. To deal with this, we attack it. Me must make ourselves believe that we don't want a PS3, because we just spent so long hyping ourselves up about the Wii and punching our cousins because they mentioned the word playstation one day. So Wii do the only thing Wii know how to do, Wii fight to defend ourselves against the pain of the millions of particles emmitted by the Playstation 3, and the ever evil, Ken Ku.... Sony!
QUOTE]

I 110% disagree with you and your views. What are you a psychologist? You obviously like the PS3 better... Some people actually are just "Nintendo" fans. Some people are just "Sony" fans. You're sitting there telling me that Sony is better and we are in some kind of denial over the Nintendo Wii. Haha, this is such a funny post I can't stop laughing. Seriously though, are you a console psychologist? LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

:) i didnt make the wrong choice cause i got a 360 and wii,and iam not insecure,i just really REALLY hate the ps3,and some of you who seen my posts might already know this.

iplaywii said:
DarkDepths said:
I think that the main reason people that like the Wii attack the PS3 is because we are insecure. We love our console, but we don't really know how it functions. We haven't seen anything eye-popping, even on the gameplay side. I think alot of us, (Not me!) are worried that we "made the wrong choice." We all want to see the Wii win. We want Nintendo to reign supreme, but there is one obstacle. That obstacle is Sony, and its infamous PS3. To deal with this, we attack it. Me must make ourselves believe that we don't want a PS3, because we just spent so long hyping ourselves up about the Wii and punching our cousins because they mentioned the word playstation one day. So Wii do the only thing Wii know how to do, Wii fight to defend ourselves against the pain of the millions of particles emmitted by the Playstation 3, and the ever evil, Ken Ku.... Sony!

I 110% disagree with you and your views. What are you a psychologist? You obviously like the PS3 better... Some people actually are just "Nintendo" fans. Some people are just "Sony" fans. You're sitting there telling me that Sony is better and we are in some kind of denial over the Nintendo Wii. Haha, this is such a funny post I can't stop laughing. Seriously though, are you a console psychologist? LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

First, please learn how to use the quote feature before actually using it. Second, when did I ever say that the PS3 was better. Anyways, what I was saying was that the PS3 is good, but so is the Wii. It's just that maybe some of us are just now realizing that the PS3 may not actually be those horrible things that we once thought they were. So these people attack it to make it seem worse. It is like when people make fun of each other to make themselves feel bigger.

And finally, I am probably one of the worlds leaders in hating Sony. I have nothing made by Sony, and I refuse to buy anything. Nope, Ill stick with Nintendo, as I always have. Afterall who can refuse a nice little round of mariokart, or maybe settling in for a long night of Zelda. Sorry my friend, but you have marked me wrong.

And psychologist? Nah... I'm just a kid in grade 11. And I don't know about you, but I have been saving my money for a Wii since January 1st 2006.

insecurity is the only answer i have for the people that bash other consoles lol, i own a wii and love it, it's awesome and really compact and have always liked the games on the nintendo systems. the nice price compared to other consoles and the thought of more motion sensing within games sounded a lot cooler than the other traditional controllers and the backwards compatability all the way back to the games i played when i was really young got my attention over the others.

Here's the thing.

I have read about every post on this forum. Even though it's a Nintendo Wii forum, there is also large support for Xbox 360 here too. The support for PlayStation 3, however, is not so large.

Why is that?

The PS3 fails in a few strong points:
1. The graphics capabilities aren't significantly different than the Xbox 360.
2. BluRay is forced on consumers, many of which don't desire to have nor need that support (except for the fact that games are unnecessarily on that format).
3. The HD upconversion scheme fails to meet many consumers' expectations for a $600 console.
4. The interface is full of bugs, like when you select something and it doesn't let you enter that function, then you have to exit and re-enter the menu.
5. The console isn't truly fully backward compatible with old games, as promised.
6. The SIXAXIS controller is not motion sensitive -- it is a clumsy, last-minute addition to try to sway a share away from Nintendo. Ever played NBA 2k7? Shooting a basket is a nightmare! They might as well have added a couple more buttons instead!
7. Aliasing is HORRIBLE on the console. Not only does it have issues at 30 degrees like the Wii, but 45, 60, 120, 135, and 150 degrees. This may be due to first generation games, but if it follows in the footsteps of previous Sony consoles (PSOne, PS2), it will always be there.
8. The controllers have no force feedback ("dual shock").
9. The console runs much hotter than Xbox 360, and even that isn't the coolest running console.

However still, the PS3 isn't a bad console. It's just pricey for what you actually get.

The Xbox 360 controller is considered to be "perfect" by many. The fundamental difference between the Xbox 360 controller and the PS3 controller, is essentially that the joystick and d-pad have been switched positions. The PS3 controller still fails in comparison in first and third person shooters, due to the unergonomic reach for the left joystick.

"The Xbox 360 controller is considered to be "perfect" by many. The fundamental difference between the Xbox 360 controller and the PS3 controller, is essentially that the joystick and d-pad have been switched positions. The PS3 controller still fails in comparison in first and third person shooters, due to the unergonomic reach for the left joystick."

Personally, I find it to be a retarded position. They just copied Sony's design, moved the left thumbstick and merged the four shoulder buttons into two. How the hell is it any more ergonomic? You're still sitting there for hours getting carpal tunnel syndrome, but your left thumb is in a mystical slightly further off center position.

Whenever I go over to my friends house I just say "**** it" and use the D-pad.

Note: I'm a long time Nintendo fan, and short term Sony fan (just for the PS2, since I couldn't bring myself to get a Gamecube). Yes, I'm definately biased against Microsoft, and I have my reasons.

See, the thumbstick is a long stretch and is almost painful after several hours of FPS on the Sony controller (pimples, anyone? :lol:)

It really should be where the D pad is on the Sony controllers. Also, the sticks move easier on the Xbox 360.

There are still four shoulder buttons on the Xbox 360.

I can burn at the PS3 all I want. :ciappa: My friends and I call it the "PS1 with a 3 painted on the side" I find nothing really advanced about the hunk o' junk. It can't even play games half decent let alone "Become the media center of my home". The Wii got the 2006 technology award, and is all wrapped up in a neat package. So have fun with your "PP3" as it can suck my Wii :lol:

Back