Why does DS have better online.

CantGetAWii said:
Casual turns into Hardcore.
Hence Nintendo's approach to bring in the casual gamers.
Practice makes perfect.

Trust me, Nintendo has big things planned :lol:

And "Hardcore" is dumb, stop saying it.
Does it make you feel tough or something?
Well i wouldn't expect some one of your age to understand. Gaming has been that culture that only the nerds would do, or the culture that every one else looked down upon when we say hardcore it means the faithful the ones that have been there through all the bull ****. We were there and stuck by gaming when it wasn't the popular thing to do. So yea when i say hardcore i do have a since of pride in the word. Because the same people that talked about, and looked down on gaming is the main target now and the ones that stood faithful and made these companies there money are getting pushed as side to cater to those that could really give a damn. We are the ones that made nintendo what it is and when they forgot about us thats when they fell off. But hold up the hardcore faithful where the ones that still played the gamecube even though most of the games where crap. Where were there casual gamers then? Nintendo owes us

Then are you nintendo's spokes person? Please tell me what they have planned that so big that the rest of us just don't know?

Last edited:
yungblood6 said:
Well i wouldn't expect some one of your age to understand. Gaming has been that culture that only the nerds would do, or the culture that every one else looked down upon when we say hardcore it means the faithful the ones that have been there through all the bull ****. We were there and stuck by gaming when it wasn't the popular thing to do. So yea when i say hardcore i do have a since of pride in the word. Because the same people that talked about, and looked down on gaming is the main target now and the ones that stood faithful and made these companies there money are getting pushed as side to cater to those that could really give a damn. We are the ones that made nintendo what it is and when they forgot about us thats when they fell off. But hold up the hardcore faithful where the ones that still played the gamecube even though most of the games where crap. Where were there casual gamers then? Nintendo owes us

Then are you nintendo's spokes person? Please tell me what they have planned that so big that the rest of us just don't know?

It depends when you started playing, not how old you are now really.
But oh well.
Gamecube was all Casual gamers dude, look at the games.
Actually, Gamecube was no one, as no one seemed to like it :lol:
(I did though)

But with the Wii bringing in the casual gamers by the truckloads, most of them will become "hardcore" as you like to say it, or bored of the games they started playing. So they will look forward to something bigger.

Nintendo has taken note and is either planning a kick ass new console, or a slew of good games right up your alley.

Really I don't know, just a guess.

I feel like casual gamers do the exact same things that any one does casually when they get bored they stop. I think they are just a fad, a quick cash in, an excuse to make lame games, and excuse to not think of something new. That is the real reason why developers are jumping in the wii's lap they can be lazy and make a quick buck. where as the other two they have to do a little more work. Just think about it Nintendo and just a couple other developers are really making innovating games for the wii. How does wii,play, and wario ware out sell the two best games on the Wii?(Metroid, RE4) you see what casual games do to the real good games.Then twilte princes, i don't care what any one says is and has always been a gamecube game. They just didn't want to waste it on a console that already failed so they waited to release it on the wii. How is it that a port that came out almost 2 years ago sells so much(RE4)? They could have used the same controls and made an original game. You see every one is getting lazy on the development side to cater to casual gamers.

Last edited:
yungblood6 said:
I feel like casual gamers do the exact same things that any one does casually when they get bored they stop. I think they are just a fad, a quick cash in, an excuse to make lame games, and excuse to not think of something new. That is the real reason why developers are jumping in the wii's lap they can be lazy and make a quick buck. where as the other two they have to do a little more work. Just think about it Nintendo and just a couple other developers are really making innovating games for the wii. How does wii,play, and wario ware out sell the two best games on the Wii?(Metroid, RE4) you see what casual games do to the real good games.Then twilte princes, i don't care what any one says is and has always been a gamecube game. They just didn't want to waste it on a console that already failed so they waited to release it on the wii. How is it that a port that came out almost 2 years ago sells so much(RE4)? They could have used the same controls and made an original game. You see every one is getting lazy on the development side to cater to casual gamers.

A Wii Zelda will come in a bit.
It was brought over to the Wii because they figured it would make for a good launch title for the Wii and a good swan song for the Cube.
And it was in both regards.

Company's are developing some nice games, seriously guy like there are hardly any "casual games" coming out soon. A lot of big titles are coming our way, and 2008 should be full of surprises.

Re4 sold well because the Wii is selling well really.
Some bought it because they either never played it before on the Cube or Ps2, or they just want to play it again for kicks.
Plus the 30 dollar price tag is pretty low for a port anyways.

Its all about playing the games you want to.
If you don't like what the Wii has to offer why have one still.
Sell it, just stop complaining about it so damn much.

yungblood6 said:
On a more serious not im just tired of the whole casual gamer **** period across gaming in general. We the HARDCORE have brought gaming to what it is today, not the casual gamer. But yet we are being weeded out slowly bit by bit. Just look at the games of today they get simpler and simpler every day. when was the last time you had a hard time playing a game (other than online).

I mean i remember when i used to play games and i would get pissed because i would die, but it made me enjoy the game that much better. Now game over is like a rare occasion in gaming. Take metroid prime for example i jump of a cliff like 2o or 30 times before it says game over wtf is that. i remember you had a certain amount of lives and when you ran out or didn't get any more it was over. I remember when shooters you get shot your energy didn't regenerate, you had to try to survive on what you had left. that made the game that much more entertaining. Now your health regenerates on all those shooter games even the military ones. This is not just nintendo but gaming period F**k the casual gamer. Now every thing is geared towards them, and we are just a fading memory.

I could really give a rats ass if my mom or dad want to play a game. To me if they waited this long to play a damn game they don't deserve it. I been trying to get them to play since i was a kid, but it was like no im too old for that. For the old folks in the homes i can understand but f every one else. We the hardcore have been trying for years to get you to sit down an play games but we were thought of as the outcasts. But now that we have surpassed the other entertainment markets every one wants to game now F**K that.
CASUAL GAMERS ARE A DISEASE TO GAMING PERIOD!!!!

I feel there are just as many hardcore titles around as ever, and people just dont realize it because there are so many sh*t casual games out there.

EDIT: added the *. i thought this forum censored your curses?

CantGetAWii said:
It was brought over to the Wii because they figured it would make for a good launch title for the Wii and a good swan song for the Cube.

Company's are developing some nice games, seriously guy like there are hardly any "casual games" coming out soon. A lot of big titles are coming our way, and 2008 should be full of surprises.

Some bought it because they either never played it before on the Cube or Ps2, or they just want to play it again for kicks.

true you seriously ***** about wii more than anyone else on this forum yungblood. either give it time and wait out the storm that you think is plaguing wii or just get a 360

yungblood6 said:
I can't help but to feel cheated when a hand held console has better online functionality than its console counterpart. The DS has 7 online titles that i know about(most likely more) better friend functionality, and a head set. How many does the wii have? 3 that are out and two that are coming out, almost 3 months apart. The friend code thing is a joke, and there is no talk of or plans for a headset in the future.

I know I know just be patient right, wrong!!! If they can implement these features for there hand held console than by golly it should have been already put in there home console. Im happy that they are trying to bring everyone to gaming but you can't forget about your core base. Part of the next gen experience is online play. Thats nice to have friends over but i don't want to play with the same group of friends every time i play games. i want to test my skills across the world.

BWII is a joke how do you play a coop strategy game with no form of communication? Yes Medal of Honor 2 is coming out thats nice but i have to wait two months till mario kart comes out for another online game? thats insane. F Wii Sport, F wii play, F wario ware, by golly Realy F wii fitness(all could have made great online games as well). Give me a Zelda coop game, a Metroid online shooter, a damn mega man online would be tight too. But no you want to bring me a f en rail shooters, with a stupid case for my wii mote.
Rail shooters have been done already Mr. Inovaters.

Instead you give me a News and weather channel WTF i don't turn on a game system to read the news of find out the weather, what the hell does that have to do with gaming? The vote thing was alright but again has nothing to do with gaming. NINTENDO GET YA ONLINE GAME UP you have had too long to get it right esp when your hand held does it better.
AMEN!:wink:

PS how the hell are you gonna do a mega man online game? what was the last mega man multiplayer game that wasnt about hacking a damn computer? mega man is capcom's character, not nintendo's. go complain on their board.

CantGetAWii said:

ill stop complaining when nintendo starts listening to the gamers. They have not met any of the complaints that the last system had. When your mom stops buying your games for you and you actually have to work for your stuff you will understand that one day. If you don't want to hear me complain stop reading my posts and stop replying with your just wait nintendo is coming with the big dawgs, they gonna bring this, they gonna do that. They aint doing **** but catering to the casuals, with there stupid acessories. They finally make it out the slump and they want to get stupid, this time next year you'll see what casual gamers got them. They already said that a new Zelda game wasn't coming any time soon so what are you talking about. After galaxy and smash bros what do you really have to look forward to? NO more heros, ive seen gameplay of this and its horrible, then you said wait BWII, its alright but its predecessor was better, and online is too stupid for it.
wow the wii has 4 games to look forward to each 2 months apart.
Well you guys have fun till next week when ill give Medal of Honor a try till then folks see ya when i see ya. Its 8:am here at 10"am ill be playing a real online game with Call of Duty 4 peace its been fun

Last edited:
I'm ok with the wii being a little behind, nintendo always comes through in the end..I can be patient, but that's because I have a 360 which people say has the best online capabilities, so I'm not so turned off by wii's online flaws, it will be sorted out, eventually. no headset does bother me a lot though, its the reason why I don't want bwii, and leary about mohh2, I love chatting over multiplayer shooters, but really it would never compare to counter strike or halo online..just my thoughts

yungblood6 said:
If they can implement these features for there hand held console than by golly it should have been already put in there home console. .

well you know a man is serious when he has to resort to those kind of words ! By gum !

but theres plenty of time for the wii to pick up and it WILL exceed the ds on all fronts !

he he he by golly it will ha ha , youngblood you madman !

samXcor3 said:
true you seriously ***** about wii more than anyone else on this forum yungblood. either give it time and wait out the storm that you think is plaguing wii or just get a 360
Like i said countless times before but you got your head stuck so far up your ass that you don't pay attention. i own all 3 i play all 3 and i have every right to complain about what ever it is i want to complain about. just like if you don't like it you don't have to read it and you sure don't have to reply to it. Also if you didnt' have your head stuck so far up your ass you would see that im not the only one that feels like that. just like your not the only one that feels like nintendo is the ****. Last time i checked this was the united states of f**king america and i could say and complain about what ever i wanted because i am protected under the great 1st amendment. You have a option when you see a post to read it or not to read it. you then after you make that choice have another to post or not to post. if you don't care about what i got to say keep it movin pimp. Cause i aint gonna stop till its corrected, i got every right to complain just as you have the right to swing on ther nut sacks.

youngblood , do you actually think that the wiis online functions are that bad ?
I mean true enough theres not a shed load of wifi games but the wii is barely a year old and sure enough there are more games with various online functionality on thier way . Are you completely happy with xbox and ps3 online ? And arent you confident tha the wii will soon have more online games than DS

yungblood6 said:
ill stop complaining when nintendo starts listening to the gamers. They have not met any of the complaints that the last system had. When your mom stops buying your games for you and you actually have to work for your stuff you will understand that one day. If you don't want to hear me complain stop reading my posts and stop replying with your just wait nintendo is coming with the big dawgs, they gonna bring this, they gonna do that. They aint doing **** but catering to the casuals, with there stupid acessories. They finally make it out the slump and they want to get stupid, this time next year you'll see what casual gamers got them. They already said that a new Zelda game wasn't coming any time soon so what are you talking about. After galaxy and smash bros what do you really have to look forward to? NO more heros, ive seen gameplay of this and its horrible, then you said wait BWII, its alright but its predecessor was better, and online is too stupid for it.
wow the wii has 4 games to look forward to each 2 months apart.
Well you guys have fun till next week when ill give Medal of Honor a try till then folks see ya when i see ya. Its 8:am here at 10"am ill be playing a real online game with Call of Duty 4 peace its been fun

Wow resorting to mom jokes now?
Funny thing is I do buy my own games, but good try.

When I said new Zelda I was talking 2009, not anytime soon.
I don't know what Nintendo has planned, I was making assumptions, and so are you.
You don't have facts of what they are going to do in the future, so stop attempting to throw the facts at us.

Since we don't know, all we can say is wait.

Things are looking up

Mario Strikers Charged
Pokemon
Fifa 08
NBA 08
Medal Of Honor

Mario Kart on the way.

Back